1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slickricky

slickricky Member

*if it does happen I can see it happening on draft night

Tjones
    Capela - stock sky rocketing with each playoff game
    Ariza
    Kpapa
    18th pick
    NY pick

For

Aldridge
    Batum

Blazers bring back Matthews and offer Deandre the max after Gasoline passes to stay with the Grizzlies

DJ
    Tjones
    Ariza
    Matthews
    Lillard

That is still a playoff team

Howard
    LMA
    Batum
    Harden
    Beverly

We will be a top 3 team

2. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Soooooo you were joking?! :confused:

3. RV6

RV6 Member

Not hating on Cyberx, appreciate the info, but we already knew:

-Scola misses Houston and would love to return. Houston feels the same.

-LMA more likely to leave than thought, wants to come back to TX. Dallas now looks like a terrible option, so whatever Houston's chances were, they just got better.

-Rockets will try to bring Lull over.

Cyberx only seems to confirm that Scola's return is a lock, but the other two tidbits don't really change anything.

4. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

I thought we are a TOP 3 team. :(

5. brooksstephens

I don't think we've seen anywhere else that Houston is interested. That's new (although maybe it should always be assumed that Morey is interested in any star player)

6. finsraider

finsraider Member

If the Rockets get Aldridge it won't be with cap room. Definitely a SnT, and the numbers aren't feasible unless you include Ariza (which I hate).

This probably takes a 3 team trade with Ariza going somewhere other than Portland. I could see Chicago being interested, and including a guy like Tony Snell.

7. RV6

RV6 Member

As much as i like TJ, he deserves to shine, so I won't hate seeing him traded somewhere he can do that. Same for Dmo. We need to keep Brewer and Smith.

Is this even realistic, financially?

Lull/Bev/ROOKIE
    Harden/McDaniels/ROOKIE
    Ariza/Brewer/ROOKIE
    LMA/Smith/Scola
    Howard/Capela/Dorsey

8. RV6

RV6 Member

Read it recently. Can't remember where though, maybe someone else remembers?

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

If the Rockets get Aldridge it won't be with cap room. Definitely a SnT, and the numbers aren't feasible unless you include Ariza (which I hate).

This probably takes a 3 team trade with Ariza going somewhere other than Portland. I could see Chicago being interested, and including a guy like Tony Snell.

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

McDaniels is a project. As for losing Ariza... Ariza is the backcourt defense.

11. RV6

RV6 Member

I think it was this:

http://grantland.com/features/thoughts-from-miami-indiana-conference-finals/

#35131 RV6, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  12. Swishh

Swishh Member

that's 99% of cyberx's info.

13. Aaron_D

Aaron_D Member

Jesus, I go take a nap for two hours and when I wake up we're getting LMA and Scola's coming back.

You think if I go back to bed for another two or three hours we could get squared up for KD in 2016?

14. craguin

craguin Member

Yep, I remember that post too...

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

A big who hits free throws.

16. crash5179

crash5179 Member

[​IMG]

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

1. If Morey wants a high level guy like Aldridge, he is almost certainly willing to essentially gut the roster of pretty much everyone but Dwight and Harden to make it happen, whether in a sign and trade or to create the cap room for a signing. Morey was willing to do this for Bosh and I am pretty sure be willing to do it for Aldridge.

2. The Rockets will have a hard time creating actual "max" room for Aldridge, but they can come close by trading Ariza for no money in return, letting all the non-guaranteed and expired guys go (maybe sign one of them back via room exception) and maybe trading away one or both of DMo and Jones for no money in return.

Aldridge might sign a 1 year deal (with maybe a player option 2nd year) at a bit less than the max with big cap increase in 2016 in mind.

3. Aldrige, I think, would fit the team nicely. His size allows him to legitimately play C if needed so you have good size, rebounding and rim protection with Dwight sitting. His shooting range should help with the spacing-- high level midrange shooter, and pretty good at 3 pointers, too (35% 3pt% on 1.5 attempts).

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

19. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Isn't there a rumor that Love is going to test free agency and speculation that his relationship with McHale (and a connections with Harden by being "L.A boys") could pay huge dividends?

An offseason that could include us chasing Love and LMA as our 3rd stars, a possible homecoming from Scola, a possible welcoming of Llull and/or trying to convince Brewer, Smith and McDaniels..

If the Rockets can add a deep playoff run to that, then I can sleep happy tonight!

20. RV6

RV6 Member

You've got to wonder what gutting the team will do to Harden and Howard though....especially Howard losing his best friend. If they get past the 2nd round or take it to 6-7, they're going to want another shot next year with a healthy Bev and DMo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.