1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basketballholic

No it's not necessary. Just silly responses to silly questions.

2. basketballholic

If only this were actually true.

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you're really going to keep on claiming that your ego is out of the equation here?

BTW, I received a ton of rep in thread, too. I'm not going to be silly enough to try and claim that it doesn't stroke my ego.

Also, I don't get why you think clarifying your thoughts through the editing process is somehow shameful. To me it shows a greater effort.

1 person likes this.
  4. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

i wasn't trying to spout it as a mention of my ewenis growing. mainly stating that many others shared in my sentiment and that's how I knew.

my lord otto - I didn't think it was shameful, it's just not natural to have converse within edited posts. whatever this is between you and I is out of control and useless- so i'll let your ego win :) and bow out.

#10664 studogg, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  5. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Any word on if Mchale is getting fired?....I find it weird how close we are to training camp and still haven't hired any new assistant coaches..this team isn't going anywhere with this idiot as our head coach.

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I don't really care about your sarcastic responses and use of emoticons at this point. You didn't get my point. That's all that matters, peasant. ;)

7. basketballholic

Interesting. I have heard from one source that he's going to be on a shortened leash now that Love is out of the picture. Source doesn't believe his firing is imminent. But did say that McHale could go during the season if Morey feels he is underperforming.

8. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The sense of entitlement is the worst part about this thread. This forum went years with getting a few tidbits of information here and there, usually in a very cryptic way. There is more insider information flowing now than ever, and a lot of posters feel like they're entitled to more. Batman was under NO obligation to come here and share his connection, but did anyways. So to get mad because he "teased" information presumes that you had a right to hear that info from the first place.

1. He was under no obligation to share that information.
    2. Sharing more information would be breaking the trust of someone he values as a friend
    3. He gave us a substantial tidbit, which is better than nothing!

These tidbits used to be infinitely more infrequent. We should all be more grateful for what we get. The only reason to criticize an insider is because you want to show the board that "you can't be fooled." It's not about warning other people; it's about ego. Clutch and the mods do a great job of keeping the fake stuff out. Leave that to them.

Lastly, I find jopat's suggestion of moving things away from the board to be over the top. Look, CF may be trending down in quality due to the immature behavior of a handful of posters, but on the whole it remains the best sports message board by leaps and bounds. It's the offseason lull; once the season starts the great analysis and discussion will return. Let's not get too down on everything.

9. basketballholic

And you don't get mine, martian. ;)

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think everybody has acknowledged that there are a ton of grumpy children who are biting at the ankles of anybody labeled "insider" in this thread. That is the whole reason for everything I've posted here today.

11. basketballholic

LOL. You find it over the top when Doc, Batman, Plowman and others have already moved off the board. LOL

12. benchmoochie

That's fine. We are all just interested to see if there is to be a better team to be put on the court coming opening day.

13. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

It's time to let him go..I want to watch my rockets team run plays again like the rick adelman days. We scored so effortless with that team in a set offense. Imagine if rick had this much talent on his team.

14. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, just your suggestion that you open up a subscription site where you pocket the money and take people away from here? You go out of your way to alienate everyone, you know?

15. benchmoochie

Are there any candidates left that could be hired during midseason? Or would they just pull some Chris Finch, interim coach, until that could be settled.

16. akeemshook

akeemshook Member

Lol. You think you have inside information. JR put your dirty drawers up the flag pole for all to see.

17. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

just to clarify, the sentiment seconded wasn't about insiders being liars or needing to verify anything. It was the frustration with the threatening to leave so people have to kiss their butt to stay. I find that behavior very frustrating - but as I also indicated - the insiders find it very frustrating that their continually being called out. so you're right - if I'm such a big boy to call out others on growing up and ignoring the trash, I should be just as big a boy and ignore the behavior that annoys me.

18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Ego is huge huge huge behind Bballholic and Batman. There is no ego at all behind Plow or Cod. Big difference.

When Roe4christ was stringing us along, it is fact that Bballholic was there backing the guy up. Very easy to play revisionist and craft a narrative to make it seem as though one is on the inside. Shame because the person is a pretty solid poster outside of the whole shenanigan.

In their posting, Plow and Cod have been humble and committed.

19. benchmoochie

so Roe4Christ was just a normal poster who got an idea all of a sudden and posted it here?He was the guy with the person in the room when the bosh thing went south?

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

From days of playing ball at the Fonde.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.