1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

But they just said theyre not going over the cap this summer?

2. Misigns

Misigns Member

[​IMG]

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

LMA D12 and Beard. Yes Please

4. larsv8

larsv8 Member

In order for that to happen, either Ariza or Dmo/Jones will have to be dumped. Any idea which?

5. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

That is interesting, the rockets can get him if Aldridge lists the rockets for his top trade team.

6. MFG16

MFG16 Member

Thanks for the bomb Cyberx. As for Aldridge, I'll wait to see how far this team goes this postseason before wanting Aldridge or not. This news almost confirms the news report about Aldridge leaving Portland though. Would bet money he ends up somewhere in Texas, if not us.

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Send Jones back home along with Dmo. Keep Smith as a backup. Surely more needs to be done than just that to make the numbers work.

8. The Stig

The Stig Member

Holy F. Screw the salary cap, go get LMA! Les, the fans will fund the difference if you get LMA and KD.

9. cyberx

cyberx Member

Asked a Lakers source if they will be interested and it seems not.

They feel he is just a little too old now to build around, they would rather move forward with Randle.

Rockets are in it for now.

So teams with salary cap are more likely to offer max deals if they are ready to win now.

1 person likes this.
  10. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Bull****, cyberx trolling after that article came out about Aldridge possibly leaving.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am guess salary-wise you could move Ariza+Kpap+(Jones or DMO) in a forced S&T. I'd kinda hate to lose Ariza, but I don't see any other way to really make the math work.

12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yes please. Stick it to the mavs again after we steal away their home town guy.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think LMA turns 30 this year.

14. newAge_Rockets

Cyber doesn't troll. We all know Morey would do anything and everything if he thinks it makes the team better. And there's no question, if Aldridge shows interest in playing here....ya go get em.

15. MFG16

MFG16 Member

This has Cuban written all over it, especially if the Rockets are even the slightest interested. Wouldn't even be surprised if Morey says he wants Aldridge just to jedi mind Cuban into making another potential mistake.

16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Member

cyberX, again thanks for the info.

If you could or know anyrhing, I'm curious about the scenes that transpired in Dallas. I want the behind the scenes gossip :grin:

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

At what cost? Seriously. It sounds great, getting LMA, but how would it all shake out? I'll admit to becoming quite attached to the team we have now, including the guys out with injuries. Might be nice to see what they can do next season, if keeping the bulk of the team together is possible. How do we fit LMA into the team's salary cap? Who stays and who goes? The salary cap isn't going to explode in size until the year after, right? Do we talk guys into signing what amounts to 1 year deals, so they can opt out and we can pay them? Figuring all that out is above my pay grade.

Thanks for the info, cyberx. :)-

#35017 Deckard, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  18. TMac'n

TMac'n Member

This is tough to decipher, I just can't see it happening here. Especially if Morey truly wants to keep Smith. Last night really proves he has the perfect chemistry with this team

I can see Cuban going all in though

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Cyberx, you mentioned the Lakers are going in a different direction and thus aren't looking at LMA. But have you heard of anything that is "connecting" LMA to the Rockets? Or just the general LMA is going to "look around to any team that is available?"

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think for a second it'll happen, but it's interesting to know that people are talking about it as a possibility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.