1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baubo

baubo Member

That the Rockets are keeping Dwight "coasting" seem to suggest this can be held off until the offseason. If so, for next year we can just let him recover until maybe 20 games left in the season and work him back in then even if worst case scenario, he gets microfracture. And that's worst case.

I mean, it sucks and all, and would explain why making DMo basically untouchable or probing Lopez. But overall even bad Dwight's still an all-star level talent. Just not the top-5/10 talent we expected 2 years ago.

2. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Bingo. Solves two issues!

3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Maybe cuttino is referencing cat. A former wildcat involved?

Love the cryptic stuff but i am terrible at it

4. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Josh Smith isn't from here and had no previous connection to Houston outside of being one of Dwight's best friends.

So who is still close with some of the Rockets players? Or the Rockets organisation?

As mentioned it could be Brooks but I could also see Courtney Lee or Camby.

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

You realize he has adapted some and has his fta up to 5.3 per game. While not elite it's still really good. As a sixth man he would thrive. He could take the ball out of hardens hands for stretches and would be electric playing off ball when harden is the de-facto pg.

He's also shooting 48% from 3 at 6 attemps per game. And an astounding ts% of .652 as well as 75% at the rim.

Got morey written all over him.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He'll get another contract. But any team would be insane to pay him max money if he has microfracture(or his knees are deteriorating). I hope the Rockets aren't so blinded by the prospect of letting a "big name" player like Dwight walk that they just hand him a large extension a year and a half from now.

Shoot, even if he doesn't get microfracture, you do not wanna lock up a ton of caproom in a physically deteriorating big man who's overly reliant on his athleticism(especially if this team doesn't win a few playoff series between now and his next contract).

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

LOL...Look what I found In Wikipedia about mentoring and wrecks.....:eek:

Playing for the Twolves at the moment could be considered a bad situation...:eek:

#22267 BamBam, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  8. basketballholic

Kevin Martin could very well be a part of a Rubio trade.

9. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

Tarik Black, Troy Daniels, Francisco Garcia, Omer Asik, Ronnie Brewer, Aaron Brooks, Omri Casspi, Robert Covington, Jordan Hamilton, Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons, Josh Powell, Greg Smith, Cole Aldrich, James Anderson, Daequan Cook, Carlos Delfino, Toney Douglas, Scott Machado, Marcus Morris, Tim Ohlbrecht, Patrick Patterson, Thomas Robinson, Jeff Adrien, Earl Boykins, Chase Budinger, Marcus Camby, Samuel Dalembert, Goran Dragic, Jonny Flynn, Courtney Fortson, Jordan Hill Courtney Lee, Kyle Lowry, Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Hasheem Thabeet, Terrence Williams, Shane Battier, Chuck Hayes, Jared Jeffries, Gerald Green.

Said in one breath ala Ace Ventura.

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

As long as Dmo, Ariza and Brewer are off the table I am okay with that trade

11. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

I'm sure we're all thinking about it, but Codman's posts about homecomings scream Dragic to me.

I still remember the day we got Dragic + a pick for Aaron Brooks...man, talk about an ascending stock.

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

And then passed on the PO and signed Lin instead. The Dragic + pick for Brooks is probably Morey's 2nd best move ever. Signing Lin instead of Dragic is probably his worst blunder.

13. cbk41

cbk41 Member

I wonder if he really thought Presti wouldn't let Harden go.

14. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Kevin martin & Rubio package would be interesting.

What would it take to get it done and for salaries to work?

JET, Kpap, Canaan, Shved & Nola Pick? Is that enough outgoing salaries? would it possibly be two separate trades with the Lin TE being the center piece for the Kevin Martin swap?

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So Dwight's screwed?

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm not sure we can put together a package that includes both of those guys coming back.

Schved can't be traded to the Timberwolves and neither can Brewer.

Looks like we come up a little short unless it morphs into a 3 team trade or a 10 player deal.

17. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Interesting.....Great work!

18. Play07

Play07 Member

would love kevin martin back here coming off the bench with brewer! Rockets are near tax line so it would have to be something like

timberwolves in: nyk 2nd, papa, shevd
    rockets in: k. martin

bev/terry
    harden/martin
    ariza/brewer
    dmo/smith/jones "still need a big to space floor"
    howard/dmo/Dorsey

still have N.O 1st for a P.G or Shooting big, but this is a solid vet team for playoffs if howard is healthy.

19. marky :)

marky :) Member

We should of just absorbed the Wolves into the Rockets at the beginning of the season. They have some fine role/bench players to go along with Harden and Dwight.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm reasonably sure that Shved cannot be traded to Minnesota.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.