1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Sorry, but yes. It is a fair deal and not nearly overpaying.

I thoroughly explained the thought process of my opinions, and you reply with a sentence saying "no your wrong, i'm right" c'mon bruh.

In this hypothetical (dear god do I need to stop wasting my time arguing over hypotheticals)... We'd be getting a 28 year old all star caliber point guard in his prime, coming off a career year, with absolutely no injury history for two role players (Beverley has had Injuries too) who are fringe nba starters, a mid second round pick, and a late lottery pick (which will likely be another role player) and your calling Phoenix greedy for not wanting less?

I know exactly the situation Phoenix is in, thats why I believe we even have a chance to get Dragic, If Pheonix wasn't in there current position we'd have nothing to offer them and no hope to acquire Dragic, luckily that's not the case and we might be able to steal him.

2. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Member

Last time we had him, if we had traded him for that haul instead of losing him in FA I'd feel great about it. Back then if we had another possible all star PG and I knew dragic was coming up on FA I'd love to keep him but if the FO didn't want to tie up that much money in one spot then I'd want to get whatever I could for him rather than lose him for nothing.

A lot of folks here were that upset when morey let him walk and some here considered trading him at the deadline because of the fear that him leaving could happen.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

No! Too much!!

I say Gee, Hopson and Powell and a heavily protected 2019 second round pick for Dragic would be more then fair, maybe too fair, I guess we could take out the second round pick?

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

Terrence Jones + NOP 2015 1st rounder + Patrick Beverly + Nick Johnson.... for Goran Dragic?

Mmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhh.....no. It's a lot to give up for a guy they never should have allowed to leave in the first place (thanks, Les; count that money, bro; now that Jeremy's gone, whatcha gonna do?)

Might as well go after Eric Bledsoe. Apparently Sarver's had no contact with him for four months, he wants max money, they won't pay it....

In fact, as much as I'd like Dragic here (and he'd be a better fit overall), I wouldn't be stunned if Bledsoe is more get-table. (If Morey is willing to pay the price; and why not? It's Morey's M.O. Underpay certain players so you can overpay others.)

Take it easy. We get it. Goran's being undervalued. Doesn't mean we're gonna hand over the keys to the kingdom to undo the mistake of letting him go.

I still think this whole thing is gonna flip in the direction of Bledsoe, but we'll see.

#6864 ROXTXIA, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. gregas

gregas Member

If we get to a 1000, does the page count overload and reverts back to 001?

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

No. Nothing "reverts back". It just reverts.

7. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Anyone know why this thread is still going? It's like a Ship Channel cockroach, It just refuses to die.

8. cdastros

cdastros Member

If it wasn't for this thread, we would have multiple threads in the GARM based on twitter rumors.

9. cyberx

cyberx Member

Still not able to confirm this.

I REITERATE, it does NOT mean it is not going to happen - I personally have been told by who I personally know that it is not even discussed.

You are only as good as your sources. I can only tell you what I am being told.

Plowman can be close with someone who is saying otherwise.

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Cyber.... What is your personal opinion of the trade value of Tjones and then our NOP pick?

11. duluth111222

duluth111222 Member

I think he already said that his sauces didn't think we had anything that Suns want, meaning TJ+NOP pick won't be enough to get Dragic or Bledsoe.

12. Aleron

Aleron Member

At this point i can't imagine they haven't discussed internally about sign and trading bledsoe or moving dragic as an expiring. I can see why they wouldn't tell anyone (the lever goes up, the lever goes down), but such contingency discussions would have to have happened, especially with a gm like they have.

Given the scope and funding of nba teams, contingency planning would be extensive.

#6872 Aleron, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  13. sabesque

sabesque Member

Have you heard from anyone who is familiar with what's going on in PHX?

Specifically: How are they looking at the Eric Bledsoe situation, and how do they predict it netting out?

What's the plan with their heavy-up at the PG position?

14. opticon

opticon Member

Bledsoe and Monroe are the last dominoes.

The speculation is not going to stop till the dust settles with them.

15. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Les Alexander wanted Lin. This was coming off of the Linsanity year in NY. Main reason why Morey wasn't hell-bent on keeping Dragic.

16. s.b713

s.b713 Member

SOOON ? maybe over dinner tonight?

[​IMG]

17. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Morey trolling us now. ****

18. cyberx

cyberx Member

To be honest - if healthy, I see the Hornets being a possibly playoff team.

Gordon, Jrue, Anderson (if he is back and healthy), Davis is solid IMO.

19. Amir's Johnson

Don't forget Evans, he was putting solid numbers when starting.

20. cyberx

cyberx Member

True!

Crap - FORGOT Asik.. Playing in a contract year.

I know many people will FLAME me for this - but if healthy - I see them better than the Rox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.