1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The higher cap figure and KD's impedending free agency means that OKC is not worth tangling with for Winter.

#48901 BMoney, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  2. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Apparently Cuban is going full-on Superbad and driving around everywhere in Houston texting DeAndre's family asking for his address

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

What kind of asset is KJ? Seriously?

Let's say Cuban poison pills him, so now he is $12m per season.
    The kid needs to show a fair amount of improvement over the next year or so to warrant that kind of pay day doesn't he?

If he doesn't find a 3 point shot, then maybe he become Corey Brewer - but becoming Corey Brewer is harder than it sounds. What if he poison pills KJ, and he doesn't pan out. Complete waste of space, and on the books for 4 years. Oh dear.
    Surely if Cubes is gonna tank, then he won't want to take the chance on an inflexible contract?

4. macho87

macho87 Member

That was like 6 hrs ago.

5. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

To the man known as CyberX,
    If Christian Wood plays well in the summer league (I think his potential is so high), which one of our young guys is the odd man out ?

Dekker, Johnson, KJ, Capella, Harrell, Wood,

6. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Yes, but he's still doing it.

7. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Scola to Toronto... Ray McCallum to the Spurs for a low second rounder.. not that I wanted either of those guys super badly (although I kind of was hoping for a Scola return), I'm getting pretty antsy for some moves.

8. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Call me crazy but I would try to sign JR Smith ...

[​IMG]

9. jch1911

jch1911 Member

What about this dumpster fire of franchise player management made you think that? (Cuz I actually thought it myself, but c'est la vie)

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder if there is a "Jason Terry deal" to be had this year, where HOU eats a salary for some assets from a team wanting to dump a useful but overpaid and/or disgruntled vet. Maybe Jose Calderon?

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Harden, Ariza and Brewer are basically going to be a 3 man rotation, there's not any room for another wing (who isn't going to be 3rd string). Plus we have Dekker and Papa who will be 3rd stringers already.

All we need, is a point. The wings are covered with Harden, Ariza and Brewer, the PF position is covered with Motie, Jones and Harrell, the C position is covered with Howard, Capela and Dorsey. On top of that, we still have Terry, Smith, KJ in free agency who could possibly be returning.

I don't know what Morey is doing or waiting for, but all this team needs is a solid starting PG to be well balanced.

12. dlite316

dlite316 Member

please mr cuban offer kanter max...

13. cbk41

cbk41 Member

I'll trust DMO to guard a good post scorer. I'll also trust Howard.

I would love for the Rockets to feast on Kanters lanck of defense in the upcoming season

14. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

Chalmers and Birdman

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

Wasting their cap space on Kanter & McDaniels? Cuban needs do the right thing by Dirk and give him a chance to play on a contending team in his last season in the NBA. Only way to achieve that is by trading Dirk to a contending team.

16. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

Damn, Ray McCallum got traded for garbage and meanwhile Morey once again was sleeping at home.

17. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

Kanter, Dirk, and Parsons defensive front court would leave the rest of the NBA salivating...

18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Damn Scola agreed to sign with Raptors.

Morey was disappointed so far... UGH...

19. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Mavericks will aggressively pursuit Josh Smith after losing DJ.

20. MistaK

MistaK Member

Seriously, freaking out because Ray McCallum was signed??? Just chill, there is plenty of time to tweak the roster. Most of Morey's bigger offseason trades have come between August/September.

Maybe Morey doesn't wan't to sign just any guard and is waiting for what he considers to be the ONE piece that could take this team over the hump.

Yes, Harden wanted help at guard, but you will now at least have Beverly to start the season (and hopefully healthy for the entirety of the season). When Harden made those comments after the loss in the WCF he did NOT have Beverly by his side. Now with a healthy Beverly back in the fold, the Rockets have time to find the right deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.