1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Why wouldn't we? No matter what we'd be using the MLE to sign Llull as a backup so what difference would it make?

2. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Your speaking on something unkown like you know what hell give us...He could defenitily be a contributing starting PG in this league from year one.

Hes a very sound player who does not have weaknesses but doesent do something exceptional.
    He does everything well and that is a contributing player in the nba especially when you are a two way player which he is.
    And bringing in both is plain idiocy, you dont trade your assets for a pg then use your mle for a backup at the same position it would make no sense and leave us lacking in depth in other positions

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed.

It's not just his post up abilities though that would keep me from moving him.

This guy has All Star talent....

Yes, we had well chronicled deficiencies in the backcourt (even with a healthy Bev), but a healthy DMO playing the four alongside Dwight might well have turned the tide. Losing those guys really put the kabosh on how far we could go last year.

And to be clear....It IS AT THE FOUR where he is a matchup nightmare on both sides of the ball. His versatility to be able to slide over and play some 5 is to be applauded rather than ripped apart.

Do NOT trade DMo!

1 person likes this.
  4. mercy road

mercy road Member

At one point in time a fan could view D-Mo and Jones as competitors. I do not believe that is true anymore. And any comparisons now of Jones and D-Mo are apples to oranges. D-Mo is some weirdly talented huge man with a unique skill set who fits into numerous different roles. D-Mo's role has changed in significant ways. I believe he is becoming a 3&D center which indicates to me that he is heading towards max contracts if his health holds up.

Jones is like 98% of NBA players. They come into the league pigeonholed into a position and they stay there for their entire careers. Jones is a power forward. A very young power forward who is still developing. And there is nothing wrong with that. He's what, 23?

But the bottom line is that Jones is earning significant PT from a coach that does not play players who cannot produce wins. We all will know when Jones is not succeeding as an NBA player. McHale just will not play him. Until that happens Jones has my full support. And he deserves every fans support.

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Thank you cyber for blessing us again with info. And just to point out I forgot who posted asking cyber about Rubio and cyber never said he wasn't a target or anything to squash the Rubio trade down hhhmmm.

6. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

LOL you are truly clueless if you believe in Mchales intelect and scouting ability to identify who brings us wins and who doesent. Mchale is simple, he plays ppl he is used to and is doesent play young guys as often unless they are forced to play through injury.

Mchales strengths as a coach is he is very likable and easy going.
    and he is a good motivator, and has a vast knowledge of how to dominate in the post...everything else hes bot 5 in the nba at from Xs and Os, to situational timeouts, to substitutions, to matchups...he isnt up to par in all those areas yet eventhough he has improved slightly every year

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The only way Llull is coming here is to get significant playing time. He isn't going to leave Real Madrid for a Pablo Prigioni roll on the Rockets.

Furthermore, they aren't going to lock up 4 different PGs to multi year deals. Not to mention Terry, who is likely back as well.

They would roll with Lawson/Johnson/Bev and then use the MLE elsewhere.

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We couldn't possibly acquire Boogie could we? He might fight Dwight in the locker room. The spacing would be bad. After all of that I would love boogie in rocket red.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well then that's what they should do. Rather than gambling on a Euro with 0 NBA experience (but I still don't believe that was ever a real option) to be your starter it would be infinitely better to go with proven NBA talent. How many Euros come over and produce as great starters in their first season?

10. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Not sure why I clicked in here, I guess I thought it was time I saw what all the posting was about.

1864 pages later, I'm tired....

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He doesn't have to be a great starter. He needs to be good. That would be a big improvement, in my opinion. If he does turn out to be "great," then so much the better. ;-)-

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

How many Euros come over and are good starters in their first season?

13. mercy road

mercy road Member

I have no idea what you are talking about. McHale was one of the best power forwards to ever play the game. And you will never say that about a player who does not understand the NBA incredibly well. Stupid players will never reach the list of the 50 best NBA players of all time.

McHale is fabulous at player development. But he will always play the players who give the Rockets the best chance of winning. Unless it is garbage time some under qualified young player will not see the court. You and all of the rest of the fans can *itch all you want, McHale understands the game of basketball much much better than any fan ever could. How do I know that? Morey and Les, two great basketball minds, extended McHale mid-season for three years for $5M/year. Why? Because they probably were afraid that other teams would come poaching a head coach if his contract expired. It is the only answer that makes sense.

You can nit pick McHale all you want. There is probably no other coach in the NBA that could have gotten 56 wins from a roster that suffered 220 roster games lost to injury. There is probably no other coach in the NBA that could have made it to the WCF with two starters done for the season due to injury. Those are Herculean accomplishments.

And what do you have to offer as a rebuttal to those facts? Nothing but your god given ever so inflated self importance. Good luck with that dude.

14. mercy road

mercy road Member

If Mirotic could not do it (40% FG%, 31% 3P%) I dount Llull does it.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mercy Road, is that you jtr?

Banned from the GARM, came back under a new name?

#37295 J.R., Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Scola, Miritoic, Pau Gasol, Ginobili, Marc Gasol

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Luis Scola. He started 39 games as a rookie after finding his feet in the league.

18. mercy road

mercy road Member

Pau Gasol is the classic example. My god what a rookie season. 18.8/8.9 if my memory serves me well. But it is rare. Very rare.

19. mercy road

mercy road Member

Mirotic had a volume season, shooting 40% overall and 31% from downtown. He is not a good example at all.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Howdy, Plow.

Trade DMo - - when it can be 100% justified. One. Hundred. Per. Cent! The man's upside is well short of topped!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.