1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoonieMac10

MoonieMac10 Member

Mo Williams would to Houston would be awesome. If he can be gotten for a 2nd rounder im all for it. Could legitimately run the 2nd unit. Would probably have to get rid of Shved to make room though.

2. kemah

kemah Member

loo

I read up some as was wondering about Haddadi and why he was in China and not the NBA.

He is too slow for the NBA and picks up fouls quickly. He was considered maybe the best 3rd string Center in the league though. Also he would show up to camp out of shape and struggled to get back into shape. He would be sent to Dleague and barely make it back.

He sounds like he belongs in China.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Personally I don't think he is a terrible option. He would be overpaid for the 20 mpg we need him for, but I think his shooting percentages would come back up on the Rockets. He is shooting a ton of long range jumpers this year compared to last year. His average shot distance has increased from about 6 feet last year to 10 feet this year and his shooting has dropped off as a result.

He finishes well around the basket and he is very good offensive rebounder. Sure he isn't a stellar defender but beggars can't be choosers. I think if the Lakers are willing to trade him away cheap then it's a valid option. Also I have no idea how a move like this might change our salary cap for next year.

4. basketballholic

Yeah I know those reports. Go watch him toasting Mozgov and then ask yourself is he slow? He may be slow end to end but he's got quick moves. Besides if he didn't have any weaknesses he'd be making 10-20 million a season in the Association. I've seen him play enough that I'm convinced he belongs in the league. Out of shape? LoL. Keep reading reports instead of observing for yourself. That's how to make sure you don't find any hidden gems. Haddadi, like Hassan, is better than half the backup centers in the league.

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

That's fair re: DMo. He is shooting better, though he still isn't a "shooting threat". He generally only shoots from one spot on the floor (corner), and only if his feet are set and he's left wide open. I don't think we can call him a "shooter" yet, but he's certainly showing the potential to add it to his game.

Mirotic OTOH, is a proficient shooter. He's taking 6 3-point attempts per 36, and making 36% of them. He's just a 24 y/o in his first year in the NBA, so I expect he will only improve there. Also, he's a natural face up player/cutter, which I think is a better fit with Dwight.

A trade for Mirotic is a trade for the future. I think he has star potential, or if not, "super role player" potential in the same vein as Parsons and Ibaka. That is worth what you lose in the short term from Ariza.

Ariza is somebody I want if we believe Dwight can be himself soon. If not, the timeline for this team should be reset by another couple of years and we need to start acquiring young talent to grow with Harden. An Ariza (plus other players I'm sure) for Mirotic trade is just that.

We can be patient because we have Harden signed for another 3 years beyond this one. It's not that we shouldn't try to win in the playoffs, but we need to recognize that without a center of Dwight's caliber, we won't make it to the finals.

I agree that if Dwight's prognosis isn't good, we should pull out of most trade talks (save any that bring back a young player at the right price....unlikely). That means no Dragic or Lawson. Maybe someone like Otto Porter Jr., Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, or Nik Stauskas.

6. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

DMO can hold his own at center providing decent defense while tjones and smith can add the weak side support in the form of blocks etc. the centers in this league aren't that great thank God. We can compensate elsewhere, ie pg , a backup big etc IMO

7. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Lol. I know but just writing what I read on him. He couldn't get play because they had Thabeet ahead of him needing his minutes. I laughed at the report that said he had a big ego like any doesn't in the NBA.

The reason I remember him is a couple years ago I was wondering who this no name pos was that was kicking our azz. (He really was) Strange he is in China as I thought he would be on a team here or Euro. I am thinking Les could make a call and get that passport thingy straightened up.

8. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Rockets won't win the title unless they get another playmaker. A contender for sure, but not a serious one.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mac understands.

We ask [James] to do probably too much. I wish we had more guys that could make plays to alleviate pressure from him. That's why Josh has been good.

<iframe width="506" height="285" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kJkVYwAZQe0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Fantasma Negro

Jones is that playmaker. Let him get comfortable in the floor again like he did last season and then watch him take over games. Dmo is good enough offensively to give most centers a tough assignment, and Jones with his new muscle and gigantic hands can hold the five on defense like he did against Tyson Chandler. Those two playing together and Smith having an occasional big game will ease the void of Dwight being off the floor.

11. RV6

RV6 Member

[​IMG]

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]
    Kevin McHale would disagree.

:p

13. Fantasma Negro

But if Dwight is out for the season I'd throw that first rounder and Capella at Minnesota for Pekovic

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dwight ain't out for the season. RV6 was just getting folks worked up in a tizzy the other night. :p

This is just something he'll have to deal with best he can.

Played 10 of the first 11
    Missed 11 straight
    Played the next 22
    If he misses 3 weeks (or through the all-star break) as speculated, he will have missed 9 games.

First game after the break is February 20th vs. Dallas

That wear and tear ain't going away.

#23174 J.R., Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  15. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Agree. 3-4 weeks TJ will be our starting PF again.

16. Harden4heisman

Anybody have any thoughts on shelvin Mack, asking because I'm not sure.
    I feel like I remember him having a good series and playing well against Indiana last year and I think we could get him for cheap. Just a thought but it may have been a flash in the pan and nothing more, just looking for more insightful knowledge on him.

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Our lack of disciplined play leads to turnovers this is why I don't respect Mchale as a coach. This team has no control of itself it any way.

18. xiki

xiki Member

"Close, but no 'cigar'."
    (signed) Arnold A.

19. xiki

xiki Member

Rotoworld's 2nd is available?

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

We're lucky we had DMo to bail us out tonight. Just another game that proves Harden needs some help in the backcourt.

I know we've been through this before, but there's just something intriguing about Rubio. I think Plow mentioned that they wanted the NOP 1st, DMo, Johnson, and another future pick. Maybe they would settle for NOP 1st, TJones, Johnson, and the NYK 2nd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.