1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I don't know why I forgot Brew. Thanks!

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If he's not in a hurry then why are you/we?

3. raining threes

Wonder what it would take to get CJ McCollum from Portland? Would Jones be enough? They need PF/SF's in the worst way. K-Pap?

4. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Not many teams if any are in need of a starting PG. So Denver might only have Houston to deal with so the more it drags out the more leverage and the less Morey will have to give up in assets for him imo. He's gonna be patient and not give up too much for whoever he gets.

5. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

A lot. I wouldn't be surprised if the started him next to Lillard..

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

They are rebuilding.

McCollum is a great rebuilding piece.

No reason for them to trade him.

7. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

This was the same **** I heard on July 7th 2014. After a year we are still stuck with Bev and Prig. When will you all Morey fanboys wake up?????

1 person likes this.
  8. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

They are holding onto that MLE to match offers for KJ because they only have his non-bird right.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm certainly not a Morey fan boy...but I would like to point out that the 2014 offseason ultimately led to a team that advanced to the Western Conference Finals. Not shabby.

1 person likes this.
  10. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

If it is that easy, why are we still stuck with Bev and Prig? Last year, we have 2 expiring contracts, a potential lottery pick and some young talent, and Morey still failed to deliver. So put aside that blind optimism, because you are setting yourself up for a huge disappointment.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Not shabby at all. But we needed a PG a year ago and Morey never got one. He prioritized Melo and Bosh over Lowry even though we had Parsons(at the time), D-Mo, and T-Jones and no playmaker in the backcourt besides Harden. He obsessed over Dragic all last season until suddenly the dude out of nowhere announced publicly he wouldn't resign here. In the meantime, we missed out on a half dozen other PGs who were moved at the trade deadline.

Now this offseason he's already turned down an opportunity to draft a PG with the 18th pick when there were some decent ones still available. Instead, he took another SF/PF when we're loaded at those positions. Perhaps that's because he expected Llull to sign here, but after the Dragic episode, one would hope Morey would've learned not to put all his eggs in one basket.

There's still plenty of time for Morey to make a move. But what frustrates me is that it seems like he never makes the PG position his top priority. It's always something he plans to get to eventually and never does(or his plan falls through). And there's added pressure now that his franchise player has made it clear he wants help in the backcourt.

12. Red Glares

Red Glares Member

If J Smoove comes back that's another piece back. Remember why we won before and last year to WCF without 2 Starters. CHEMISTRY. Add depth and a PG and lets roll!!

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Foregone conclusion that Terry is gone? Rumors to Dallas? What a hood hopper.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

What the hell is wrong with you? So damned angry.

No patience. No critical thinking. You believe being critical is "critical thinking", but it's not.

I do admit Morey has been more fascinated with getting the star power forward than the star point guard, but, last year, once he whiffed on Lowry, he didn't have many options. Not without giving away the farm for players who wouldn't have succeeded (Rondo) or stayed (Dragic) here.

July 7. Can't even start signing people for two days.

Take it easy, you'll have an aneurysm. Or you'll give one to the rest of us.

15. malakas

malakas Member

I expect to see something on smith today. One way or another. Also Broussard is a hack and I don't believe anything he makes up.

16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

are we last ? do you expect us to finish first every year ?

you obviously think it is easy to sign players up

17. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Mavs Reach Out to Jason Terry

Interesting. I think the Rockets value him and would love to keep him, but a PG rotation of Bev/Terry is not good enough. But will Jet accept being a 4th or 5th guard off the bench over being a potential rotation player in Dallas?

18. tmac1ming11

tmac1ming11 Member

I agree. Bring back the same squad and sign a PG like aaron brooks and this team will be able to compete with anybody.

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

can i just point out that any point guard drafted at 18 probably wouldn't be ready to contribute like we would like him to for 2-3 seasons....................would people really want to wait that long

20. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

It still amazed me how everyone is satified with a WCF appearance and completely ignoring the fact that we could have gone to the finals if Harden had had more help!! His FA signings(Ish Smith, Adrien, Dorsey, Papa) were complete failures. Had all the tools and chances to improve our PG position at trade deadline but we ended up with Prigioni. The Brew trade was the only good trade he made during the season. And he was extremely lucky that Detroit cut Josh because our bench would have been super thin without Josh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.