1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Yeah I remember reading that somewhere too. I think they've gone down that road and they could again, but they're pretty thin at pf so hoping something gives soon

2. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

So you need guys with high assist/to ratio Looks like Lawson(3.89) would be excellent. Collison(2.25) is about the same as Beverley(2.31). Bledsoe(1.80) is worse than Lin(2.04).

Obviously we want a guy who is also a good 3P/catch n' shooter & can create his own shot. It's not easy to find a guard that can do all three well. Sometimes you have to accept the bad with the good.

3. malakas

malakas Member

Just so you know the Bulls are in the same situation as the Rockets and have NO backup pg. They have the mini mle and they will spend it on one of those names pretty soon.
    Also Philly wants to keep Ish smith. Don't know if he wants to stay though.

4. BeardlyBeardman

Yeah, hard to see someone locking him up on a 3 year deal where a S&T would be possible. He's going to get 1 year deal offers with ours being the cheapest most likely.

5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

This thread officially sucks now.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We dont even have a starting pg. Just a short player that fits the physical description and thats it

7. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">New Kings PG Rajon Rondo asked for a shooter,which led to Marco Bellinelli deal, source said.Expect Rondo &amp; Darren Collison to play together</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/617111118394327040">July 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I read that, then this popped up...lolz

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/aaronbruski">@aaronbruski</a> lol u right about that</p>&mdash; Isaiah Thomas (@Isaiah_Thomas) <a href="https://twitter.com/Isaiah_Thomas/status/617118961327419392">July 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

OK, yeah, I can see that happening. The vet minimum would work in your scenario.

But I'm with you; Morey will wait his turn and maybe pull off a PG trade of significance in a few months (during training camp/preseason).

Otherwise, it's next summer.

9. malakas

malakas Member

NOPE. That won't happen and it's not even up for debate. Not when Harden has made his wishes known PUBLICLY.

10. malakas

malakas Member

well the Bulls have a broken down Rose who prefers to go to meetings than play bball and a 39 y.o Hinrich. So they are not that much better off.

11. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

So then Morey is just going to force other players and FOs into trades they're not interested in making?

Or do you mean we're going to sell the farm -- a la Sactown by giving away Ariza, DMo, Capela -- to 'give them an offer they can't refuse'.

Morey doesn't strike me as the desperate type who's OK with losing trades.

But maybe you're right, and the heat from Harden is too much to overcome.

12. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Did I miss something? When did the rockets use the MLE to sign KJ?

Im only keeping you off the ignore list because your entertaining. I love seeing people panic and you fit the bill.

13. malakas

malakas Member

no need to force. A pg upgrade is very easy to make in FAIR TRADE with our assets. We can even get Lawson with our assets any time, just we don't want to give them up for him. (the assets it would require, and no it doesn't include Ariza necessarily). But a pg upgrade doesn't mean to someone the caliber of Lawson either. There are other pgs who would be upgrades and who aren't so good as Lawson. (or bad in defence).

Do you think the trade opportunities that Morrey has, is the ones we stupid fans can see here? Only lowry, lawson, bledsoe? lol

14. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Guys it's July 7th. No one can even sign yet. Chill.

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

So let me get this straight? Rondo signs with Sactown, demands a shooter, and the Kings immediately sign Bellinelli. Harden has been with the Rockets 3 years, demands a PG, and the front office has yet to deliver?

16. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Yup. Its the difference between a weak-ass FO and one that understands it can't rush into the nearest deal just because it's now July 7th.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Hey, I don't mind them waiting. But what happens if Morey doesn't deliver and Harden is stuck playing with Bev and Terry at the PG spot for another season?

18. malakas

malakas Member

he will deliver. It's not hard to find an upgrade over Bev(no pg skills) and Terry.
    Everyone has a price in this league and it's not like Harden asked for AD. He asked for a pg. Not the moon and stars. Relax.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

So let me get this straight: Sacramento has a crap team and an incompetent front office that hasn't put together a playoff team since 2006 and goes out and gets a Rajon Rondo and a Marco Bellinelli. Meanwhile, Harden's put the Rockets into the playoffs every year he's been in Houston and Morey wants to find a right fit at PG rather than making a move just for the sake of making a move?

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Then I guess Harden and the Rockets will just make the playoffs again. Or maybe even get to the WCF with the same group of players?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.