1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. finsraider

finsraider Member

I doubt he would play a minute for us. We would flip him in two months for Love with our assets and the assets we receive from Chicago in the boozer trade.

2. dje243

dje243 Member

NOP pick for Taj and Dunleavy? Is that an absurd trade?

3. King901

King901 Member

So everyone is running away with trying to get boozer and assets now?

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Yea give me Butler/Taj/Dunleavy and I consider it. You are helping direct a player you wanted to another team.

5. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Defense and offensive boards. Decent mid-range game. High effort and great motor.

6. dje243

dje243 Member

Shooting and elite defense.

7. dje243

dje243 Member

It's past midnight so... Yeah pretty much.

8. haydenfisher342

thanks. going to check some mixes

9. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

gibson is a fantastic defender....like top 3 at his position sort good. he's a terrific pick and roll defender b/c of his ability to switch onto the perimeter. then add to the fact he's not a liability on offense...and he would be an amazing fit.

10. MFG16

MFG16 Member

Guys, don't kill me for saying this and I hope it doesn't come down to this but if we're in a 3 team deal with the bulls/Knicks it's for Boozer. Boozer is the one guy Chicago HAS to move. The owner has come out and said he does not want to amnesty boozer and Melo has said he wants to play wiith Gibson. From our standpoint it gives Morey a PF with an expiring contract. This paired with Morey being unsure about matching Parsons means this move will get us a PF but will keep our cap open for next summer. Maybe we get a hardaway or butler added (which will help the blow of getting Boozer) but it only makes logical sense that it'll be Boozer. If we go this route I bet this is what happens. Would love to be wrong though.

11. RV6

RV6 Member

No I checked the original tweets, they asked about melo and he said they reached out to him again tonight

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'd rather we just forfeit next season

13. dje243

dje243 Member

If we were willing to just take on boozer that deal would be done already. Morey is trying for Taj. That means we're sending out good assets though. Again this is all in Melo's hands. If he tells Chicago he wants Taj there then Taj stays.

14. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

It seems to me that we are trying to help Chicago clear cap space to land Melo and that we are trying to use those pieces to trade for Love. Maybe Rondo? We need a point guard. I think this might be more than just a three team trade.

15. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Terrance Jones = Taj Gibson
    Boozer would compliment Terrance much better and space the floor more for Dwight.

16. dje243

dje243 Member

Defense though...

17. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Member

if we wind up with love and rondo after getting screwed over by Bosh, then id be ecstatic.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

1) I think the price for taking Boozer will be quite high.

Even though he only gets paid $1.8M more than Lin, his cap hit is double that of Lin's at $16.8M. This means that far fewer teams have the ability to eat his salary and those that do will take a much bigger hit in terms of cap space (which that team can use to either sign players or even eat other salaries for picks) and will thus ask for more.

Lin is also a younger player with at least some upside while Boozer is clearly on decline.

So, what's the price for Boozer? Maybe Mirotic?

2) Houston can technically take in the contract of all 3 of Boozer, Taj and Dunleavy while sending out only Jones and non-guaranteed contracts (in addition to Asik going to NOP and Lin to LAL). Not to say any of the teams will agree to this, just that it can be done under the rules.

1 person likes this.
  19. dje243

dje243 Member

I think if we take Boozer Morey would insist on Taj as well.

20. opticon

opticon Member

As much as I hate it Boozer he gives a slight upgrade at the 4 with out us compromising 2015 cap space. I would rather sign ariza and let parsons walk. that salary is bananas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.