1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

But, you are inside on capology. Just a question - - hypothetically if DM the GM were to trade with Team B using the TPE he could receive two players, say each with $4.2mm contracts, yes? Team B would then have two $4.2mm TPEs. In this example why could the deal not work for one $8.4mm TPE, and thus greater value to Team B?

Thanks.

2. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Cuban is an aggressive owner, For a while he wasnt pulling in anyone, Bosh, Melo, Dwight, DWill. Now he's got Parsons and Rondo, and he thinks hes on top of the world. We shall see.

Morey is slow and calculated, and wont make stupid moves but, at somepoint he's going to have to ease up on his asset-stock piling and buy the Rockets a horse or two, to aid Houston to winning a title. That said i like where the Rockets are more than where the Mavs are.

3. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Oh man. LZ told a story this morning on 790 about Lima that was pure gold.

Apparently he was sitting courtside with Lima at a game and started an argument between Lima and Gary Payton. Hilarity ensued...

Be-lieve it!

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

So, Brandon Haywood contract.

5. rockets018

rockets018 Member

Lima time!!!

6. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

A TPE is not an aggregate of outgoing player salaries. TPEs are generated on a salary-by-salary basis. If two $4.2M players are traded out for no salary, then you generate two $4.2M TPEs. You can't create a $8.4M TPE in that scenario.

7. Raven

Raven Member

No, your eyes have been on Rondo, not mine, and probably not Morey's - ever.

8. basketballholic

Exactly. But at the deadline. NOT NOW!

However.....I do believe Haywood has a little bit of game left. Enough to warrant carrying him on the roster at $2 million or whatever his salary is. Don't think he'd be worse than Dorsey out there.

But...CLE snapped him up quickly.....thinking the same thing I am thinking. He's their ticket to cap flexibility in the summer of 2015. And I don't think you'd be able to get them to trade that contract for just about anything right now besides possibly a first round pick or something ridiculous like that.

Here is my post where I outlined the possibilities of this and you can see from the first line that I was very clear that you don't trade for a bad player just to have dead salary to work with. Because.....it will likely cost you a second rounder or more both ways...both trading for and trading out that player again later.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=9362570&postcount=13

9. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Ill always remember that spot of grease/gel/what-ever-the-hell-it-was, on his pants while he was pitching

10. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

You agree offensively? Well, Hill is a horrible defender and D-Mo has been very good this year. Hill isn't the sharpest stick in the drawer and he's always missed a ton of defensive assignments.

If you look at DPRM, which is what people were using to discredit Harden's defense last season, then you'll find that Motiejunas' DPRM is #43 in the entire league this year at 1.72. Hill, on the other hand, is at #351 overall with a DPRM of -1.31.

Likewise, Motiejunas has a 1.1 Defensive Win Shares this season while Hill's Defensive Win Shares is only 0.1.

One guy is a plus defender and the other is a minus defender.

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

for the second year in a row it has been all talk and no action

12. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Soooooo, Corey Brewer today? It's te 19th. It'd be pointless to acquire him tomorrow seeing that we couldn't flip him at the deadline..

13. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

I would like to see Harden and Ariza not play 40+ a game

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Morey is probably having lunch at St James with Harden and laughing his ass out while checking this thread.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So if D-Mo is better at offense, and is rated higher on the defensive end, is younger with more upside, AND has ANOTHER year on his rookie contract, how again does Jordan Hill have more trade value???

I do think that Jordan Hill has value in the fact that you know exactly what you are going to get with him, and he would have a defined role on a good team somewhere between a healthy Anderson Varejao, and Jason Collins. D-Mo is still going to be considered a bit of a gamble given the fact that he's only been a consistent player for 11 or so games.

What Jordan Hill is, and what he knows he is has value, I get that. However you can't honestly tell me with a straight face, that Mitch Kupcheck is getting more calls about the availability of Jordan Hill than Morey is getting RIGHT NOW about Donatas Motiejunas.

And I'm someone that thinks Clutchfans regulars are seriously overrating him at the time. He's coming on the scene right now which is awesome, but he hasn't proven himself yet to GM's around the league and myself that you can bank on him to be X player in the future. We still need more data.

#18895 dobro1229, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  16. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

It's almost two o'clock. ..

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

D Mo has more trade value than Hill. Lol that's not even debatable.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Anyways.... new topic. No need to discuss D-Mo vs. Jordan Hill.

19. ktex

ktex Member

Bombs away!

20. CelticsFan

CelticsFan Member

Done deal Brewer to Houston Per Wojo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.