1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

our main addition this season is health, we haven't had luck with our health for a few seasons now

2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

ever think he tried but couldn't get the guy he wanted ? you can't get every target you go after

3. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

Can't agree more. Signing a legit PG should be our top priority now. I just don't understand why we are keeping that MLE for KJ.

4. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

anyone who is upset we didn't sign Rondo must not watch basketball.

He almost single handedly wrecked the Mavs from within last year.

Dude is way past being a decent player and I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Rockets.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm not satisfied with it. And of course it would be great to have more help. But I'm not too critical of this front office right now. They struck out last offseason...and still managed to put together a fantastic season.

Regardless, it's still very early to be critical of this offseason.

6. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

anyone who is upset we didn't sign Rondo must not watch basketball.

He almost single handedly wrecked the Mavs from within last year.

Dude is way past being a decent player and I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Rockets.

7. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

Exactly. Pulling off a trade is much more difficult than signing a free agent. Last year he has all the trade chips and still failed. Then why are we standing pat now when we can spend that MLE on a PG? What if we can't pull off a deal??

8. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Someone created a thread for you Chicken Little.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=267505

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Which PG would you like to sign for the MLE that can give us more production than bringing Josh Smith and KJ back?

10. CertifiedTroll

Rocketsmanhk, who is better at poker:
    A) a r****ded goat that is dealt a royal flush
    B) the worlds greatest poker player not dealt a royal flush

1 person likes this.
  11. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

The FA would have to agree on a deal. Should he just offer a bloated contract to make sure the FA agrees on the deal? Sounds legit.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Not as a starter. But it's not unthinkable that we could land a decent backup PG with the 18th pick, even as a rookie. The first time the Rockets won a title, that's exactly what happened, and that was with an even lower pick.

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

How many Sam Cassell's have there been since he was drafted?

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Playmaker? GG is good for a highlight a night, but not the type of player this team is targeting IMO.

15. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

I get why you're losing patience but keep in mind this jones lasted to the end of the first round so he clearly wasn't worth the 18th pick. If dekker pans out he might be another wing playmaker we need.

Also morey didn't value lull as much as he valued the ability to to keep kj. He didn't offer him the full mle based on recent reports, which is probably a large reason why Llull didn't come over. Presumably that's because he needed to keep Some money left to match kj.

The issue is morey hasn't found the right value at point guard. I know it's frustrating but what if Denver is asking a kings ransom for Lawson, or Sacramento is asking for overpay for collision, etc? You can't just trade for a pg target without understanding that everything he is asking a kings ransom from the rockets. NY got TWO second rounders for Prigs! Imagine what they're asking for Lawson. I think we'll get one. Morey is actively looking and I'm sure is talking to his superstar to explain the situation. This is a very good FO. James knows that.

As an aside. Reports are that Miami would unload mari chambers for free to save lux tax. He was on the Championship Miami teams. What do people think of a trade of him for a minor asset (or maybe a minor asset back)? I seem to remember that he's a dec not defender. Not our attacking pg we need better t maybe we get that elsewhere.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

JET is ok in a pinch, not a rotation. He's back or he's up 45. Neither team will be a big winner from the outcome.

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Do you have any new tunes for your rotation? You're right, you win. Now, just chill out...somewhere far far away.

18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Ok...

19. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

The credit should be given to our players and coaching staff, not Morey. Our bench was super thin at the beginning of the season because of all the terrible FA signings of Morey, but still managed to stay in the top 4. And had to rely on the grandpas in the playoffs because of the incompetence of Morey but made it to the WCF. The players and coaches has done a heck of a job.

20. marky :)

marky :) Member

You sound like my EX. Downplay the good and highlight the bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.