1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocketman94

rocketman94 Member

leverage play.

2. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Ainge will eventually have to accept what we give him. Because he knows we have a alternative "dragic".

3. izeroi

izeroi Member

What is Green's contract looking like right now? I can't recall.

Wonder who all we'd have to give up to get those two..

4. CertifiedTroll

What formula are you using to get that 90%?

5. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Does that really sound like a good deal to you? Lets give up T Jones and Terry to get Jeff Green???? Terry has been big for us lately. It's pretty funny how people are ready to throw in the towel when it comes to Jones. He is injured... lets not forget how well he has developed. T Jones and DMO is pretty nice.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

That would be true if we were the only team in the league interested in Rondo...we're not.

7. cml750

cml750 Member

Slowly regain credibility???? I would pay to see Kobe and Rondo going at each other.;)

8. CelticsFan

CelticsFan Member

He's been good this year. Jeff Green definitely doesn't hurt a team. He can play a little PF as well as SF and SG. He is probably a rental at this point I would expect him to opt out of his deal.

9. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

Thanks cyber.

Any new word on dragic? And would nyc 2nd round pick be enough for brewer, so that we can still get dragic with tpe?

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Something is about to happen...

11. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

We are the only team with the only team with assets that actually "wants". That pelicans pick is really what he wants. We may have to get a third team in to help out. Its funny how when morey sets a trade deadline the entire league is now opening up trade talks.

12. zigzag

zigzag Member

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It's also funny how Jones is giving us absolutely ZERO right now due to his injury. If you can get a good player like Jeff Green in exchange for a DNP-status Jones and Terry's expiring contract why wouldn't you? I rather have Green and DMo at the 4 than Jones and DMo.

Let Rondo go to LA and have him fight it out with Kobe.

14. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Fixed

15. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

#Floon

16. CertifiedTroll

17. baubo

baubo Member

You're right. But here's what we're up against.

Dallas - "Promising" center Wright and a pick in the 20s and potentially another one 2 years into the future
    Knicks - Larkin? Early? Hardaway? Shumpert? They're not giving all of them, probably just one or two
    Lakers - Rockets pick? They aren't trading Randle
    Anyone else Rondo will re-sign? He already nixed the Sacramento trade. So he's not going anywhere he doesn't want to.

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I was thinking something like that as well but I doubt ATL wants to rock the boat right now given their record.

Be that as it may, I'm sure ATL is looking to move on from Teague and his contract.

Something like THIS?

I'd hate to lose Papa but we'd get back players with playoff experience and get a lot of depth and rotational options.

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Why would Atlanta give up two of the biggest reasons they're killing it right now? Millsap has been All-Star level all season, and the Teague/Schroder rotation has been awesome for them.

20. basketballholic

So, here's what I know.

A month ago today I was informed that Morey was all-in on Rondo. But Ainge hadn't decided to pull the trigger. Was not told the pieces but was told Morey was throwing everything at Ainge to get him to deal. Was told that if Rondo were traded it would be to the Rockets but Ainge hadn't decided to deal.

Then like not even a day later the news comes out that Goran has notified the Suns that he is going to have an open free agency. Mind you the day before I had heard we were all in on Rondo and Ainge was the one not willing to pull the trigger.

That was the same time frame that Dwight went down. So Ainge doesn't pull the trigger and DMo goes on a run and establishes himself.

Now fast forward to today and we're getting this info from cyberx.

===========================

From here forward is my speculation. No sourced info.

I suspect that Ainge saw DMo pop up and he then decided to pursue closing the trade that him and Morey had discussed a month ago. Only now...Morey ain't willing to deal DMo. So....now Ainge is forced to try to drum up best offers for Rondo again, to try to create a market for him.

#17720 basketballholic, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.