1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Any feelings or info on how long until it happens?

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

What are we giving up?

3. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Actually, CH, it's quite likely that this was the Lakers' plan and was why the Rockets HAD to pull the trigger on the Lin trade when they did.

According to Morey's radio interviews, the Lakers' offer to take Lin for "only" one first rounder (and ZERO cash thrown in) was the best they had. Maybe the Lakers were running low on time to lock in Nick Young and Jordan Hill before they took other offers, and they needed every second if they were going to spend 3 days waiting out a match on a Bledsoe/Monroe offer sheet. So, once the Rockets agreed to the Lin trade, the Lakers decided just to move on to Young/Hill instead of spend more time on Monroe (and having gotten Lin plus a first rounder in place of just a chance at Bledsoe).

4. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I wish I was an insider lol. Wouldn't have to worry about who's legit and who's full of crap!

My life would be so much easier! ;)

5. basketballholic

Congratulations on making my ignored list.

1 person likes this.
  6. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I would be excited just like the next Rockets fan if some of this comes true. It's interesting to me that not an ounce of information has been leaked till this point or none of the big guys have any news of this.

You would figure if there really were trade talks going on and it would drop any minute that some kind of rumor would have surfaced.

7. FeaR

FeaR Member

All the supposed insiders are so sure that we will end up with a better PG than Bev. I hope you are right. I don't hold my breath though.

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nick,

I had heard earlier about Rondo, and then again....fairly recently. But then I was told...Dragic...in no uncertain terms. That's why I passed it on.
    As to Bledsoe, I knew it was tied to the PHX PG situation/his and Goran contracts...
    Regarding Rubio, I only know what you do...Daryl loves him (always has) and he wants to play for a contender.....while getting paid much more.
    Now, I like Ricky.....He does and will over time bring much to the table...another guy that people are giving up on/selling short.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Bledsoe is the best defensive point guard in the NBA.

10. Plowman

Supporting Member

No, I was just referring to being asked if I was Drew.

11. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I think he mean what are The Rockets giving up to get Dragic.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Can the Suns give Dragic permission to talk to Morey in this case or are there no exceptions?

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

To clarify, is your theory that their plan could have been to throw big $ at a Restricted Free Agent, but then a threat of losing Young/Hill during the 3 day waiting period made them decide otherwise?

Perhaps this is what happened, I just don't get wouldn't be so concerned over losing Young/Hill if I were the Lakers.

14. Plowman

Supporting Member

AHAHAHA.....No timeline from ME, man......just...and I know you'll love this...SOON.

But obviously PHX is in HEAVY negotiation mode...with Bledsoe/Dragic, other teams, etc....So, it doesn't take a ROCKET scientist :cool: to come to the conclusion that resolution is on the way.

15. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Plowman

What are the Rockets giving up to make this transaction?
    And is Bev coming off the bench if this does happen ?

16. Nook

Nook Member

It is going to take more than $12,000,000 a season to get Bledsoe because the Suns has already offered that. It is basically max or bust for a team like Houston or Los Angeles.

Bledsoe is a weird player... Injury prone, been around for awhile but over the last 18 months has really emerged. He is a turnover machine, really an under sized combo guard... All things you try to avoid if you are Morey.

On the other hand, I don't think people realize how good he is defensively. He can guard and PG and most SG's 1 on 1... As a team defender he is also very good because of his closing speed and explosiveness. In short, he is the best defensive point guard in the NBA last year.

Offensively he can be stopped, but is a handful. He can score in the open court as well as anyone. He has good court vision and has improved his shot. I also think he has room to improve.

Bledsoe would go a long way to making the Rockets an elite defensive team, especially with Ariza already added to Beverley and Howard.

Bledsoe doesn't have much of a track record and injuries are a real concern. However the market for star players is flooded with suitors and there are few stars available. It is a risk I think you have to take as the Rockets if you can get him. He gives you a huge edge against LAC and SA. Bledsoe helps neutralize the athleticism of the Clippers and Sa Antonio really struggles against raw speed.

Personally I don't think the Rockets will get Bledsoe, but add him and the MLE for a PF or Marion type player and shoot for the WCF this year.

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Dragic coming back more than makes up losing Parsons. Dude is a baller.

C'mon basketball gods, we need a break here.

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

A lineup of:

Dragic
    Harden
    Ariza
    TJ
    Howard

Pretty damn sick.

We need depth badly, but that'll be the priority for next offseason.

19. Progs

Progs Member

Landing Dragic would be better for the Rockets than Bledsoe or Rondo IMO. He really rises up the challenge and gives Westbrook fits which is always a plus.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Dragic > Bledsoe

However the Rockets would probably take either of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.