1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

Strange, I have been in seven different countries and one thing always tips me off that a person speaks English as a second language. It's the grammatical structure of the sentence. I realize this is typing, but some of your sentence structures led me to believe that you were a fan from another country. Sorry.

2. traveler

traveler Member

ok

Yes he is.

3. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Ya he didn't claim any inside info, it was plowman. He was just sharing his opinions

4. traveler

traveler Member

ok

Been in many foreign countries myself but I am a product of HISD. Graduated Milby high school in 1979.

5. traveler

traveler Member

ok

Thanks. I will be more careful how I post in the future. Maybe not post much except to ask a question.

6. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

If we get Dragic and give up Jones. Who plays PF? Dragic is an upgrade at PG but the hole would be even bigger at PF.

7. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

Cool. Milby ehh? Still think your wrong about Dragic, but I don't think we'll get him anyway. I don't see us getting a third star long term in the near future.

8. Asian Sensation

Sign Boozer and Marion.

9. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

i'm cool with this

at least gives us the perception that morey wants to win now, and isn't really planning on waiting for players to develop

hell that may be why there are rumors for the PG position. trying to find a seasoned floor general.

10. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

Marion maybe, but I don't see us getting Boozer the Loozer. He has to clear waivers first before we even get a shot at him and by that time someone is going to bid for his services.

11. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

We can't get Boozer. We have to wait until after the Amnesty bidding process and there's no way he clears that to hit the free agency market. To bid we would have to forfeit our MLE, BAE, and TPEs. Too high a price.

12. traveler

traveler Member

oh

Yeah Milby was ages ago.

I do like Dragic just don't see him as a star. If others do that is OK with me. I am just of the mind that we need a top tier PF to complete the puzzle. Or Durant in a couple of years. He would be a dream.

13. vstexas09

durant would be the holy grail, but just like bosh, there are no guarantees.

maybe morey has his reservations now about banking on acquiring free agents in the future after bosh dicked us.

i think millsap is our best option at PF for long term, but how much burden can he take off of harden/dwight and is he a solid defensive player? (honest question)

Dragic would be a great fit as he is a potent shot creator and while he was here, I definitely thought he elevated the contributions from his teammates.

He was snubbed as an all star, and really provided Phoenix with that surge to make them come close to playoff contention.

I would take Dragic over Parsons any day, and make a play for a seasoned veteran at PF.

14. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Would Dragic start or come off the bench?

15. traveler

traveler Member

ok

I agree but I think Morey will not take his eye of that superstar PF dreams he seems to have. It is his holy grail. The only way I can see Morey getting Dragic is if he can put him under a team friendly contract just in case a Love or Durant or LMA presents itself. Dragic contract as it sits now does not fal into these parameters. The few precious assets Morey will probably be hoarded by him. Of course I may be completely off base.

I like Milsap but he had an elite year last year. Atlanta will require a nice asset back and more maybe.

16. vstexas09

start.

have rotations that play dragic at the 1 and bev at the 2 during the game and have some rotations with harden and bev as usual

but i think the burden is greatly lifted off of harden; so maybe he can exert some energy on defense

Dragic/Bev/Johnson
    Harden/Daniels
    Ariza/Covington
    DMo/Adrien/Dorsey
    Howard/DMo/Dorsey

if we can, make a play for boozer/marion?

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

If Durant wins back to back titles, he won't leave, the whole thing on Durant is basically reliant on him not winning. Would Durant do that to Harden? doubtful, but at the same time, he'd be pretty straight forward if he hoists an o'brien or two.

18. vstexas09

I agree and I do think they'll make it to the Finals if not this year, then next.

19. traveler

traveler Member

ok

I think Durant will not win it all while with OKC. The door closed on them after Harden left. I expect Westbrook to leave also. IMO.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

In 2013-14, the list of NBA players who played at least 1000 minutes, with an offensive rating at least 115 (points per 100 possessions), finished 22% or more of his team's possessions with a shot, FT or turnover, assisted on at least 20% of his teammates baskets while he is on the floor are:

http://www.basketball-reference.com...&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ts_pct

Yes, a pretty arbitrary combination of criteria, but these generally show guys who are taking on a big offensive burden and doing so efficiently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.