1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

Did Dwight ever say he really wants to play with Jones? Morey will tell Dwight that we are getting a 3rd team NBA player and that we still have moves following, presumably getting a stretch 4 or a veteran. At the minimum, we still have DMo and Adrien.

2. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I'm with you on Dragic....I think his numbers were a product of the team he was on, and not his actual talent. I wouldn't take him over anyone on that list. REGARDLESS of how much "better" of a year he had than them

3. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

Notwithstanding his State Farm commercials, say what now?

4. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I was with ya until this.....lol

5. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

It might have been a fluke but he was seriously fantastic last year. It's not like he was just on a bad team chucking up inefficient shots. He was one of the most efficient players in the league last year, was an elite shooter from the 3pt line, and played good defense. He'd be perfect next to Harden.

6. traveler

traveler Member

ok

Well that means a for sure 1st round exit. No PF's. Who would have thunk that?

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We do have a certain 7 foot PF on the roster who would be a defensive upgrade over Jones.

8. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

None of them were from Slovenia...just sayn

Diaw is foreign too! DING DING

;)

9. traveler

traveler Member

ok

I meant that Dragic was not a franchise PG as CP is. Apologize. I can't seem to find the edit function here.

10. haydenfisher342

need definites. must have something!

11. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

Ah..got'cha. For a second there I thought you were a traveler from another dimension.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If you look a little deeper into Goran Dragic's numbers, there is reason to believe that Morey would consider Dragic a worthy "third star" while doubting Parsons' ability to be one without significantly upgrading his game.

Both Dragic and Parsons are very efficient scorers, but Dragic is the one who is taking on more of a scoring burden (24.5% Usage Rate vs. 19%), creating more shots for himself (only 20.9% of Dragic's 2 pt FG and 53.3% of his 3 pt FG being assisted, vs. 52.7% and 94.6%, respectively, for Parsons) as well as for others (Dragic assisted on 28.1% of temmates' FGs when he was on the floor, vs. 17.3 for Parsons). Dragic also forces opponents to foul him more often (38.1 FTA per 100 FGA as compared to 22.4 for Parsons).

In sum, the numbers indicate that Dragic looks like the guy who is driving the offense and making things happen while Parsons looks like a very nice complementary player.

The Mavs are betting that Parsons can be more than that in their system. Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't. Perhaps Morey failed to see Parsons' potential, maybe the Mavs are being wishful about it. In any case, Parsons being a "star"-- as in the guy who drives a team offensively, is something that hasn't happened yet and it's always safer to bet on something that has happened already (even if it's not with your team, or if it is from a smaller sample size than you'd like) than something that hasn't.

#1912 Carl Herrera, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    2 people like this.
  13. traveler

traveler Member

ok

Who? DMo? I seen him play. We are doomed if anyone expects his defense to win games. I seen him look lost defensively on the court. He hasn't shown he understands the concept that the ball goes IN the basket.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Oddly enough, Dwight's best team didn't really have a power forward, it was running a small forward, who is at best a ghetto tweener as PF.

15. traveler

traveler Member

ok

Chris Paul is as elite as they come.

16. traveler

traveler Member

ok

In the western conference playoffs?

17. supa

supa Contributing Member

No but his posts are very similar to the roeforchrist guy and he just started posting a few days after. Maybe he is just message board traveler.

18. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

damn!

19. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

Third year is when players usually show their biggest improvement. We may be pleasantly surprised.

20. haydenfisher342

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.