1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I didn't mean to mislead anyone. I posted that link a couple days ago, Haymitch asked me to post it again. Sorry if I got y'all's hopes up lol

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Who is tumbling?

If a team 'goes to war' without Dragic, then it will have made plans not to have him. As the trade deadline approaches, picks increase in value, expirings increase in value for teams who failed and are looking to blow it up, and player options decrease in value, because they become a short-term rental. If the Suns wait, they also risk injury, and missing out altogether.

I'm not sure why you would think otherwise? Do you have an example of a player with a player option increasing in value during the course of the season?

3. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Because then he'll be essentially a couple of months' rental. His trade value diminishes significantly I would think.

4. treeman

treeman Member

I think at this point it would be more productive - and certainly more entertaining - if we just filled it up with nonsensical gifs.

[​IMG]

Yeah, that's dumb.

[​IMG]

That one sorta had a story to it, but we all wanna make our case.

[​IMG]

And there is stimulating conversation to be had all around.

[​IMG]

But being a person who wants to be correct, you debate with yourself about whether you REALLY have the right answers...

[​IMG]

And then at some point, you and yourself come to terms with yourselves

[​IMG]

Much like this thread... And tears are shed

[​IMG]

And in the end, after many pointlessly wasted hours, much drama, and way too much fervor, we ALWAYS end up in the same place.

[youtube]C3JzbWVDzac[/youtube]

Those of us with an ounce of humility will say

[​IMG]

While the rest drive on to victory

[​IMG]

5. traveler

traveler Member

So. Are we getting the big 3 with Dragic or what?

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Super insiders roe4chris, Shaun11 and Bballholic say hellzyea.

7. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

don't forget kingdrew

8. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Just to point out: we can't sign him when he opts out. We don't have enough capspace. Our only way to get him is to secure his bird rights and that sign him by going over the cap.

Dragic should be in high demand - not Love demand, but there should be several teams trying to get him. As a 3d star on a team he is golden. We can offer the NO pick which is pretty good - we can also offer another future first and maybe Beverly as a cheap great backup to Bledsoe. But they'd have 3 PGs and none of them should really be able to play SG just because they can't guard taller SGs.

Dragic might have already told PHX that he will opt out and he wants big money. PHX will probably have to pay Bledsoe big money. So they have to ask themselves, do they want to have 2 PGs getting the max with one playing SG? If not, try to get the best in return.

Why trade him now? Well for security, Dragic could always go down with injuries - and maybe they know they are not there yet and don't mind getting a higher draft pick.

I say we have a chance to get him, but it would be a high price.

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

You think with a 66mill cap, Morey cant find 16 mill in capspace?
    I count dwight, harden and ariza at 44. He can keep 5m in 'incomplete roster charges' (or minimum keepers). Seems doable?

10. izeroi

izeroi Member

No kidding. I wish this thread would get locked up already.

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

But plowman and bbaholic are actually legit clutchfans members with a history. That's why this thread is tough not to click on.

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

they might all have the same sauces!

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

jopat has a "history" but I don't know if it's one that inspires confidence.

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I don't think its a bad idea to wait until an official word before believing anything. Much less stressful then refreshing every 5 minutes and hoping an insider breaks something.

And I don't think those Bosh were bogus. If Miami never offers a full max, he would be here. If It was bogus, then its as bogus as Drew saying Melo would come here or that something big was going to happen Saturday.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's someone at an obviously BS site speculating based off someone else's speculation on another site (and I can't even find the original speculation off of which this obviously fake "report" is made).

Thanks for sharing it though.

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

They're not trading Dragic, he's the best PG of the bunch and he loves Phoenix.

Bledsoe is overrated and the Suns know it. They will throw at least a near max contract at Dragic. They are not doing so with Bledsoe. That's all we need to know.

Factor in the fact that the Suns seem to have either really gifted or really lucky medical team which seems to be able to keep players healthier, I would not be surprised if Phoenix is trying to pawn off a ticking time bomb for the best available assets.

Isaiah Thomas is Dragic's $7m backup - which makes sense because they now know they can go small very effectively with Dragic at the 2. They'll play all three if they have to keep them all this season, but that's clearly not a long term situation.

I really hope we don't get Bledsoe and I really really hope a top 10 Western team other than the Rockets get him for max money. Would be really pleased with that.

OTOH, I'd love for us to take him with a 3yrs/$27m deal with the 3rd year being a team option. Obviously, that's a pipe dream with the way the market is playing out.

17. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

It definitely wouldn't be odd for PHX to hang out to Dragic until the trade deadline, but there are a couple reasons why teams would put their best offer out now rather than in February, and why PHX would rather move him now:

1) Dragic has yet to play back-to-back seasons at this level. Perhaps the Suns fear he's just a product of their newer system, and that his 3 PT% will drop this year?

2) Fear of injury - I always recall anticipating an injury for both Dragic & Lowry due to their style of play.

3) The new team will want to see if there's any "chemistry." With a full year, you should have a good idea whether or not a player fits into your team. With 1/2 a year, they might still be moving through growing pains at the end. If Morey doesn't like what he sees after an entire year, he will likely pursue other FA options, as he will still have the flexibility to do so. Dragic is a really good player, but he's not the Howards/Loves of the world who you build your team around.

4) This isn't a great point, but I also don't anticipate that Dragic will receive his full max. As such, the only incentive the new team has is the additional year, correct? To a player like Dragic that may be significant, but he is a greater flight risk than the true Max players simply due to the fact that others may offer more lucrative (or even similar) contracts, increasing the competition.

18. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

What if the Rockets target is Ty Lawson? #ThreadRevived

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This is the official throw your 2 cents thread.

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

There is absolutely nothing that would indicate Bledsoe is as good or better than Dragic. The only thing Bledsoe has over Dragic at this point is the fact that he is 4 years younger and could still be developing.

1. Dragic hits 50% of his F/G's, 40% of his 3Pt shots, dishes out 6 APG and averages 20+ points a game while playing very solid to very good defense.

2. Miles Plumlee was one of the better young centers in the games last season. Phoenix has 2 good draft picks from this years draft.

3. They finished 1 game out of the play-offs and would have almost certainly made the play-offs and would have been a 50 win team if Bledsoe had not gotten hurt.

4. With both Bledsoe and Goran the Suns might have one of if not the single best back court in the NBA:

PG: Bledsoe / Isaiah Thomas / Tyler Ennis
    SG: Dragic / Gerald Green

I don't think there is any rational thought that would lead anyone to think that:
    A. Dragic is not worth the max considering what Hayward and Parsons just got.
    B. The Phoenix Suns are not serious contenders for the play-offs and a plus 50 win season.
    C. The Rockets have anything outside of James Harden or Dwight Howard that could possibly make Phoenix consider trading Dragic back to Houston.

The thought that Phoenix might trade Goran to Houston again sounds like a lot of desperate thinking on the part of desperate thinking Rockets fans. Phoenix gift wrapped Goran to us once and I just don't see any scenario where they do that for us again.

#4180 crash5179, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.