1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haydenfisher342

anyone teach me how to ignore Rockets2k? not one post of his/hers is worth reading

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Well in all honesty it's a damn if you do damn if you don't thing

Batman couldn't tell us much and got torched for it

CyberX and Plowman gave us names, dates, etc. and got torched for it

1 person likes this.
  3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I still can't figure out what exactly Batman Jones' insider info was.

Did he actually give any info? Maybe it was lost among everything else.

4. RocketsRed777

RocketsRed777 Member

Agreed 100%

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I sympathize with Batman because of what he is going through in his personal life but he really didn't add much as an insider until his very last post.

Coming in telling us out of the 4 PG's, we are interested / focussed on only one doesn't help. Heck it doesn't take a Rocket scientist to tell us that Morey will not pursue more than 1 PG at that price nor does it take Einstein to tell us Morey always has a pecking order. Just give us the name or don't say anything at all. This "I am insider but I can't say anything" is of no use except showcasing yourself for some rep points or having posters beg you for more info.

2 people like this.
  6. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Go to UserCP at top and read instructions.

7. bmd

bmd Member

The one time I posted inside information here people were very pleasant. Not a single person questioned it.

Although maybe it was because the news wasn't really all that important.

8. RocketsRed777

RocketsRed777 Member

This picture will be crystal clear in 12 days or less. We have waited this long, what's 12 more days.

9. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

10. steddinotayto

I'm not saying it happens all the time but the way Doc got questioned (and subsequently left CF) and the Witch Hunt of Summer 2014 probably means that our insiders will be treading softly from now on.

And that's not necessarily a bad thing either. While I appreciate what info or "info" they've given us I, as a fan, also like the fact that we used to discuss and talk about players that might not even be on the Rockets' radar. It's like dreaming and speculating what could be done, what players fit best, etc. That used to be an element of the romance in being a Rockets fan posting on Clutchfans

11. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

this is a good point.

I sincerely hope something happens that validates these guys because otherwise we will have to wade through a ton of posts saying "see!!! I was right!!! (fill in the blank) was a big fat phoney!"

I wish more understood that the NBA is fluid, and nothing is guaranteed to happen until it actually happens.

[​IMG]

12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

What's taking you so long to join. :confused:

13. baubo

baubo Member

I want to know this too. The only post I saw was him saying we're only after 1 out of 4 PGs mentioned by Plowman but won't say who (so it ended up not saying anything). And then it was just a lot of weird stuff and I couldn't follow anymore.

14. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

I emailed you through the board last night. ;)

15. steddinotayto

Batman posted who he knew and who could have given him inside info but that has since been deleted which I think is the right thing to do out of respect for him.

16. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

u wot m8

17. bmd

bmd Member

Okay, so can we figure out which of the 4 PGs would be the most logical?

Knowing how Morey operates, I think we can scratch Bledsoe off the list. I don't think he would overpay for a player with his injury history. Doesn't seem like something he'd do.

That leaves Dragic, Rondo, and Rubio.

Anybody want to tackle what they think Morey's thinking is on those options?

18. steddinotayto

Getting Rondo or Rubio would have to be at the trade deadline IMO and I can't see Morey standing pat for that long considering the factors involved (tough conference, Howard's window is slowly closing, we have no legitimate facilitator aside from Harden).

Dragic...he's the guy we all want but I don't see how we're going to get him considering the relationship between Phoenix and Bledsoe looks like it's pretty much over. I don't think there's been an instance in the history of the NBA where a player has held out this long only to end up playing for his former team for an extended period of time. It'd definitely be the first time I've ever seen it happen.

Bledsoe is a high risk because of his injuries but he, IMO, has the highest ceiling among the 4 point guards and gives you plenty of both offense and defense.

What COULD help the situation is if Dragic returns to Phoenix from the World Championships and agrees to an extension now. If that occurs, Bledsoe literally has zero reasons to stay in Phoenix.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

144 more pages ?

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Look, if you are going to put "insider info" out here, you are going to get doubts and questions. It comes with the territory. Imagine the crap that these espn/yahoo "insiders" get when they tweet out something.

I don't even know what Batman said, too much to sift through so I'll just wait to be surprised. Season isn't too far away

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.