1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Did that average fan realize that one team was at full strength while the other was missing two starters or did that get past him/her?

2. mercy road

mercy road Member

You do realize that DMo averaged over 40% from downtown the last three months of last season don't you?

There realistically is not a playoff coach in the NBA that calls plays anymore. R&R, run in games what you practice, and absolutely no slowdown on offense. Except of course out of dead ball situations. But dead ball offense is much much inferior to just letting the team play on.

3. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Could you imagine if these fans took over personnel decisions for the Rockets?!

We would have Lawson, Love, Lebron, Harden, Howard, Smith and Aldridge all on the same team. Just add your favorite player.

FIRE MORAY NOW!!!!

4. baubo

baubo Member

I wonder if those freaking out right now were all ready to quit on the Rockets when Asik and Lin left the team last year, piled on Morey for his talk of flexibility, then conveniently forgot how they were wrong, and that Morey did turn that flexibility into key parts of a WCF team.

5. malakas

malakas Member

keep telling yourself that. Clear YOU know better than coaches, analytics and GMS and players.
    Average fan FTW.

6. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

How do you know he would? It's a game of odds with any draft pick isn't it? How likely do you think it'd be for a PG at 18th pick to contribute to a championship contender? Weren't we all amazed that Capela did so......yes it can happen but it's rare. The odds aren't in favor given the history of the draft. The safer and smarter bet was BPA.....

First one of those two guys was our PG. Second are you suggesting that DM should have renounced Brewer to create more cap space for another PG? Because that still wouldn't have been enough to create meaningful cap space.....they'd have to renounce all their FA's including Bev who is.......yes a PG.

Still even if you did renounce everyone, who would you go get at $8m per year that's worth letting all those player walk?

7. HRox832

HRox832 Member

If we go into this season with the same roster right now, there's no way we're going to make the WCF with teams like Spurs, Warriors, and Thunder.

8. #1ROXFAN

#1ROXFAN Member

Morey needs to do something because the west is tough. Needs to stop sitting on his ass and do something.

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Lebron hasn't agrees to go back to CLE yet.. Murrays got this!

10. Play07

Play07 Member

Exactly nobody runs plays in playoffs just p&r & pick & pop. If dmo turns into a solid pick and pop pf in playoffs I will gladly eat crow it don't see it happening.

L

11. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

WOW these posts are getting more and more pathetic.

12. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

No play makers outside of Harden and Dwight sucks at free throws will be the down fall again this year. Our standard offense is not good enough to overcome these problems.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There's been some talk of Carlos Delfino: Interested teams will gauge his health/game at Pan-Am Games starting later this week in Canada.</p>&mdash; Jeff Zillgitt (@JeffZillgitt) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffZillgitt/status/618221123122106368">July 7, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Will you?

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The average fan knows we played them 9 times and only won once... injuries is another reason not to settle for mediocrity at the point guard position.

15. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

if he is healty, off course
    keep Prigioni, bring Scola

the Argentina Rockets

16. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Still waiting for you to tell me what you'd do different with the cap space that'd be so much better than what Morey did since you seem to think he completely botched it.

17. Airdough

Airdough Member

We're in range gentleman, just a few more hot takes and this thread might officially die.

1 person likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And how many of those times were the Rockets healthy and how many of those times were the Warriors healthy?

19. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Eagerly awaiting this as well.

20. alethios

alethios Member

Man, I was happy until I read the last few pages of this thread. Now, I want to haul ass to the nearest wrist-slashing station. Where did I leave my crying towel?

I wish Morey hadn't made such a crappy team that with another year together might be able to gel more and act like a cohesive unit.

I can't stand only having 56 wins and 2nd place in the WC. I want all wins and 1st place without any work to get there.

Get off your lazy, fat ass, Morey and get us some LeBron and Durant and do it yesterday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.