1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I, for one, am not putting all my eggs in one basket and believing one "insider" over another "insider". But if that's the topic of discussion, and it happens to be in this epic of a thread, might as well right?

Ride that rollercoaster, baby!

2. akeemshook

akeemshook Member

But that information contradicted the other information and you're choosing to believe both. It's ok that you've swallowed the kool-aid, but at this point their track record is so poor I don't see how anyone can complain about questioning their information.

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Where were the insiders when Morey traded for Jason Terry? Not a single word mentioned.

Or when he signed training camp fodder and scrubs like Black or Michelle or Smith? Not a single word mentioned.

Not even Morey knows who he is going to get until the very last minute so for some to repeatedly assure us that we are getting player X or player Y and more so put a deadline on it is preposterous to say the least.

1 person likes this.
  4. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

It's not that serious, bro. Either roll with it, or don't.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GmerFuzRNZ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

When your not ranting about McHale, you sure make alot of sense. ;)

(I get the frustration with him, but you are going to give yourself an aneurysm getting worked up about it this year)

Its true though. Go back and Morey's transaction history and tell me 3 of them that were well discussed and predicted by fake insiders, real insiders, and hard core fans who spent countless hours on the trade machine (used to one of them).

Almost every deal he's made has come out of the blue, and blindsided everyone. Remember the days when the Rockets had a hole at SG/SF after McGrady went down and all we heard about was Monte Ellis, Igoudala, and Caron Butler???

How about went Yao went down and all we heard about was rumors about every center in the league. Varejao, Dalembert, Haywood, and even young guys who were supposed to be the next great center like Thabeet, Cole Aldrich, and everyone's favorite Hasaan Whiteside???

Morey ended up doing better than EVERYONE else on here would have done at the time. He ended up getting guys like Aldrich and Thabeet while actually GETTING assets to take on their contracts, and ended up using his assets on much better/long term options to rebuild his team.

Why anyone thinks they can predict Morey's moves is beyond me. While anyone would claim to know his every move, and fool people into thinking they are a true Morey insider is asinine. Its insulting to our intelligence.

1 person likes this.
  7. finsraider

finsraider Member

Rubio is the only potential addition that Plowman has been specific about. I believe he said NOP 1st, DMo, Nick Johnson, a future 1st, and something else. That's too much for Rubio, but I could see us trying to morph it into a 3 team deal with a PF coming back to us with Rubio. Absolutely must be a stretch 4.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

You actually have a third option. Just stay out of the thread. You are like the ice bucket challenge without the ALS awareness/contribution.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Kind of a big difference on the "Bev / Canaan" thing.

If they wanted the Pels pick, DMo, and Canaan for Rubio, seems we would've pulled the trigger. Unless some separate team in some separate deal wanted that Pels pick and Morey was trying to barter.

Now, if they asked for Patrick Beverly, that would be different. Bev works his butt off and gives 100% on every play. Not a perfect point guard, but a tough guy to lose.

10. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

This board seems to think both Bev and Jones are worthless. They arent stars but they seem to be undervalued on this board now.

11. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

Some people have to realize that sometimes information can be interpretate the wrong way. In the movie Trouble with the Curve Clint Eastwood tells Justin Timberlake stay out of that player because he is a bust. JT listened to his advise and his team did no draft him, But Clint Eastwood's team going behind his back drafted the bust dude. When JT finds out is furious and over reacts, kinda like the majority of people on this forum. Just chill things will happen eventually, we should feel lucky to have guys like Cyberx and Plowman, I feel that we should listen to these guys and if nothing happens then nothing happens they have the best intentions. I mean the season is around the corner and instead of being exited for the Rookies and the development of TJones and Dmo we are fighting for some BS players that are not even in a Rockets Red uniform

12. steddinotayto

I think it's actually the opposite. Jones is by far the best tradeable asset we have right now (e.g. high value). He's had on-the-court experience and solid numbers as opposed to DMo who actually has value in terms of mostly potential.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Cho on <a href="https://twitter.com/KembaWalker">@KembaWalker</a> possible extension: We've had some initial talks. We're just starting.</p>&mdash; Charlotte Hornets (@hornets) <a href="https://twitter.com/hornets/status/515208329191124993">September 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I see right through the so called insiders and their agenda here.

You're the same person who would take what the insiders (real or fake) have to say as gospel and when nothing that they say happens (which is likely) come here b****ing at Morey for his "failure."

15. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

I think he has value too, im speaker more to his perception here after the Portland series. Yes he got destroyed by LMA, but LMA is one of the best PFs in the league and Jones is still young. It was a tough learning experience for him and hopefully he learned something from it. Most posters seem to have just given up on him and Bev after the disappointing first round exit.

16. finsraider

finsraider Member

TJones and Beverely are both guys I want coming off the bench. They've proven to be legitimate players in the league.

The issue is that both have significant limitations on offense. Beverely can't create and TJones can't shoot. That means extra pressure on Harden and little space for Howard.

At this point, I think we're hanging tight and prepping for the trade deadline.

17. steddinotayto

You gotta crack some eggs to make an omelet man. No one is giving up on Jones and Bev just because. If we an parlay them into a BETTER 4 or a BETTER 1 then Jones and Bev are expendable.

18. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

I know but they are both young. Do you not think they have the potential to work and improve in those areas? People (not you specifically) expect these young guys to be finished products and are unwilling to give them time to get better.

19. NotChandlerParsons

Bev's 26. I love the dude but I don't think he is going to take a massive leap at this point.

20. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

I dont think he needs to take a massive leap, just improve his shooting and ball handling a bit. I dont expect him to become a star just a better (gasp!) role player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.