1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You're arguing with a drunk. This guy and PeterX are littering the GARM with their emo depressive anti-Morey rants.

1 person likes this.
  2. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

I've been waiting for a year and Morey still hasn't delivered.

You can get McCallum for basically NOTHING! Give me a reason why we shouldn't go after him?

Beverley is vastly overrated and overpaid. His playmaking ability is awful and his defense is above average at best. I would rather have Jeremy Lin at 2M/yr.

3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Morey, just keep Josh Smith please.

Our PF combo of Dmo and TJ don't know defense at all.

4. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

According to MistaK, Josh is not the piece that could take us over the hump. We should all just wait and do nothing until one day Blake Griffin comes over.

5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

So we should praise Morey everyday like praise God?

6. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

You mean Blake 'choke' Griffin ? :rolleyes:

7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Josh Smith is our 3rd best player last season.
    If he will want MLE, just give him without any doubt.
    He is absolutely the cheapest great PF this year.

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

1. wcf
    2. Waste of roster spot
    3. Go away LOF

9. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

seriously forgot all about him. wouldn't mind calderon on this team. what's his contract situation like and what would it take to get him? seems like a morey move too.

10. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

1. Could have gone to the Finals if Morey hadn't ****ed up.
    2. Roster size limit during the offseason is 20.
    3. You cowards just don't have enough courage to accept the truth.

11. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

Terrible contract and he plays no defense. DO NOT WANT.

12. MistaK

MistaK Member

Where did I ever say I didn't want Josh back?? I was merely addressing the guard issue you guys were discussing and some of y'all freaking out, because Morey has yet to sign a guard/playmaker.

The Rockets have made Josh an offer - they probably think they can get him at that price. Is it a gamble? sure! Is it worth gambling on - yeah I think so, why tie up more cap space than you need to.

If he comes back, I'll be more than happy. I've always been a fan of Josh Smith and think, despite his boneheaded play sometimes, he brings a lot of good things to the table.

See the thing is, Morey has improved this roster every year - I have no reason to NOT trust him when it comes to building a contender.

Just think about last offseason and how most people thought we would be at the bottom half of the playoff bracket or maybe even miss the playoffs entirely (given our roster and all the departures during the offseason). Then BOOM, we have to deal with injury after injury and STILL this team has the 3rd best record in the entire league (not only playing in the WEST but also playing in the toughest division in basketball). STILL missing two starters they make it to the WCF.

13. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

He was very lucky that Josh was available. Most of his FA signings and trades did not help the team.

Have said it many times and will say it again: We could have had both Even Turner and Isaiah Thomas last year, ended up with Papa and Prigioni. Last year was supposed to be our year but Morey blew it.

14. MistaK

MistaK Member

2012: Harden - YEAH that trade still pisses me off, no impract on this franchise whatsoever

2013: Howard - only barely improved the team

2014 - off-/inseason: Terry, Brewer, Smith - one guy scrubbier than the next

ok I give up...you are right, Morley sucks at improving the roster.

15. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Calm down man, McCollum is not the answer. The guy is almost a rookie he's not gonna see much time had we acquired him. We need a real PG not role players.

16. rockets13champs

now since the moritorium is over morey will make some trades

17. mightybosstone

What move could Morey have made in the last year that would have made this team substantially better? This isn't NBA 2K. Other teams want to keep their good players. The only thing Morey could have maybe done to make the team better last season would be to have not let Parsons go to RFA AND sign Ariza. But if they had kept Parsons, Ariza would not be a Rocket, so that's a moot point.

Because he's terrible? In two seasons, he's posted a 47.4 TS%, an 11.4 PER, a .036 WS/48 and a -2.6 BPM. By all accounts that's a bad basketball player.

The Rockets tried that remember? Lin was benched in favor of Beverley because the starting five clearly played better with Beverley on the floor than Lin. This isn't an opinion. That's a fact. Trying that plan again would have been insane.

You fail to acknowledge how good that Warriors team was last season. That squad wasn't just great, they were historically great. They just came off arguably one of the 10 greatest seasons in NBA history and possibly the best season since the Shaq/Kobe Lakers peaked and you're angry the Rockets couldn't beat them with two starters missing the entire series. Please explain that logic to me. The fact that the Rockets made a series out of it at all is a testament to the depth and the rotation Morey put together.

Where's your justification for this? List every free agent signing, trade or draft pick that did not help the team and I will gladly counter with every acquisition he's made over the years that has helped the roster.

Ewww. Evan Turner is not a good basketball player. I'd much, much rather have Brewer than Turner. Thomas I would have liked, but I don't think Thomas would have made this team substantially better, we don't know if Thomas would have wanted to come to Houston and the Rockets probably didn't have the cap room or the assets at the time to make that work.

18. Play07

Play07 Member

Can't believe we been needing a pg forever, he'll harden himself even asked in publically., and we have 2 solid vet wings locked up, drafted another wing, have like 4 pfs & we're sitting talking about freaking KJ.

We're all big rocket fans been refreshing this thread since deadline hoping for a pg, clutch has talked about time & time in podcast, harden proved the need it with his record in TOs in playoff historys, also averaged the most in NBA playoffs (check game time leaders). Everyone in media had a pg on our board. Hell even a 10yr old can tell we need one

And people still give morey a pass and make a make a ton of excuses. Even if a PG comes today I say he's been sleep & wasted time. Stop with the excuses people wake up.

19. chrisrodgez

chrisrodgez New Member

It's amazing how many rocket fans have these knee jerk reactions. I'm sure having another play maker /ball handler is on Morey' list of things to do but at the right cost. Long term growth has always been the direction of this GM. Short term thinking is reacting with no strategy.

20. mightybosstone

If the season started tomorrow I'd agree with you, but it doesn't. It can be tough to be patient when you watch team after team add point guards that Morey probably could have gotten. But the man isn't just sitting around twiddling his thumbs. And the bottom line is Morey will not go into the season with just Beverley and Prigioni as the team's only point guards. If he does, THEN we can start to complain about his failures as a GM. But we're a long way away from that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.