1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I agree. Morey doesn't ever improve the roster. Ugh. Scrub GM.

2. basketballholic

He'll be fine. He's got great mitts. And he can flat out shoot the ball in addition to some decent post moves. And his length....he'll be a great backup 5 behind Timmy and I fully suspect he'll eventually become their starting center down the line.

Spurs are so locked and loaded it ain't even funny.

Meanwhile the Cavs are sitting on Tristan Thompson contracts talks. They've been fooling around with him ever since Love re-committed to them. Now they've got themselves a nice little sign-and-trade package with TT and Haywood. It's like clockwork watching these 2 franchises right now, the Spurs and the Cavs. They're sparring and countering every off season move the other makes.

Barring major injury it sure looks like a Spurs/Cavs 2016 Finals at this point. Yes, I'm discounting the Warriors right now. I'm convinced the Spurs have moved past them and I'm convinced the Cavs would've beat them if the Cavs had been healthy.

3. malakas

malakas Member

they just pulled TWO rabbits out of their hats. For vet minimums. Boban was one of the best centers they could have gotten at this point and he wanted to come over. And he is basically for free.

I love Morrey and respect him tremendously but a good gm is a good gm. And that was good gm job.

4. Nook

Nook Member

No, that isn't ideal.... DMO is an elite reserve on an elite team. He can play minutes at the 4 and 5 and can cause match up issues there. He is mediocre for a team that wants to win a title.

If the Rockets can get Beverly and DMO coming off their bench, and playing in match ups, the Rockets can be very effective.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, those guys are better than nothing and they are cheap, but that isn't the same as being good.

6. malakas

malakas Member

oh also the Spurs are rumoured to be after Shashas rights from the Cavs. Don't think they will get them though.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We'll just agree to disagree, DMo is one of the better young PF's in the NBA on both sides of the ball. There isn't anyone available that would start over him. Trevor Ariza would be an awesome backup too, but that doesn't mean he's not a starter.

8. basketballholic

Because Boban isn't terrible defensively. In fact, he may be the best defensive backup center in the NBA next season. And his defense is probably better than all but about 15 centers in the NBA now.

It's a sick backup combo because Boban is 7'4" with a standing reach around 9-9 and he's got skills and he's got sand in his britches. I'm telling you, dude can play. Their second unit running pick and pop with Mills/West with Boban down low is going to be sick.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You don't know that, he's never stepped foot on an NBA court or played against NBA competition. He looks like someone really easy to get in foul trouble.

Again, give me Smith and Capela over Marjanovic and what's left of West.

10. Nook

Nook Member

A couple points.

First, do we know that Morey didn't go after them?

Look at it this way, when it comes to guys getting close to minimum money, there is no one that can compare to the Spurs. They have possibly 4 Hall of Famer players, they have possibly the best basketball coach ever, stability in their front office and have won 5 titles.

The Rockets are attractive coming off of a WCF appearance, but the Cavs have James... so the Rockets are behind the Cavs in the pecking order too.

The Spurs have had a great summer, and deserve credit for the players they have added, but it isn't like they are the Kings getting these guys to sign.

11. SS0101

SS0101 Member

We need a running list of all of the matter of fact claims bballholic throws out there. Well, I guess that wouldn't be a good idea because it will probably just double the rate at which he posts. Every thread is so watered down with his junk. Getting unbearable already.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

R.C. blows Morey?

13. basketballholic

We never konw anything for certain. But I'm confident in what I see. Watch him play Bobby. Watch him play. Then discount his whole game. Then in your mind put him on an NBA court. This man is Yao's size Bobby. And he's got skills. He's got both offensive skills and defensive skills.

I'm not talking about smith and Capela over him and West. We don't even know if Smith is coming back right now. I'm talking about their team. It's about the team. We had one of the best backup big men combos in the league last season once Smith got it rolling out there. No doubt about that. But we're talking next season now. Even if Smith comes back....sure we'll be good in the defensive paint. After all we've got Dwight starting and we'd have Smith coming off the bench.

But if we had signed this cat for the minimum instead of the Spurs signing him, we'd have added depth...and an even better backup combo if we kept Smith and be able to run Boban, Capela, and Smith out there in differing combinations....and the Spurs would've been looking for another backup big that most likely wouldn't have been as skilled or as big as Boban is.

He's a good player Bobby. And he's huge. And he's ultra-long. He's going to make the Spurs a lot better off the bench.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

most of it nonsense, especially the ones that that start with "the best...."

15. Nook

Nook Member

BBALLOHIC can be over the top and something exaggerates.... but he is actually pretty good when it comes to his evaluation of players, especially those that are in Europe or on the margins of professional basketball.

He gets himself into trouble when he comes to a conclusion (usually a logical conclusion) and assumes that is the way it will turn out, when there are many factors that he (not I) are privy to.

If you can get past his faults, he knows what he is talking about most of the time.... and although I have given him grief in the past, he and I agree most of the time on issues of team building, player evaluations, etc.

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

If you don't like what he posts put him on your ignore list. It's not a hard concept. There are some people who appreciate his basketball knowledge.

17. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

So Morey's terrible but don't hate on Dorsey. Got it. You're an idiot.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I have seen him play, and yes he's really big, but he's a stiff with a slow shot. Sure he'll block some shots due to sheer size, but he's so slow I think players will get him in foul trouble or blow right by him.

I'd probably be a lot higher on him if he was about 5 years younger, at 28, he is what he is and I think it'll take him at least a few years to acclimate to the NBA. He could be a replacement level player, but I think he's probably less than that this season.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's fine, that's your choice.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Don't even bother...... he has an infestation of pork tapeworms in his brain...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.