1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Yea it basically means "Throw me a godfather offer and I'll listen"

We could theoretically help their financial cause even more by absorbing Perkins' contract with the TPE after trading for Reggie Jackson.

2. bmd

bmd Member

I'm sure Morey and company are exploring many different things.

Morey seems like an opportunist. He'll wait for something to happen and he'll move in and try to deal.

So I don't think anything is imminent and even Morey doesn't know when the opportunity will present itself.

He built the roster in a way that when something pops off, he can be a player at the table.

That's why I find a lot of this info like "we're getting so and so SOON" to be BS.

Just wait and something will open up.

3. basketballholic

They prolly want Pels pick, DMo, and one of Bev/Canaan for Rubio. And that's probably more than any other team will pay for him. So, it's probably too much.

4. sabesque

sabesque Member

Right.

And the "before the season starts" piece is, at a minimum, him acknowledging that trading Reggie Jackson is a potential outcome.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

None and I repeat NONE of the so called insiders on this thread have any track record of success except Cyberx. Why should we believe them? It is absolutely ludicrous.

Use your common sense people. Why would you think Phoenix would trade Dragic or Bledsoe for the pooh pooh platter we have to offer. A 3 guard system seems to be the way forward and Dragic - Bledsoe - Thomas is as good as it gets to implement this system.

Cyberx has come out and clearly said that what we have is what we roll with.

All that these other insiders seem to want to do is stroke their egos or ewenises saying "I told you so" if it happens and saying "trades are fluid, things change all the time blah blah" if it doesn't happen.

Drew is a certified fraud. Anyone posting his garbage taking ti as gospel is living in fantasy land. Plowman is reaching those levels with his failed deadlines and his SOON timings, although he has been given enough credit as a 99er (whatever that means).

Move on, nothing to read here. Morey usually has tens of trades lined up and ends up pulling trades that are least expected.

Edit: Not saying that I believe what cyberx is saying since he often says the most obvious things and calls it sources but cyberx who has been vouched by Clutch vs Plowman or Drew, I'd rather take cyberx. It's like T-Will vs Royce White, both suck but you'd rather take T-Will.

#11745 FTW Rockets FTW, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
    2 people like this.
  6. DreamEarlNolan

As far as I can tell Plowman and Drew have been making claims for months and none of them have come true. I understand that things change and are fluid, but there has been many times where they basically guaranteed something would happen within a time frame only for nothing to happen. I want to give these guys the benefit of the doubt, but based on their history to this point they don't know anything more than the rest of us.

7. ChrisInAZ

ChrisInAZ Member

More accurately:

CGs
    G. Dragic
    Bledsoe
    Thomas

PG
    Ennis

SG/SF
    Z. Dragic

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Then trade for Ilyasova or Bass with Terry and 2 seconds? You have a deal sir!

PG: Jackson / Beverley
    SG: Harden / Daniels
    SF: Ariza / Papaniko
    PF: Ilyasova / Motie
    C: Howard / Perkins

9. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

wanted to rep you but couldn't for repeated rep. Anyhow anyone that uses "pu pu platter" as an analogy is legit.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

rubio is not a target

11. steddinotayto

Just looked at Perkins' salary again and it's more ridiculous than I had thought so we can absorb it with the TPE.

12. steddinotayto

sorry, *can't

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

contract extension deadlines for the RRs is Oct 31. if minny or celtics intend to trade these players this would be the period where trade value is greatest/hold most leverage.

14. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

If the rockets gave that up for a player like Rubio then Morey would have to have his head checked. You'd be trading Asik and Jones for one of the worst FG% guys in the league history. LOL

15. steddinotayto

Sometimes love makes you do crazy things :grin:

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

IF they are really looking to moving him probably not much.

But they aren't obviously. Don't believe everything you read on here just cause someone says they have a "source".

The Celtics have been willing to move Rondo for the longest time, but haven't yet got a strong enough offer to warrant moving him. If Rondo a superior version PG and a proven winner with championship pedigree can't warrant a "superstar-like" trade package, what makes anyone with their right mind think Rubio trade packages will have any value.

Again... that's IF he's put on the market.

Right now, There is literally ZERO reasons for the Wolves to put Rubio out there in talks willingly.

Its not like they have another young PG on their roster they want to develop. Rubio will be good for a young athletic team that is going to run. He will be good for Wiggins. He's already been good for Brewer who is really going to be the model of player they want Wiggins to be in his first couple years.

And the fact is, Rubio will not be a free agent until next Summer, and there is no reason for the Wolves to trade him if they can't workout an extension like OKC did with Harden. Right now the Wolves are looking at being right at the luxury tax line. There is no reason to believe they will be going deep into lux tax 2 or 3 years from now like with OKC and Harden.

The obvious move is to make a simple trade THIS YEAR to move out one or more veteran wings to get Wiggins more PT & get the vets in a situation where they can get more PT. Moving out massive amounts of salary really doesn't matter. They aren't getting under the cap so it is what it is. Just shed a couple mil and get under the lux tax.

Kevin Martin, Brewer, and Budinger are good players on contracts that really aren't bad at all if they are playing on good teams. I'd love to have all three on the Rockets believe it or not. I don't think they will have much issue at all moving some of those pieces to get them under the lux tax this year, and next year with the cap increase, they should be in good shape to put Rubio into free agency, and see what happens.

Bledsoe didn't even get a single contract offer this year outside of Phoenix, and next Summer Rubio will be competing with the likes of Rondo, Dragic, & more for the same limited money and suitors who need a veteran starting PG. I like Minnesota's chances at bringing back Rubio on a very, very fair contract.

Don't fall for the shenanigans the "F-Insiders" are trying to pull just to get attention. There really isn't that much to see with the Rubio situation, or non-situation.

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Rondo would never sign an extension with anyone, it's just a bad contract for him

18. Classic

Classic Member

I just hope after all this that DMorey recognizes his 'we don't offer player options' stance to be ludicrous and he has firmly put Les in his place when trying to make personnel decisions.

Lin over Dragic was a disaster.

19. delishman

delishman Member

We had multiple insiders, whether you believe that or not, refrence it.

Then we had a guy who is FRIENDS WITH MOREY say it. FRIENDS with Morey. Confirmed by the Mods. Friends with Morey.

Global Warming is not happening.

Obviously not all of Morey's work comes through e.g. BOSH. But that doesn't mean they don't get close or happen. Hello every Morey completed trade ever.

20. delishman

delishman Member

Haha, fair enough StuFrogg. Morey's eyes are always bigger than his stomach. That we know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.