1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

I think if it's true that he's picking a top 3 to do 2nd meetings with, the teams will be SA, Phoenix, and then Houston. It seems like he was very impressed by our presentation.

2. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Who wouldn't want a Ipad full of analytics. Lol!

3. MistaK

MistaK Member

Woooot?? Is LMA scheduling further meetings with his top 3 teams?

4. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

If you believe what's actually being reported.

5. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

Yep. Meeting with the knicks today, and then narrowing to the top 3.

6. frontline94

frontline94 Member

i think everyone is giving way too much importance to brewer and smith, even though smith saved us in the playoffs.

My opinion is that our system allows for players like them to flourish, which is evidenced by smith and brewer being mediocre elsewhere. im confident we can play without either, and if that means our frontcourt consists lma,dmo,howard, and capela, we'd be a much better team

also, if we somehow kept ariza with dekker as a backup, wed be a top 2 team int he west

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

No cyber updates?

8. frontline94

frontline94 Member

pap, jones, prig, and dorsey count for approximately 9.8mm

9.8 + 7.5 = roughly 18 which is close to 20

(all without giving up ariza)

and we sign beverly and josh smith and terry to be over cap space

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

As far as expectations, I am more disappointed that Llull decided not to come over than if Aldridge chose to play elsewhere.

Morey needs to seriously reconsider selling Llull's rights to another team. I don't blame him for staying in a comfortable situation, but we need to move on.

10. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Raptors did well in meeting with LaMarcus Aldridge, but it is unlikely he picks the Raptors, per source.</p>&mdash; David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) <a href="https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/616599245693583360">July 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

We don't need Josh Smith if we trade T. Jones, IMO.

PF rotation: LMA/DMO/Harrell

We could use the money to resign McDaniels or sign CJ Watson.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean...he's picking the Spurs, but I guess we're still "in" at the moment.

13. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

I honestly think if we trade his rights to a team with an established Spanish player (Memphis, T-Wolves, Bulls), he'd come over. Seems to match the kind of personality he has and he's good friends with all those guys. I'd like to see if we could trade his rights and some players for Courtney Lee.

14. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

This is getting old. Yes, most of these teams have good presentation and interview skills so the meetings go well. All of them have ways to make sure LMA gets paid max money. And most of them have pretty good teams to surround him with. Of course the meetings are "going well".

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

So did cyberx go ham last night?

16. BeardlyBeardman

I don't know who would buy them now. It really is disappointing because of the situation we offered for him. If there was ever a time to go, this was it. He's not getting any younger. He has a window just like we have a window.

This was always a possibility but I have to feel like he left Morey holding the bag here somewhat. Can only hope that he told him his decision before the draft and it just now leaked.

17. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

is ham a refrence to the pig owner "calderon"?

:grin:

18. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

19. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Yes supposedly only the lakers FAiled. Lol

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Return to Clippers certainly not ruled out, but Austin Rivers says as we move into Day 2 that he'll indeed sample the field in free agency</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/616604143977771013">July 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.