1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Ariza (plus others) would have to be part of any deal to make a S&T deal work. Salary matching.

Hard to talk about moving Ariza when we are in the thick of a playoff run and he is a key piece. I know what my head says....but the heart is with this team...during the playoffs.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

He's from Dallas and rumors are he wants to be situated closer to family.

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

As much as I love LMA(longhorn's fan), this isn't going to happen. Morey isn't going to break up a championship team. :)

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

like Wesley Mathews. ;-)

5. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Could we not build a trade around Kostas contract + Jones + fillers (Dorsey, Pablo, etc)?

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Not enough money. That amounts to around 8 or 9 M.

7. cyberx

cyberx Member

Yessir

8. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

Quite frankly Dallas makes more sense and they can/will have the space to sign him outright.

I think Ariza is too critical to our team anyway.

9. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Aldridge S&T for Ariza, KPap, combo of DMo/Jones/picks
    Re-sign KJ using Q0 +MLE if necessary
    Re-sign Smith to 120% of this year's salary
    Re-sign Brewer with Early Bird Rights
    Re-sign Bev with Bird Rights
    Re-sign Terry to minimum
    Sign Scola to minimum

C- Howard/Capela/Dorsey
    PF- Aldridge/Smith/Scola
    SF- Brewer/KJ
    SG- Harden/Terry
    PG- Beverley/Prigioni/Johnson

Still have whatever is left of MLE and NOP/Knicks pick to get some wing depth

NASTYYYY

10. spankz141

spankz141 Member

I'm sure the Rockets would ask Aldridge to take a pay cut. He has made enough money...he wants to be closer to home and win. Plus no state taxes, I think he would sign for $15-$18 million.

11. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

All of this sounds great if the Rockets were in the MLB.

12. rockbox

Lull/Beverly/Nick Johnson
    Harden/Lull/KJ
    Brewer/KJ/draft pick or minimum guy
    LMA/Smith/Scola
    Howard/Capella

We may be able to keep Jones or Dmo, but I bet we trade which one we get to keep for some wing help.

13. FANfrom86toNow

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pazonwa

Add in the Pels pick and even the NY pick. Just saying, anything is possible. Resign, trade, cut, coaching staff, etc. Don't forget to add in your Scolascoop to the mix afterwards.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Member

Not necessarily.

A five year max from Portland this off-season could be less than a one year 15 m deal with the rockets followed by a four year max under the exploding cap figures.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Aldridge - meh - I would rather roll with Jones and DMo - and let's make sure Dwight's knee will even hold up.

And Lars is right, makes a great point, guys taking 1 year deals have a chance to make a LOT more the next year.

DD

16. rockbox

Jason Terry is an expiring so it's not going to happen.

17. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Terry is a free agent after this season is over. For your scenario to work, Terry would have to be sign-and-traded near his current salary (which he would most likely accept since he won't make close to that money on the open market). The question is if Portland is willing to pay Terry that much. Possible, but not likely

18. FANfrom86toNow

Yeah true, do we have any rights to resign him to his current salary, non-guaranteed, just to use as a trade chip so that Portland can cut him and then we hire him as an assistant coach? lol The CBA is not my strong suit since I haven't studied it.

19. zaam

zaam Member

Well, probably not Bull**** in this particular case. Cyberx mentioned this privately several days before the LMA article broke.

Not saying there's anything to it, but in fairness to Cyberx, he absolutely did not get this info from the newswire.

20. newAge_Rockets

Holy ****

It all makes sense now.

Early in the season or last offseason, LMA makes it known that he would be interested in coming to Houston.

Morey realizes that he would need to include Ariza in a trade to make the numbers work.

Morey trades for Corey Brewer, a very capable Small Forward that agrees to waive his player option for next year. Expiring contract.

Morey makes trade for young, high upside KJ McDaniels that has expiring contract.

Morey executes sign and trade with Portland centered around Ariza, Papaniko's unguaranteed 5 million dollar contract, and D-Mo for LMA.

Smith signs cheap, sweetheart deal because he's comfortable here, and he'll still be getting that Detroit money.

Rockets go over the cap to re-sign Brewer and McDaniels, using their bird rights.

Rockets package T Jones in deal with #18 overall pick to select best guard.

I don't know how or if Llull or Beverley play into this...and I may be wrong but don't shoot me down Clutchfans I'm riding HIGH.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.