1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Stephenson--- would much rather have him than ariza, especially during small ball lineups with parsons at the 4---- not sure why we apparently have zero interest? Makes me think there's a bigger picture plan going after Ariza ... Later trade or some ?

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Rondo is definitely on Morey's radar. Love is out of the Boston picture and we can offer a decent amount of stuff for a guy who has one foot out of the door.

3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I'm not a proponent for signing Ariza, but I don't see him and Parsons as redundant. They both play SF, but are versatile enough to play other positions (Parsons PF in small ball line-up and Ariza at SG in big line-up). His shooting and defense would be an immediate upgrade as a 6th man and provide some relief to the minutes that Harden and Parsons have been playing.

1 person likes this.
  4. BHannes2BHonest

True. With that said ariza is a vet, does Boston want young players and pics etc? And what does minny want? Vets and players that could win now.... With that said parsons in December would be the bait for rondo and arias would be the replacement ... Hmmm

5. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Wish we had our GM who acquired Kenny, Otis Thorpe, Mario Elie, Cassell and let's not forget the crazy, so key to our championship in 93-94 and our toughness: Vernon Maxwell. Morey is all about calculation, so a guy like Stephenson does not have a chance..

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

What's the hold up re: the Asik trade?

7. BHannes2BHonest

Fixed

8. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

This GM got us Carl Landry, Aaron brooks, Ron artest, Bobby Jackson, Luis Scola, Kyle Lowry, Goran Dragic..Parsons... all who could have easily been/are championship pieces, so getting Small pieces shluld be the last of our worries. All these players are tough players, hell even Lin is a tough player.

So I still trust in Morey.

9. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Difference between signing sure guys and a guy who tends to be a little crazy. Sure he got Artest, but that came at a fair price and not suprisingly, the guy was gone after a year!

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

You still don't understand Morey, it's about collecting assets and creating maximum cap flexibility/trade opportunities. Redundancy is term for people without vision.

And I am not a fan of Ariza, prefer Stephenson, but Rockets need to sign SOMEONE before they match Parsons.

11. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Hopefully Morey has put the telescope away and is done star gazing

12. King901

King901 Member

Im aware we need to sign someone before we match parsons or we wont be able to sign anyone if we matched prior to signing. Ariza isn't the answer. You and the people who agree with you have yet to answer what a lineup of parsons and ariza either or at SF and PF would do vs big lineups. Idc about small ball, what will they do to help out vs big lineups, which was a problem last year.

13. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

The only way I like Ariza back is if we match Parsons and he's the first guy off the bench for either Harden or Parsons. We need to be watching Harden's minutes this year, plus have someone that can come off the bench and actually score for us this time.

Howard/Capela

Can Capela give us some good defensive/rebounding minutes off the bench? Sure as hell beats Jordan Hill at $9 per year!

(Love, Millsap, Ilyasova, Boozer)/Jones

I love TJones, but I think he should come off the bench for us until his shot/defense improves. We need a trade to get our PnP starter.

Parsons/(Ariza)/Covington

Harden/(Ariza)/Daniels

Good there, as discussed.

(Rondo, Bledsoe, Dragic)/Beverly/Caanan

Who doesn't love Bev, but like TJones, I think he is better served coming off the bench for this team. A trade (or SnT) for any of these guys would be a big win.

14. delishman

delishman Member

Give me Mitoric. Makes no sense for Bullies now. Take on Boozer's contract.

15. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Michael Jordan understands toughness which is why he is pursuing Lance. Wish we would've him as an owner!

16. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Because he was a crazy. Dude hopped onto the team bus late and in his undies during the playoffs. You've got some perverse nostalgia going on. CD also gave contracts to guys like Moochie Norris because Steve Francis. :rolleyes:

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

lol :eek:

18. edo77

edo77 Contributing Member

Yes because Hayward is so tough.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Still don't understand what the Bulls are going to do with

Gibson/Boozer/Mirotic
    Noah/Gasol

All in the front court, there is only enough playing time for 3 players, meaning at least 1 has to go.

Maybe they just amnesty Boozer.

Rose/Augustin
    Butler/Snell
    Dunleavy/McDermott
    Gibson/Mirotic
    Noah/Gasol

Good team, and without Anthony coming there's no way they give up Dunleavy.

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i was gonna say ...i think they just Amnesty Boozer. They've been trying to trade him for a while to no avail. It just seems like the easiest thing for them to do. Gibson, Gasol, Noah front court is easily one of the best in the league. No one is getting to the rim against Chicago this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.