1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Guys even if we miss out on Alldredge we have plenty to trade to add in a 3-D guy or a point guard or even a power forward we have all our Draft pix , young players and plenty of euro assets and crazy flexibility with our contracts stop freaking out

2. basketballholic

There's 2 huge problems in LA right now:

1. Jim Buss - he shouldn't be running basketball operations. Jeannie should be running basketball operations. And Phil would be there and the roster would be loaded.

2. Kobe - In this environment sans PJax he's ruined the end of his career by being such a ......... that nobody wants to come play with him. No humility. No willingness to pass the baton. He's just cursed himself and the franchise repeatedly. Would he be different if PJax were there and Jeanie was in charge? Yep. Because they would've already pulled the plug on his junk if he hadn't changed. Kobe would've changed and mellowed with PJax and the franchise would've remained upright. But he doesn't have it in him to do it of himself.

1 person likes this.
  3. Victorious

Victorious Member

i want stuckey. also gerald green if we can't keep both brew and KJ

4. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I feel like we will do next season what we did last season. You won't see any major moves during the offseason and during the season Morey will pull some nice trades with some desperate teams.
    Pending we don't get LMA of course

I really hope I'm wrong and we are able to start the season with a legitimate PG tho

5. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

i would rather max out wade than overpay anyone left on the market,

wade still has a lot to offer, he was really good last year

6. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

We could try to trade for Courtney Lee

7. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Rockets are in a holding pattern until LMA decides what he is going to do. You know Morey will make moves once he finds out LMA decision.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

goes to show you. you can be a dick all you want in life. but ass soon as you lose what makes you valuable, you are then no longer viable.

for another example, kobe is still viable for his wife. but if he lost all his money she would be gone in a second.

9. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I could see Lakers swinging a wild deal with Heat: Clarkson & Sacre for Deng, Chalmers, and Anderson. Heat shed salary ($$$ for Wade & possibly Whiteside) and don't damage bench too bad, while Lakers get some talent and preserve 2016 cap space.

It would be a start, but probably not enough there for a Lakers playoff team.

10. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

This is still a really risky strategy.

Hard to replicate the success the 2012 Thunder had. They had three lottery picks, in good years, AND made good picks. Kevin Durants don't come every year. Early word on next year's draft is that it will be very weak, with only one surefire future star in Ben Simmons. It's conceivable, even likely, that Lakers could draft the third best player next year and get a guy who is a great starter, and nothing more.

11. basketballholic

Lakers need to do what Sixers are doing. use their cap to take on contracts and pick up draft picks.

Lakers screwed the pooch in 2012 when Jim Buss refused to cede control of basketball operations to Jeannie and he outright hired D'Antoni over PJax just to punk PJax and retain control. Jim Buss will have to take a backseat for them ever to recover respectability in the league. It's beyond obvious that players don't want to go there.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Crawford?

Jamal?
    Jordan?

Jamal is still under contract on the Clippers. Unless you can get him for one of your non-guaranteed contracts...

Jordan has been out of the league

13. Voice of Aus

errr for some reason i thought he was a UFA :confused:

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

1) Grizzlies are all in like the Rockets are.
    2) If you thought they had no perimeter scoring before...

I doubt it.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

She's probably right. Let these other teams shuffle their decks and keep your roster in tact.

LMA is going to swing the West with wherever he lands most likely if its Portland (they will stay good), or Phoenix.

I don't think he changes much going to the Spurs (they would still be a contender), and surely not with the Lakers who would still suck. The Mavs with LMA still aren't going anywhere as well and have no way of defending the rim.

The way its shaking up I think the Rockets as currently constructed (with a resigned Brewer, Smith, and maybe a slight upgrade at PG) can be right there with Golden State again this year. I don't expect GS to be as healthy again this year as well. They had a fluke season last year. I like the Rockets depth better this year to handle the regular season woes and the normal injuries.

The big issue is do you or don't you bring back Beverley if he's priced over where we all know he should be valued?

IMO, I let him walk if he's going to cost the Rockets anything that will hamper their ability to create max cap space next year. With the Knicks, Mavs, and a few others till sitting there with gobs of cap space, I would be shocked if he didn't get overpriced in the next few hours with an offer.

16. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

The Rockets have no leaks...impressive in this day and age.

17. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Woj: Sources: With New York losing out on Greg Monroe, the process of the Knicks working to close on deal with Robin Lopez will gain momentum. :grin:

18. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Could give them Jones to back up Randolph which might be enticing since they only have Brenden Wright backing up both Randolph and Gasol.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

I don't see it, personally.

They need more perimeter scoring. Trading one of their scorers for another backup big hurts them, doesn't help.

20. Voice of Aus

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No question Kanter is a significant defensive liability, though. But sometimes you can live with the hope he improves (see: Harden, James).</p>&mdash; Royce Young (@royceyoung) <a href="https://twitter.com/royceyoung/status/616637385023959041">July 2, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

theirs hope cyber :grin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.