1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

After this, the only thing left for Morey to do is fire McHale and get a better coach.

2. dantian

dantian Member

:grin::grin::grin:

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Mirotic, Gibson, Dunleavy psh, lets not forget who Morey's really after here, thats right... Greg Smith! I'd love to get him back as a throw in, he can be our backup or 3rd string center.

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Jimmy butler please

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

zero, maybe less than zero if it was possible

6. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Nah you can't exercise his option then fire him a month later.. You have to atleast let him fail during the season. We have to be a little more realistic at this point.

7. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

So the rumor spreading now is a potential trade between the Rockets and Bulls so that the. Bulls can net Melo? I think we need to get on the ball with this trade.

Two packages I would love from the Bulls in exchange for the Lin and Asik TPEs would be:
    1) Lin and Asik TPEs and Jones for Boozer, Bulter and Dunleavy.
    - Boozer is a PF upgrade and an expiring that can be used to in a trade later on.
    - Bulter and Dunleavy provide wing depth - I won't match Parsons if I get Bulter

2) Lin and Asik TPEs and Jones for Boozer, Dunleavy and rights to Mitotic
    - Boozer is the same reasoning.
    - Match Parsons. He and Dunleavy make a good SF combination
    - Mitotic is a huge asset

I see option 2 being the most likely to happen since I believe CHI really doesn't want to trade Bulter but that may be the best scenarios for us. We get an expiring contract and stopgap at the PF in Boozer, wing depth and a huge asset in Mitotic. Match Parsons and we are a better team than we were last season.

But then we could explore more trade routes in the second option as well. If Love is still in Minnesota by the trade deadline then I can see a trade package ready from the Rockets. Boozer's expiring, Pelican pick and rights to Mitotic for Love?

Wistful thinking has us with a starting 5 of Beverley - Harden - Parsons - Love - Howard.

8. basketballholic

There are no trade exceptions at this time. The trades haven't been executed. Everything is still fluid. And if there were trade exceptions, you can't combine them.

9. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I would love both of these scenarios.

10. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Yeah, there is no way in hell that this was intended. Morey was sure he got Bosh, that`s why he did the Lin trade. Otherwise he might'Ve just let him finish his contract and use the pick.

But I don't think it's impossible for us to still get Melo. Let's be real, the chances are very very slim. But him not commiting to NY yet leaves a little hope. Chicago seems to go with Gasol. LA would be the same as NY (and do they even have capspace left?).

So he basically has three options: either go to Miami and revive the big 3. I don't think he wants to do that. You don't follow in LeBron's footsteps and I think he'd have to take a paycut.

Or he goes to Houston. All analysts said, Houston would have the best starting 5 with Bosh - I think they'd say the same with Melo. This would be his chance for a title, if he cares about that. He'd also have to take a paycut, but winning usually gets you some money...

Or he stays in NY. No real chance of winning (now that Love seems to be gone as well), but the best money and the best city. And he wouldnt be known as the guy that always quits on his teams.

I am 90% convinced he stays in NY. And 5% convinced he could still go to Chicago. Let's say 2% chance he ends up in Miami and 3% chance he gets to Houston.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Don't forget, if <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bulls?src=hash">#Bulls</a> sign Pau for $5 mil &amp; send Taj's mil somewhere else, they have $20 mil in cap space for Melo and Knicks get nothing.</p>&mdash; Mike McGraw (@McGrawDHBulls) <a href="https://twitter.com/McGrawDHBulls/statuses/487950282706268161">July 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Taj could go to Phoenix, Houston (if they hurry), Philly, lot of places. Doesn't have to be Jeannie's Lakers.</p>&mdash; Mike McGraw (@McGrawDHBulls) <a href="https://twitter.com/McGrawDHBulls/statuses/487950522469457920">July 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Point is, there are plenty of sign &amp; trade scenarios that benefit Knicks. Up to Carmelo to tell Phil he's not coming back.</p>&mdash; Mike McGraw (@McGrawDHBulls) <a href="https://twitter.com/McGrawDHBulls/statuses/487951583053742080">July 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Gasol knows what's going on. His alternative is MLE with Spurs or Thunder. Melo eyeing chance to play with Pau &amp; Taj.</p>&mdash; Mike McGraw (@McGrawDHBulls) <a href="https://twitter.com/McGrawDHBulls/statuses/487951997337743361">July 12, 2014</a></blockquote>

12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

No way I'm helping The Bulls get way better for Carlos Boozer. No thank you. That better come with Gibson and Dunlevy

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

There's no rumor, just speculation. King Drew hinted at something "big".

Melo's off the cards.

Woj reported the Bulls are trying to finalize a deal with Pau. They're also signing Mirotic and looking to re-sign Hinrich. The Bulls are way well over the salary cap.

Lakers offers of 11.5M/yr & 9.7M/yr deals were rejected by Pau. Yet Spurs offering Pau their MLE (starts at around 5M) and he's considering that.

Even at 5M the Bulls will need to move both Boozer and Gibson. Rockets don't have the cap space for both. Include Philly in 3 or 4 way deal?

14. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

This can't be right. It was said that even when the Bulls get rid of Boozer, Dunleavy, Butler and Gibson they would only have 22.46 million according to this guy:

http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/melo-plan-how-bulls-will-sign-carmelo-anthony

Now if they get Gasol for 5 million, that would leave 17.46 million for Melo - a lot of money to leave on the table (for Gasol as well). Only with sign and trades could that be done (and we would probably gladly to a 3 team trade with them and the Lakers for Gibson).

15. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Im still scratching my head as to why Morey would expose the possibility of losing Parsons like this by putting him out there, WHY? To say this backfired badly is an understatement.

1 person likes this.
  16. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Bulls can amnesty Boozer. It's the 16.8M out of their owner's pocket. Plenty of teams have the cap room to and will take Gibson for nothing.

It's the team who rings up to say we'll help your owner to take care of that 16.8M that'll get their business.

17. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

I want at least MDJ, Butler, and one of Gibson/Mirotic to take on Boozer.
    I want Wade to go to Chicago.
    I'm meh on a returning Parsons if these things happen.

18. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

1) Let Parsons find his value this year as an RFA with the ability to match, instead of getting him cheap one more year and risk losing him in UFA.

2) Sign 3rd guy with available cap space.

3) Match w/e Parsons get after cap space is used and open your 3 to 4 year championship window and hope for the best.

Step 2 was almost complete until greaseball stepped in and offered 5-year max to dinosaur.

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

If the Rockets help the Bulls to land Melo are the Bulls' pieces enough to land either Dragic or Kevin Love?

The Rockets don't have the cap room to absorb all these players so Boozer has to be redirected to the Sixers and that'll cost assets.

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Bosh isn't a moron, he just got $31,000,000 MORE than what he could have made here. He has two rings and most importantly, his wife is happy.

I don't blame him at all. He went to the mountaintop and now he's getting paid.

Also, Miami has something to offer other FAs in a good PF/Center to play with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.