1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

I don't think we have any idea what he wants, but that would certainly be nice. If Delon Wright could develop a three point shot, he'd be a great fit.

I really think we need a secondary playmaker like Lowry or Lawson, but if we're going for that type of 3&D player, I would love to see us go after Avery Bradley.

He's improved as a shooter (and you'd expect even more so with the open shots he'd get here next to Harden) and a top notch defender. They have Marcus Smart, Evan Turner, James Young, and Isaiah Thomas all coming back so they're a little crowded.

I'm sure IT is higher on their list of wanting to trade, but with Bass/Jerebko off the books, they'll be looking for another young big like T-Jones or Clint.

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

You draft a kid like Tyus with the 32nd pick, not the 18th.

3. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

That's true... He is gonna get one from the draft and probably has a euro stashed somewhere in Lithuania. He probably scoped him out and told the coach to play him min. minutes to undervalue him then he's gonna scoop him up and give the coach a wad of cash and a bag of rice.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Morey has said it, as recently as when he was on Grantland last series. Haralabos Voulgaris has talked about it too. He and Morey have similar views.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Tyrus Jones is a pretty good 3pt and FT shooter, he just turned 19 this month. I see a couple of you bringing up his height as being a possible issue but he's over 6'0 barefooted (6'2 in shoes) has a 6'5 wingspan and is 190, so he really isn't small for the point. His problem is athleticism, he can't jump and isn't quick, which means he has a pretty hard time finishing around the rim and defending.

I agree he probably isn't someone i'd take with the 18th, I'd rather trade for a late 2nd and get someone like Tyler Harvey who is a better shooter, has a litter more size at 6'4 (but is even less athletic then Tyrus).

6. finsraider

finsraider Member

Trade for Lowry
    Sign KJ to a 2 year $4 million deal
    Sign Gentile to a 3 year $7 million deal
    Resign Dwight to a 3 year $60 million contract in 2016
    Trade Ariza
    Sign Durant to a 4 year $120 million contract in 2016
    Resign DMo in 2016

Lowry / Johnson
    Harden / McDaniels
    Durant / Gentile
    DMo / Smith
    Howard / Capela

I believe that all of this can work under the cap.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Cyberx, even though all signs point to it...did Chander Parsons get microfracture or not?

8. malakas

malakas Member

Doesthis work with Dmo's new max contract of 16 mil?

The best case is trade Jones for the 19th pick to Washington and package 18+19 +Kpap to either Toronto or Denver if Kings don't get Lawson first. Draft Cliff Alexander with the NY second. If not him this draft has so many PFs anyway.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Tyus is a 5 star recruit who's already played in huge games. He's so young.

10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Truth.

11. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I know it's a long shot but Nicolas Batum is expiring and would be a perfect fit for Houston if the league is moving towards that "guys who can switch on multiple positions and shoot 3s" model.

I'm not saying Portland would be eager to make that trade, but what do they do if Aldridge leaves town? Suddenly they are looking like a borderline lottery team and they are paying Batum to be a very expensive role player. I'm just saying....

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

We're talking about Tyus jones in the draft, not Terrence.

13. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

thi is the first year i won't be going through draft express prospects 1 by 1 and picking a favourite and then hoping moray drafts him because after the A-capela and NJ draft haul last year and canaan in the 2nd round the year before that, its just made me appreciate the development that these guys get.

im pumped for whoever we decide to draft and won't be fazed in the slightest if its another unknown player,

1 person likes this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

HOw much of a difference would an all out effort to rent Gogi have made on these playoffs?

15. kunene

kunene Member

Loved the Capela pick, but we should have picked Jordan Clarkson over Nick Johnson.

16. malakas

malakas Member

He means trading the pick for batum instead of drafting tyus. The problem is that if the blazers decie to rebuild they will probably keep Batum coz hes young enough to be part of their core and the new cap rise will make his salary a non issue. in the event they decide to sell Batum anyway unfortunately there are many teams that have much more to offer. A few mid lottery teams would gladly trade their pick for him. I.e Miami

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm thinking we need a scoring PG more than we do a defensive one. Basically what I wish we had was a younger Terry or Prigioni. This team without Harden on the floor can play defense but doesn't have enough offensive weapons against good defenses.

Ideally a hybrid guard someone like JJ Reddick maybe who can play average defense but score in bunches. There's Jordan Crawford but he's very inefficient. Maybe Jimmer Fredette can develop into a fantastic backup PG? I feel like he can be a really good scorer for our team off the bench.

I don't think this team need much more than to re-sign everyone, sign someone for the MLE and draft the best player available. Let Dorsey go, draft a big behind Capela maybe? If healthy we could have split the away games with the Warriors who seem like the best team in the league.

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

We don't have Steve Nash to work with Clarkson, which has really helped him a lot.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It wouldn't have worked at all. Gogi didn't give a damn about coming to Houston. He made that very clear. No need for a cancer on the team.

20. basketballholic

What we need is a good 3&D guard that can defend point guards effectively. Perhaps someone like Aaron Afflalo, to start alongside Harden. Then we need a good, quick playmaking point guard like Ramon Sessions to come off the bench and run the show when Harden sits down. Then we need a healthy DMo, Dwight, and one other quality 4/5 that can both defend and shoot the 3 ball to come off the bench as the third big.

To maximize Harden's efficiency we have to have 2 stalwart perimeter defenders around him so he can check the opponent's least usage perimeter player. Then you bring your backup playmaker of the bench when Harden sits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.