1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

I've learned to disregard all of the crazy fan made trades that people post on this forum.. nothing is valid until cyberx.

ALL HAIL CYBERX.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Since bbholic heard from another guy that heard from another guy that heard from another guy on Twitter that heard from someone on instragram that Jimmy Butler was posting stuff in a red shirt.

1 person likes this.
  3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i doubt we can even land butler's online butler jeeves

4. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Butler went tomball... you realize that there are literally hundreds of people from Houston that went to school with him and hundreds more that knows someone he went to school with

Why is what he said unbelievable.

Butler very well could want to come to Houston ... No state tax no blizzard of a winter. I am not saying its true but don't just blow it off because someone says he knows someone that knows him. There are hundred of people in Houston that are in that situation

5. Nook

Nook Member

The Bulls are not dealing Jimmy Butler during this season. They are trying to win a championship. Period.

Yeah... Except he begs to get back in the game when he is taken out. He is a horse that gets upset when he isn't playing.

Mike Dunleavy means more to the Bulls than Rockets. He is the only real 3 on their rotation that can do what he does. The Bulls are actually looking for another similar player to add to their team.

It is simple, the Bulls are in a win now mentality and will not be subtracting but adding short term talent.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Let's drop the Jimmy Butler b.s. Maaaaaaaaaaybe in the offseason, maybe, but even then I doubt it. Dude's about to be named an All Star and then Chicago trades him? Please.

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Jimmy frickin Butler?...:eek:

[​IMG]

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

That was last season. Terry has the role filled now.

9. Houston09

Houston09 Member

I went to school with him and still talk to him or his brother on occasion he loves Chicago.

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

and a true insider rises above the filth

/topic

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I've been to Chicago.

Why would you ever want to live there?

/thread

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So..... let's get this straight.

The Bulls, a contending team, stumbled upon one of their value role players turning into a superstar overnight AT A NEEDED POSITION, and now they want to trade him for a lesser player because????

Basketballholliclogic... The gift that keeps on giving to the GARM.

(But hey... he did predict that Hassan Whiteside would turn into a world beater, and Daryl spurned his advice foolishly so we should listen to him. Hows that Rubio , Ilyasova, Derrick Williams, Jason Smith, etc. etc. etc. etc. trade coming as well?)

13. Zbed

Zbed Member

The Bulls just beat GS too and have a good chance to come out of the East, I don't see them having a fire sale.

14. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

They did investigate trading him in off season ... Google butler trade. Obviously max money is the motivation for trading...

Maybe they changed their tune and will pay luxury tax to keep him

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't know if any of this Jimmy Butler stuff is true, but i wouldn't be shocked if any decent player dd not want to sign a long term contract with the Bulls. Their ownership have a horrible reputation, they have been very stingy, management has mistreated players and coaches, the team has even routinely frustrated their 5-star coach, and now Derrick Rose is clearly not the old Derrick Rose anymore.

To top it all off, they are not dominating the weakest conference we have seen in decades with a team that features a shockingly rejuvenated Gasol, DPOY Noah, Taj Gibson, newcomer Mirotic, Jimmy Butler himself, Derrick Rose, Dunleavy, Brooks, etc.

The prospect of being stuck there with those owners is not great, especially if you have the best 5 years of your career coming up.

I don't think the Bulls will let him go for less than $15m per season and I don't know if Butler wants to take the risk of waiting till he's unrestricted.

I would give him any amount of money we can offer.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yes, before he became basically a all-star caliber player overnight ala James Harden. This situation mirrored almost exactly what Presti did with James. How did that work out for him? (Maybe they are that dumb, but the fans probably shouldn't just sit around, hope and wait for billionaires to make stupid decisions.)

Butler has emerged this year and will certainly be a max contract player this offseason. The Bulls were worried he might not live up to max contract production if they kept him, and had to match a max offer. They worries are now consoled and he's definitely worth it to them to match.

The Bulls can trade Gibson or Mirotic anytime they want to if they are worried about money next Summer. As good as both of those guys are, they aren't what Butler means to that team now.

Rumors about the Bulls not agreeing with Butler's camp about extension terms back this Summer vs. now is a completely different world of argument. They aren't trading him. They might be more likely to trade Rose.

And yes... Chicago is a great city. Yes its cold as F in the winter, but Houston is hot and muggy in the Summer. You spend so little time in the actual city you play for nowadays its not even funny. You are gone in the offseason wherever you want to go, and during the season you are constantly on the road (mostly cold cities). If anyone says he's a Houston native and that's why he will push to come home, go talk to Dallas folks about Deron Williams, and Chris Bosh.

1 person likes this.
  17. basketballholic

Yeah, you're right. He was a first rounder.

Point remains though. If the cap only goes up to $66.5 million we should be able to create around $16 million of cap space or more with Butler's cap hold and everyone cleared out but Harden, Howard, Butler, DMo, and possibly one or both of Canaan/Johnson if they are still here.

18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I miss Oeilpere, Popeye and Doc on days like these.

You don't have to have a single NBA connection to understand that the Bulls ARE NOT getting rid of Jimmy.

The Bulls are looking to make progress. Getting rid of Butler is a regression.

Trade target? Okay, sure, every team would love Butler on their team. That does not mean he's available.

This is not a Luol Deng thing where the relationship gave out.

The Bulls are not going to give up a talent like Butler, who is also beloved in his city and makes his team competitive.

Stop.

There would have to be desperation on the Bulls.....last time I checked, they're sitting in 4th place with DRose getting his game back.

1 person likes this.
  19. basketballholic

Desperation doesn't only come in the form of losing games.

Let me be clear. I doubt this happens. In fact, I considered not putting Butler in my signature when I knew his situation was being watched. I think I've posted here before that there's no way on this green earth the Bulls trade him. And I still don't think it will happen. But we are watching the situation and if anything further negative develops with Butler and Chi-Town, Morey will try to make the trade.

20. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Butler being a first rounder doesn't change the fact that pulling his qualifying offer would have no effect on his cap hold. If Butler were a second rounder or undrafted, his cap hold would be $2.725 million (like Beverley's), still less than his free-agent cap hold amount. But your larger point about creating cap room has merit.

Unfortunately, the entire notion of the Rockets getting Jimmy Butler in trade is complete and utter horse****.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.