1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Think Drew is related to an Insider and hears a lot of behind the scenes rumours. Problematic thing is he apparently gets over-excited and thinks deals are nearly done the minute somebody indicates a player likes a team etc.

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

We were making a play for 2014 cap space at the time. His contract doesn't expire until next summer.

3. Centerville

Centerville Member

"Maybe" and "I'm not sure..." In other words, it's base speculation. Parsons left because Dallas offered him $15 million/year and Houston didn't. We don't have to speculate.

Good grief.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Harden average 6.1 assists per game last year, tops for all shooting guards and 14th in the NBA.

His usage % actually dropped last year versus 2 years ago.

If Parsons is butthurt about Harden's performance vs Portland then I can understand to a certain extent because Parsons, himself, threw up some ugly games too.

If Parsons loved sipping on that kool-aid thinking that somehow someway he will be a star in this league then I guess Parsons is more gullible than previously thought. At least Harden's superstar trajectory had some merit as he had a PER higher than 16 in his second season and a PER of 20+ in his third as a Thunder.

5. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Is it possible for us to take on Rondo and Bass? Still trying to figure out the CAP situation with all the moving pieces.

6. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I believe so, gotta get the assurance from Bima. It might have to be two separate trades though, with us absorbing Bass with cap space (for a pick) and then trading for Rondo using the trade exception, Jones, NO pick, etc...

7. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

That's what I was thinking. Appreciate it.

8. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

yeah, durant and westbrook hated playing with harden

smdh

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

finsraider is right.

I am far from a cap expert, but a deal that netted us Rondo and Bass would seem to be the best way to go forward for a few reasons.

1) Rondo could be that third "elite" player Morey is looking for
    2) If Rondo isn't that third "elite" player, he comes off the books next year. So he'll either walk and open up cap space or we can S&T him.
    3) Bass is nothing special, but he's at least as good as TJones. And we need all the help we can get at PF.

10. zigzag

zigzag Member

DYST Now ‏@DYST_Now 3h
    SOURCE: The Detroit Pistons are actively shopping Josh Smith. Rockets and Pelicans potential suitors. Also can't rule out the Suns.

11. zigzag

zigzag Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>UPDATE: Rockets are still working the phones but getting a trade done for Rondo or Love trade is unlikely. They lack the assets.</p>&mdash; DYST Now (@DYST_Now) <a href="https://twitter.com/DYST_Now/statuses/488725859030016000">July 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Now if they're able to acquire Greg Monroe or Josh Smith from Detroit their chances of getting Love or Rondo would increase.</p>&mdash; DYST Now (@DYST_Now) <a href="https://twitter.com/DYST_Now/statuses/488726192754032640">July 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

I know this morning on 790, Morey said Parsons contract is one of the most "un-tradeable" ones he's seen. Josh Smith is up there.

13. haydenfisher342

To the people who keep saying so gullible, people will believe anything, stfu please. If it's stop hard for you to believe why do you keep coming back. Everyone thought bosh was a done deal, we going to discredit everyone who we wrong ? Drew obviously has insider info, its clear. Drew is a rockets fan. Show some respect please, be doesn't have to say anything. I enjoy tid bits of info that i would of never received ever until something happens

14. Karolik

Karolik Member

is Berman an insider? I don't think he is. He might know a little more than the general public but he's no woj...

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

Doc Rocket retweeted Lance's post

16. haydenfisher342

He knows more then us. Take it or leave it

17. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

How so? Josh Smith? :confused:

18. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Do you have his phone tapped? Do you share the same sources that he has? Or is it 'garbage' because it goes against what your opinios/hopes?

Typical Clutchfans: Everyone's an expert. If I disagree with your opinion or don't like what you are saying you are an idiot. :rolleyes:

19. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

I really wish there were a chance that we get Rubio. Not Kevin Love. He's a phenomenal passer and could lure Llull to Houston. Send Canaan, NO Pick, Gee and Motie. A rotation of Rubio, Harden, Ariza, Jones, Howard, Llull, Beverly, Capela could wreck

20. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

Is this saying that if we acquire GM or JS then we have a chance at Love or Rondo because they can be used in a trade?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.