1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xiki

xiki Member

Except that TY has a <$10m player option. Do you want to SnT starting at $13m or more? Nah, not me.

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Member

FIFY. I don't personally remember myself Ric Bucher being a Dallas shill, the way Stein is. Because Stein lives there.

3. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Is worse than the team Love left in Minnesota. Lakers fans are hilarious.

4. Vivid

Vivid Member

Your info is always much appreciated! I have a general cap question (musing) for the experts of CF, but why is Aldridge to SA such a "done deal." Even with a projected 67 million cap, they would have to move mountains just to get a one year rental of LA. They currently sit at 34 million, but have over 54 million in cap holds. Lets say they renounce basically everyone except Kawhi and have Duncan sign for the minimum, after cap holds and draft pick holds that would put them around 51 million. They can then couple their draft pick with Splitter in a salary dump to get to 44 million. They can then give LA the max (approx 19-20 million) and sit at 63 million. They can (and will) go over the cap to resign Kawhi using his Bird rights.

That would give them a lineup of Parker, Mills, Kawhi, LA, Duncan and a bench of Diaw/minimum contracts for 2016. They would have to do all of this for a one year rental. It is possible, but I would say the chances are slim, so it is odd that we have insiders basically confirming that the Spurs are willing to tear apart their team for a one year rental. It seems quite drastic and un-Spurs like. I am not sure it would even make them better with an injury-prone Parker and soon to be 40 year old Duncan.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Stein, Bucher and others may well have been right at that time, but who is "in the lead" for free agent on June 22nd isn't very relevant. Plenty of time for guys to take in more information and change their minds.

It's like a lead in the 3rd quarter of a game. Nice to have, but no guarantees.

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Cyberx, from what you've been hearing, who will be starting @ PG for the Rockets at the beginning of the season?

7. xaos

xaos Member

I know you guys have questions for Cyberx, but it is clear that what ever information he has available to us he gives it as soon as he can. I still do not understand why people swamp him with specific questions. He will give you what he knows and is able to give you.

8. i3artow i3aller

Suns trying to move Bledsoe :rolleyes:

9. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Cyberx, will I get married by 2017 or at least find my future wife by then???? Please let me know asap.

2 people like this.
  10. Zergling

Zergling Member

Some players just aren't passionate about winning. Playing near home or making a lot of money are high priorities for some players.

It's no different than the regular average Joe citizens. How many of us care that our company has the most market share in their respective industry?

11. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

Cyberx, word is that Sergio Llull had dinner with Prigs.. what did they eat and what year was the wine?

12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Member

Not so sure, seems like he was directly responding to the inquiries.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

So we are back to where we started?!?! :grin:

Rondo
    Dragic
    Rubio
    Bledsoe

14. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Will we strike out again and resign prigs? :confused::confused:

15. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Sounds like Morey doesn't want to jeopardize 2016 cap space.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

#flexibilityforDurant

17. RoxDaBeard

RoxDaBeard Member

LOL at the people trolling the idiots asking specific questions. Seriously guys I'm sure cyberx has better things to do than check this site and answer specific questions...

18. The Cat

The Cat Member

Bucher did, 100%. I can't link it now because Sulia went under, but Bucher had a very detailed post on Sulia explaining why if Dwight Howard was serious about winning, he should go to Dallas, not Houston.

Bucher was also the only source putting Dallas at the top of Dwight's wish list in July 2012.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...-mavs-at-top-of-dwight-howard-s-wish-list.ece

The ties with Bucher and the Mavs run deep.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I remember Bucher had some #HotTakes on Lowry's free agency last summer! :p

20. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

Bledsoe would be a great fit next to Harden

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.