1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

lets not sit here and act like the rockets are so much better than the clips as if it wasn't a historical fight back in the playoff series. the clips will be right up there with DJ back and yes the rockets should still be worried about them. very much actually.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

adding pierce at SF instead of barnes and stephenson off the bench makes them better.

3. edward nigma

edward nigma Member

If we get a legit PG, noone in the WEST worries me. #seriously

4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Players I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on at this stage of Free Agency:

Josh Smith
    Baron Davis
    Andrea Bargnani
    Enes Kanter (Restricted :( )
    Jason Terry
    Hakeem Olajuwon
    Calvin Murphy
    Tracy McGrady
    Clyde... nah
    Von Wafer

5. tomato

tomato Member

Was this necessary? I'm already embarrassed enough.

[​IMG]

EDIT: Oh, looks like they changed it back. Thanks Clutch crew.

6. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Wait so what happened? did dude Tomato posted a pic of his dong on the board by accident?

7. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I have a free agency question. Let's say the NBA changes to remove the moratorium. Players can sign July 1st. Will that affect teams ability to do SnTs? Like let's say Tyson Chandler signed immediately with the Suns. Would that remove a SnT opportunity for the Mavs? Thanks.

Please someone answer this for me.

8. NotChandlerParsons

It wouldn't remove them, it might make them less likely.

1 person likes this.
  9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Lol saleem

Yep. Freakin 90 degree angle, I swear. I've heard of curved before but damn. Hilarious.

10. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  11. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Dude, Iguodala is a better 2-way player than Kawhi. The numbers back it up. Go look them up.

12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

This is so great.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

The eyerolls and condescending attitude are always a reaction to fans who go HAM on the littlest things, like your bolded statement. Yup the lack of pg help has been so crippling the Rox only finished the 2nd best team in the freakin' Western Conference. No team is perfect, every team has their own strengths and weaknesses. If the turnovers were so damn crippling and so detrimental to the team how come the Rox ended up better than all but 1 team in the WCF? And this is just a minor example of this, what about posts like below during the year the Rox advanced to the WCF?

You're right, I can't fault posters who just want to the roster to be better. However when I see people posting with no perspective or logical basis am I supposed to be happy and agree with them? The quoted poster here essentially wanted Morey fired because he couldn't sign Mo Williams, is that something that sounds reasonable to you? Not only that people like these say the most obvious things but act like nobody else has ever thought of it. You're right the Rox need to address the turnovers, but is getting a minimum pg really the answer to the turnovers?

The Rockets have no capspace, guys like Mo Williams or Napier or whoever won't turn the needle much in terms of limiting the turnovers for the entire freaking team...otherwise they wouldn't be available for the capspace scraps we have left after we retain our FAs. And yet you have posters here acting like the team would suck the next year if they couldn't get a backup pg. Mo Williams isn't even a freaking ball handler for crying out loud, he's like a poor man's Bev all he did on the Cavs when he became an all star was defend and shoot 3's and yet somehow this dude would be the answer to all of the ballhandling woes of the team.

I'm not even sure if playmaking is a problem, all of the turnovers and bad D and lack of playmaking reached critical mass when DMo and Bev both went down. For all we know the issues everyone seems to be complaining about are already fixed just with these two returning to the lineup.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

LMAO!! :grin:

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The NBA salary cap has risen to $70M for the 2015-'16 season, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/618935659781230592">July 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The NBA's team tax level will be $84.7M, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/618935960458268672">July 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">New numbers for 15-16: MLE: $5.464M; Taxpayer MLE: $3.376M; Room MLE: $2.814M; avg. salary: $5.739M; Biannual: $2.139M.</p>&mdash; David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) <a href="https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/618938946047901697">July 9, 2015</a></blockquote>

#48715 J.R., Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  16. rockets13champs

The new cap what does it means for terry smith kj and some potential signings?

17. Play07

Play07 Member

Page bima

18. thiefery

thiefery Member

This means we have an extra 5 million to give out,right?

19. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

I believe the projected cap was $67 million, so that gives each team an extra $3 million. Rockets would still be over the cap, so nothing changes. only have the full MLE and vet minimum contracts to give, or they can match a deal that KJ signs since he is a RFA

1 person likes this.
  20. rockets13champs

Mavs will totally steal kj if deandre leaves

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.