1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Henson hasn't got much offence at all, Gibson has a jumper

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I think your mistaken and I'm not trying to start anything because all though I would love to acquire Henson I doubt we do. But Henson has got a very nice offensive game.

3. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Lol @ the possible Monta Ellis for Hibbert swap being reported right now. The west is becoming weak this off season.

4. basketballholic

I'm a fan of trading for a young PG on a rookie contract.

I'm sure I'm not Ennis' biggest fan. I'm just convinced he's a starting quality point guard along the lines of George Hill with better vision and probably a little less defense than Hill brings....but close. He's shown plenty both at Syracuse and in the d-league last year. He's a bright kid. And he can shoot and finish as well as dish and he can defend. He's an all-around player. And he's on a rookie deal.

That's the big combo that I see in him. He's an all around player with starters potential and he's on a rookie deal so his salary doesn't impinge on our free agent plans next summer. With a good PG on a rookie deal in tow, we could conceivably keep Trevor and also keep DMo on his cap hold while we sign a max free agent (Durant) and then bring back DMo. So, I've looked at young point guards on rookie deals extensively and Ennis makes the cut as far as I'm concerned.

He was in a terrible situation in PHX trying to get minutes behind Goran/Bledsoe and then they traded him to a team pushing for a playoff spot. Milwaukee had to play MCW because he's the guy with all the experience.

But experience isn't so important for us right now with Harden/Dwight/Trevor/DMo running out there every night. We can afford to plug in a guy like Ennis at the 1-spot and let him develop playing off the ball, shooting wide-open 3-balls and then checking out the rest of his playmaking skills when we sit Harden down.

And there is no way on God's green earth Ennis can be worse than Terry/Pablo defensively even right now without any experience.

But you do contradict yourself in this post. That being that you clearly would rush to approve a trade for a first round draft pick for Ennis and then you state no way he gets dealt because they don't know what he is yet.

5. malakas

malakas Member

He has hooks. He is prohibited from posting. (Kidd) they want to turn him into chandler.

6. basketballholic

1. He doesn't have Chandler's explosion.

2. He doesn't have Chandler's physical aggression and mentality.

Henson is Tayshaun Prince at the C/PF position. He's got good defensive skills. But you're not going to be able to turn him into somebody else. He'll always be relatively thin and a finesse type player.

7. malakas

malakas Member

They did give him a chance. He couldnt bring the ball up the court without getting stolen mkst of the time. He needs to work a LOT on handles and shooting. Hes weak and nkt so athletic. He is though very calm for a rookie i give him that. Not exceptional vision.

I dont contradict because besides you noone woukd give a first for ennis. Probably could fetch a second. With such return makes more sense to keep him and try to develop him.

But hope you are right and he can stick in the nba. He needs to work extremely hard.

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

Agree. Collison is an UPGRADE from Beverley, and given the new pricing structure that NBA seems to have adopted, he's paid in nickels and dimes.

If we miss out on LMA, here's a route I want to see us go:

Trade TJones, 2016 1st and Prigioni for Collison

Sign KJ McDaniels, Stuckey and Harrell using the MLE

Hold Papa and wait for an opportunity to develop

Resign Terry and Josh Smith

Collison / Stuckey / Johnson
    Harden / McDaniels / Terry
    Ariza / Dekker
    DMo / Smith / Harrell
    Howard / Capela / Dorsey

Still need some shooting.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Lol:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mavs have touched base with a bunch of point guards. My educated guess is they end up signing Jeremy Lin.</p>&mdash; Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) <a href="https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/616653399241658368">July 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. onreego

onreego Member

Well, you need knees for that...

11. malakas

malakas Member

I said they try. I didnt say they will suceed. :grin: kidd has given him some kind of ultimatum to gain weight. He is very strictd and forbids the young players to use part of their games and focus solely on others until they get it all together.

But anyway as it comes to the rockets hes unvaila le now 100%. Cant have moose without henson and giannis on the court.

12. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

Maybe you are seeing Dallas and Portland slipping to the back of the pack, but I would argue that the West overall will be tougher next season. Getting back to the WC finals might be harder than last year.

13. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

mavs subtraction by subtraction, now theyre signing jerry lin?

subtraction by addition!

14. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Monta Ellis to Pacers per Broussard.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Means mavs are out of the dj sweepstakes? Hibbert back to dallas i take?

16. Airdough

Airdough Member

Stuckey will likely command too much to fit him into the MLE. He would either take the Full MLE or require a SnT.

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i like Henson as he has little hooks, but i like his defence more

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

James Anderson to Sac per Spears.

I don't know why. He's a minimum type player.

19. Jamers

Jamers Member

George Hill please

20. malakas

malakas Member

S+t or just sign? Lol not even monta wanted to join that traiwreck in sacramento. Vivek traded stauskas and one first and two swaps for nothing :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.