1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. houston19519

houston19519 Member

We quietly signed Ariza; Brought Brewer over during the season and Smith.. Morey moves on his own time.. Be patient my brother.. Will be okay when the season starts.;)

2. malakas

malakas Member

You are amazing jr. Wish i could rep you again.

thsi gambadono dude is not reliable. Hes the phoenix mouthpiece. Woj , lowe >>>> beat writers.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

How did "moving on his own time" work out against Golden State?

Not much he can do now, though. Besides Aldridge, not too many attractive and attainable options. David West, maybe?

4. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

But Carl do the Rockets have to make a move at the PF position? If so then it kinda tells you they have little confidence in Smith, DMO and Jones you would think. Obviously Aldridge is far and away better than all of them with a more well rounded game and he's a proven playoff performer, but the rockets 4s aren't to shabby in my mind when healthy.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The thing to keep in mind about all these reports and tweets is that while each of Lowe, Woj, Gambadoro, Stein, Shelburne or whoever may be 100% honest and accurate in relaying what they hear from their sources, each of their sources only has a partial view of the whole situation.

Thus, we hear the Lakers feeling good about their presentation one night and the next morning we hear that LaMarcus was not impressed. Lowe might be hearing that Portland "has a chance" from some Portland people or some member of Aldridge's camp, but who knows whether that member's view represents a consensus within the group or just one person's feelings. The same goes with anything that says he may or may not have interest in Houston or Phoenix or whatever.

6. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Would y'all say that we are out of it?
    The one mention of Houston was positive but the three remaining teams seem to be SA, PHX and Portland. I don't see how LMA goes back to Portland after what they're doing to their roster

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The same strategy worked out gangbusters for the Warriors though last year.

The same strategy got the team James Harden in the first place.

PBev, Harden, Ariza, Brewer, Smith, Prig, Terry ... These were all on his own time pickups.

Howard wasn't... Because he was the star free agent and the team had space for him.

They don't have cap space this year. They could maybe make it via some complex maneuvering and waiting out a third superstar to see if they should do that seems fine.

There are no guards being moved ... Or signed ... At the moment that the Rockets can afford, unless you move Ariza which il would hurt more than help. Or unless you think they should be chasing Mike Dunkeavy with their MLE, which would be dumb anyway.

8. malakas

malakas Member

Yup agreed whoĺeheartedly and its someone all should have in mind atm. Woj in the past hasnt been that good in breaking or gauging free agency signings because his sources are in teh front office. However THIS year when it comes to lma from everything he has broke like the la to being the only one to never rulling out portland even if it went against common sense after the batum trade to me is proof he has sources from lma camp. Or at least extremely strong indication.

Cyber even wondered so himself. Im sure jr can find the post.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It didn't, because he went for a good but ageing backup PG. No need to add another ageing David West.

We need a 25-30 yr PG who can shoot/defend. That is a tall order by itself, and LMA will require Morey to break up the team.

A cheap Rodney Stuckey if fit, will be better than Terry/ Prigioni. Retain Smith and Bev, re-sign Corey Brewer. We will remain competitive this way.

10. malakas

malakas Member

If lma goes to portland within the next 1 hour they will sign monroe.

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

And they'll continue to be on a treadmill of good but not great.

Aminu is a step below Batum. They don't have Matthews' defense or perimeter shooting anymore. The only solace is that they have some players that can improve in Plumlee and Vonleh. If I'm Aldridge and I want to win now I can't mortgage my prime years on the development of Vonleh Plumlee etc

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

13. malakas

malakas Member

All that matters to them right now is that they get their star to resign. Besides batum is expiring so he can resign there again if they want him. They will have capspace.

what is of interest to me is since rolo and lma are such good buddies to the poibt that he asked teams to sign him so he will consider signing with them why portland isnt after HIM?

14. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Maybe they know he's a goner along with LMA. I could see RoLo in Milwaukee.

15. malakas

malakas Member

We didnt have capspace . and the splurging today was mostly for the small market teams who have no hope next year to add any big fa. We can add anotyer gambler in lowes list. Afflalo. That makes them only 4 or so. Definitely speaks a lot about the basic human nature of need of security above almost all else.

16. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

17. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

So, are we out?

18. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

The media would portray it as such, saying that Phoenix, SA, and Portland are the last three teams remaining

I guess we will find out depending on who LMA meets with in the next few days.

19. houston19519

houston19519 Member

I'm saying call me when the trade deadline happens mid season next season. Everyone including "ME" complained about them not getting significant pieces last year during the off season. Just saying just because we don't get anyone major in the off season; doesn't mean we wont add pieces during the season or during the trade deadline.. That's what I mean by be patient. Look at Morey's track record, the pieces may not always work out, but he will bring in guys in trades.. An I still believe with a healthy team with all the guys coming bavk {Hopefully they can sign them back} they can compete with Golden State!!!

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I see no reason why the Suns would be in contention. If he doesn't necessarily care about being on a contender, then he should just go back to Portland. If he goes to the Suns, they might not even be a playoff team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.