1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Sounds like some awesome ROI on the 4 spot, including J Smith.

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Having Jones and D-Mo NEXT YEAR on a one-year deal with restricted FA rights the following Summer on a combined salary right at the mid-level is extremely high value to say the least (And that's not even assuming they will get even better by next year).

If the Rockets think in the future they will need to either upgrade the PG spot, backup 5 spot, or add another high caliber wing, the time to do it would be between now and February of 2016 obviously.

Take advantage of the window of opportunity to add to your roster longterm before D-Mo & Jones get paid. I just really don't understand the reasoning for people wanting to constantly add D-Mo & especially Jones to every damn trade proposal. Use this year to round out your roster better longterm.

3. finsraider

finsraider Member

With the injury to Wade, you've got to believe that PHX is on the phone with Miami right now about Bosh. Something like the LA 1st, Bledsoe, Warren, and Plumlee would be a great return for Miami.

Dragic / Thomas
    Green /
    Tucker / Marcus
    Bosh / Markieff
    Len / Wright

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Bosh would be a great fit in Phoenix.

5. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Bima: Based on the current cap projections, how are the Rockets looking in terms of fitting in Durant's max contract and having a serviceable team around him, Harden and Dwight?

6. Progs

Progs Member

Jose Calderon to Houston. I predict.

7. basketballholic

Doesn't Bosh have a no-trade clause?

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

I don't think so. Wade does. Obviously that would change things dramatically.

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Typical clutchfans trade. Doesn't have to make sense for the other teams, as long as it makes Houston better. So why would the Knicks not do a straight up trade with the cavs for Love? And to answer your response, No that package is not better to rebuild with than Kevin Love.

10. BabySeal

BabySeal Member

Is there actually a chance we could get Jimmy Butler? Why would Chicago give him up, and who would we trade for him?

11. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

No.

No reason.

We'd trade James Harden for him and Aaron Brooks.

12. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

You've fallen under bbhollic'c spell! Snap out of it!

13. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

I dont really think Love is a peice you can really build around. His time in Minny proved that to me. He seems to be a really good role player.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yep. Anytime you want to conjure up a 3 team trade, the first question you should always ask yourself is, why wouldn't those other 2 teams just trade with each other.

New York would jump on getting Love over the Rockets package of meh assets. You guys definitely underestimate how important to the BUSINESS side of the basketball it is to have stars in your organization... no matter how polarizing they might be.

And there is very little reason for New York to trade Melo right now, and all indications are he's NOT been open to waiving his no-trade clause. Its very rare to see teams just swap stars like that. More times than not, it just makes more sense to stick with the devil you know, and retool around them. This Summer Morey could have flipped Harden for Love (Like posters here wanted to do) but it made more sense for Morey to retool around Harden and Dwight rather than trade Harden for another star, and start all over. Kind of GM'ing 101 if you have a star already. Don't trade him if you don't have to.

#22994 dobro1229, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Not if he wants to stay married he won't

Love wouldn't re-sign

16. finsraider

finsraider Member

Well obviously it makes sense for Cleveland.

New York? The trouble with sending Love to New York is that

1) he's not a transcendent player. Other players aren't going to flock to NY because they have Love.

2) he can leave next year.

Maybe they disagree, but I don't think NY is going to see a massive influx of top quality free agents this summer. They may throw ridiculous money at the Josh Smiths of the world, but they aren't getting LMA/Marc Gasol/etc. Maybe their grand plan is to give Rondo a max contract (LOL).

If they care about winning, trading Melo for rebuilding pieces is probably their best option.

17. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Would be happy with that. Shot close to 45%3P last year in Dallas. Decent assist numbers with low turnovers.

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

You assume that Kevin Love wants to be in NY.

I think sometimes you are too focused on the teams' motivations and not the players. In the trade I suggested, Melo isn't going to Cleveland unless he wants to (no-trade clause) and Love isn't going to NY unless he wants to (expiring contract). My assumption is that Melo wants to play with Lebron more than he wants to be in NY and Love doesn't want to be in NY. I'm also assuming that NYK is ready to rebuild (they've already got the losing part down). Could be wrong of course, but we don't know either way.

As I said before, IF a trade of this magnitude happens, there won't be a preamble. It will just happen via WojBomb. So we all have to guess at motivations. Who knew Harden was going to be traded? You may say that was the exception and not the rule, but anytime a star gets traded you are dealing with an exception.

19. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Do you not know how many “La La’s” are currently in line to take her place if she were to be stupid enough to leave him because he wants to win a championship requiring him to leave New York?

They’ve been together for a long time & have a family together. Packing up and moving, period, let alone to another city/state, is stressful. But through it all, his wife would support him.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am sure that is one of Morey's backup plans.

Seems Morey could do a Kpap+Shved or Terry+Shved for Calderon deal whenever he wants.

I am kind of meh on Calderon and am hoping for something a bit more.

The one benefit of JC is, the team would get a true passing PG without having to give up any real key assets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.