1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lol nice

2. malakas

malakas Member

Jennings is done. He has horrendous work ethic. You don't trade for him. I wouldn't even waste our ung contracts for him.
    And if by a miracle he manages to come back? Oh then he will be an ufa and we can sign him next year to a cheap contract. No more than 6 per.

3. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

That's hostile?

I don't think 'hostile' means what you think it means.

4. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

LMAO..

5. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

See ya, Chase

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Minnesota is nearing agreement on a trade to send Chase Budinger to the Indiana Pacers, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/619960166843166720">July 11, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. mockster

mockster Member

Disagree, I think we improve. If we did not have corey brewer I would agree. Obviously we lost the depth in SF/SG spot but I think having Jennings makes us way better.

7. basketballholic

this interpretation is more confusing than Codman's cryptic message.

It's really pretty simple. Everybody's watching Sacramento to see the inevitable blow-up from DeMarcus and the possible big trade out. Sacramento has their PGs (Rondo/Collison), a SG (Belinelli), their SF (Rudy), and their centers (WCS/Kostas).

If DeMarcus wants out and they see they have to unload him they're going to be looking for the best possible 4 they can get for him plus other parts at SF, SG to go around Rondo.

Somebody said we don't have the assets for DeMarcus. Well, in a stressed trade environment, we probably do. DMo, a couple picks, other contracts such as Bev/Brewer..is a nice package for DeMarcus. Boston wants DeMarcus but they don't have a better 4 man than DMo to offer for him. In fact, I seriously doubt there's a better 4 man available for DeMarcus than DMo. Kanter possibly if he wants to go there. Portzingis? Harris?

Anyways, the hot spot is Sacramento. And specifically DeMarcus.

=============================================

And I'm sure we'd be all-in on DeMarcus if he became available.

Here's why.

1. He can play the 4 next to Dwight and he can back up Dwight at the 5 when Dwight sits.

2. He's leverage against Dwight's impending free agency. If Dwight opts out and we want to go a different direction, we've got a much younger, cheaper, better offensive option in the middle plus we recoup all Dwight's cap space.

3. By the same token if Dwight doesn't opt out or he makes it clear that he wants to stay....then we've got the best sign-and-trade trade chip you could think of in DeMarcus. Durant next summer???? Send them DeMarcus in a sign-and-trade and keep the train rolling. And if Dwight opts out...well,we just got a bonus and can sign Durant outright with just zero to little contract movement.

4. Worst case scenario we can then flip DeMarcus to a team for a great PG and other pieces that fit our team better than he does.

8. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Is Codman legit?

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Again, I was suggesting a possible Ariza + Dekker for Jennings and Johnson. Not just Ariza for Jennings, Johnson the 8th overall pick who is a defensive forward would be an important part of the deal.

Doesn't anybody find it funny that Cyberx didn't release the details on the draft night deal that didn't happen? People asked a million times and he ignored it. It makes me wonder if it has been an ongoing trade talk.

I know cyber ignores post when he doesn't know the answer, but i'm pretty sure he knew the details, i cant find the post.

10. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

You're right. Hostile was too strong of a word. I should have used "passive aggressive" instead. But they both convey the same idea for my post. He was just trying to contribute his idea, as several have, and obviously got the two names mixed up.

11. beardnation

beardnation Member

no chance detroit give up johnson

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

In this post we acquired boogie cousins via trade and traded him for a pg. my mind is blown.

13. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Post from 6/11, before the Karl stuff blew up.

14. sabesque

sabesque Member

I preface this by saying that I'm a Dwight fan so this is not a suggestion.

If cousins was on the block, wouldn't we consider moving dwight? especially if you don't feel great about delights knee?

15. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Ariza for a Jennings who is coming off an achilles injury would be the dumbest thing ever!!! Remember Daryl Morey is Rockets GM. He makes other teams make bad trades not vice versa.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

And get a special Commissioner's dispensation for PHX to carry 18 players.

17. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Good analysis, other than you overvalue DMo's trade value coming off back surgery. If there is a Cousins fire-sale, our starting point would have to be DMo + Ariza + assets

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Dwight has a player option next year so that makes no sense for the Kings.

Dwight will be in Houston for years to come. No way he jumps ship.

19. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

+Dwight opting out next year is the important piece of getting cap room for Kevin Durant.

20. basketballholic

at the deadline if DMo has returned and is blowing up .... I'm not overvaluing his trade value. Today...when a deal is not going to go down...you're correct. His trade value is off. But not when he returns and starts humming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.