1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. finsraider

finsraider Member

He's not a 2. He's 6'11".

He does not have "more upside than anyone in the NBA". There are lots of athletic freaks that never pan out. He's shooting 20% from 3 this season, and hasn't shot a single 3 in the last 5 games.

I'm not saying Giannis is available. I'm saying that we don't know who is available, and at what cost.

Before the Harden trade, I dismissed any chance of us getting him because I didn't think OKC would seriously consider trading him. I feel that way about Love right now. "They wouldn't seriously consider doing that".......yet there are pieces and signs. Love clearly seems disinterested, and they benched him in the 4th quarter of a game recently. The Rockets have a guy that could immediately jump into their starting lineup, improve their defense and give them something Lebron has never had......a player with an elite post game. In many ways, trading for Love would be similar to trading for Harden (though obviously with different motives)

NOP 1st = TOR 1st
    DMo/Beverley = Lamb/Martin
    NYK 2nd = Dallas 1st

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The Cavs gave up a lot to get Kevin Love. Even if it were the right thing to do, I don't think they'd pull the plug yet.

I agree with Morey and the big 3 bit, but no way I'd give up quite that much. Morey will get whomever shakes loose but a 1 seems more important than a 4.

BTW, Codman last season reported we were on the verge of acquiring a player (turned out to be Jason Smith). Then, Smith hurt, no deal. Things happen. But Codman didn't have to put up with cheap shots afterward.

This year? Trade bait TJ, hurt. Phoenix holding off to see if the playoffs can be reached. NO pick with unknown value until the team appears certainly out of the playoffs.

Hell, Batman Jones had frickin Morey as a source, saying we were indeed after a certain PG. But of course he too was run off.

Why not extend the same benefit of the doubt to Plowman and BJ? Deals seldom happen, but they get discussed. And the trade deadline isn't here yet anyway.

Good to see Codman back, but I don't know if he posted anything cryptic. Just happy-talk, maybe?

1 person likes this.
  3. basketballholic

Interesting. I'm pretty sure he's referencing Dragic. Wrecked in the 4th quarter is referring to a 23-point 4th quarter Dragic had against the Spurs in the 2010 playoffs.

4. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Kevin Love is not old, though.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

People that come in with "insider info" and have fun with it have a lot more going for them the way I see it. You come in like a pompous Ahole (not naming names but ...cough... Jopat) and you deserve a little less welcome positive perception.

Codman, Plow, Batman, DocRocket Etc might or might not have insider info but they seem to get it from an entertainment perspective.

At the end of the day guys and dolls ... It's for fun. They only have it at your expense if you take it seriously and get angry at them for lying to you.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

No you don't. This is why Cleveland is a mess right now, because they gave up an instant impact productive rookie on a cheap salary for a max salary because "they had to do it".

It's not just DMO vs Love that you have to think, it's DMO+Brewer+Ariza vs Love, because DMO's cheap salary is what allows you to have mid-level guys like Ariza and Brewer around. If Cleveland had kept Wiggins and used the Love money on somebody else (like say a starting C who could play D) they would have been so much better.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Codman, thanks for popping in.

So, #1, left handed, coming home. Sounds like Goran Dragic. :)

[​IMG]

8. gdinamite

gdinamite Member

Dragic and Marcus Morris?

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Was plowman banned or something?
    And is jtr ever coming back?

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Plowman's not banned. Probably just not taking the bait.

Jtr can stay gone as far as I'm concerned. As soon as he comes back he'll just get himself banned again, anyway.

11. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

That's not fair, they had Anderson Varejao in the lineup at the time and no holes at the center position. Revisionist history.

12. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

People still listening to that guy?

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Nope.

Of course.

14. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

why do ppl want love? we need a second playmaker people!

15. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

THIS exactly. If we got a Dragic or Lawson, and TJones comes back to form, we are set to make a serious playoff title run if we didn't give up any major rotation players to get either of them.

16. bratna8

bratna8 Member

So will thread be locked up SOON??? Perhaps after the trade deadline?

17. Spooner

Spooner Member

#fluid #soon

18. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

Not too good at this.....

But three team trade with:
    love to suns
    dragic to houston
    and whatever we give up to get love to suns?

I don't know, probaby already said

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We need more McDoggnic

20. CertifiedTroll

He only answers to his own pages

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.