1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quikkag

quikkag Contributing Member

maybe not

this may well be the thread that never dies

2. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

It'll probably be dead until offseason.

3. Play07

Play07 Member

I'm back... But my idea of bringing K.MART

1. is for him to be 6th man, get bev & hardens back up mins, that should be 30mins a game, we will officially have the best bench in the league.

2. To stick it to OKC... get Kmart back for a 1 1/2 year and still have harden.

3. Get a guy that can score/playmake off the bench consistently & efficient.

4. Scores more than dragic, can't leave this summer, cheaper, great player for our 3pt system.

5. Get harden even more, rest going into playoffs

6. Terry mins only one suffers, he can be dealt with whatever pick is left of it comes down to it.

7. trade Pappa, shevd, & N.O pick or NY 2nd...

bev/kmart/terry
    Harden/Kmart
    Ariza/brewer
    Dmo/smith/jones
    Howard/Dmo

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

It will explode with buy-outs and returning CBAers. Then, perhaps, it will quiet 'til latter April?

BTW - - brilliant move by Clutch keeping this open to absorb a million worthless threads (into one [mostly] worthless one).

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Even if we did bring Martin here Harden would still average 35+a game. He is a young SUPERSTAR .

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I agree with this. I like KMart and would happily take him as a 6th man but he does nothing to solve our problem of having a true ball distributor outside of Harden. As much as I like KMart, there is a reason he has averaged less than 2 assists a game for his entire career.

7. Play07

Play07 Member

I agree he didn't solve that TRUE PG problem, but him being able to score, knock down shots will help the ball movement flow easier which will lead to more team assist & he already has experience playing with brewer & being coached by mchale.

We would still have assets to get a TRUE PG, but moving Bev to bench doesn't help us & bev is a on & off type player but at the end of the day him being in that starting unit works for the team based off results. He just needs to have his mins go down.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The draw of Martin is that he would come cheap, is paid cheap and he leaves us with other assets to trade for a pg upgrade.

I am all aboard the Martin bandwagon. I just don't know if there were bridges burned when he left.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lowry would of been so perf, oh what could have been. Imagine if we signed Lowry instead of Ariza and then matched Parsons.

Lowry, Beverley
    Harden, Terry
    Parsons, Brewer
    Motiejunas, Smith
    Howard, Jones

We'd be so beasting right now.

10. Play07

Play07 Member

Yes !!! He's cheap and we have him for a 1 1/2 and could keep other assets !! He will shoots 40% plus from 3, let him come in and bomb away. less 3s brewer, smith, jones will have to take with bench unit.

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

If we're gonna go for Kevin Martin we may as well try and grab Mo Williams and Dieng, that way we have a legit bench player for every position.

Kpap, Shved, Capela, Canaan and the NOP pick. For Kmart, Mo and Dieng

This bench would be ridiculous.

Mo Williams
    Kevin Martin
    Corey Brewer
    Josh Smith
    Dieng

With Terry and Tjones too

12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Only I don't think Minney is desperate to unload Martin and really likes Dieng
    So would you rather also include Tjones or include Terry and take back a bad contrat like Budinger.

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Just remembered Shved can't be traded back to Minnesota

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

**** Mo Williams after last year

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

French?

16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. I must have upset you during a previous post

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Another lopsided trade in our favor.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Martin didn't really work out as a 6th man type in OKC, I mean he didn't have this huge impact.

I know OKC expected more of him...to basically replace Harden...but still, I'm not sure how much it will help. He certainly is a good shooter and won't go through cold streaks for long but still...I'd be wary of getting him back.

19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah. You're probably right. What if we included Tjones?
    I'm sure mo and Martin wouldn't be that important to Minny
    So basically would they part with Dieng for Tjones and NOP pick. Dieng is really a center and they're already committed to Pek contract wise. Jones could be the natural 4 they try to bring up with Rubio and Wiggins.

20. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

**** man, if he could come here and average 14ppg while shooting 43% from 3 I'd be really happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.