1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I see this thread has reverted back to Rubio?

Give it a week...we'll be back on Dragic I bet. This thread rages on!

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

You said it yourself. We're offering spare parts. That's not going to net us a Lawson or Rubio. Why would these teams trade a young player showing signs of becoming a star for not so high picks and players who have showed less of that.

I see why people keep bringing up Dragic. He's not as young as Rubio so it may make sense for Phoenix get something for him since he's in his last year. But basically that's hoping a team that is currently in the playoffs with a young core is going to give up one of their best players for spare parts and not so high picks?? Not gonna happen.

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You know what else is not going to happen? Phoenix staying ahead of OKC in the standings when half the season is still left. Phoenix will not be making the playoffs and they have to know it.

4. Tuk88

Tuk88 Contributing Member

I don't understand why Rubio's name is even mentioned in any trade talk. He just signed an extension, and not only that, his shot looked markedly improved at the beginning of the season, in addition to him already regarded as a decent defender and by many as the best passer in the game in the last few decades. He was due for a breakout season before he got hurt, and everyone in the Minny organization feels it.

I think the only reason people mention Rubio is because they didn't realize he signed an extension after the season began, and once Minny's FO saw how much he had improved his shot, they paid him what he wanted (and was worth).

5. basketballholic

Not true. His extension makes him more valuable in a trade. Can't walk. Decent chance he is traded here.

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

They would be admitting that they know it if they do trade Dragic for mediocre package. They can say "let's keep fighting" and not worry about "what if" they had traded Dragic if he leaves this summer, because that "what if" is the 11th pick and Kostas or TJones. They're not going to lose sleep on that. And their core gets stronger by going through these battles.

Unless Dmo is involved, which Morey certainly will not include for a guy who's going to become a free agent, then nothing is going to happen between Phoenix and Houston. We simply wouldn't give them anything they want.

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Basketballholic, I seem to recall you have some educated posts. Not chirping here nor talking trash, but do you honestly feel that the Minnesota Front Office would give up a 24 year old point guard who has shown good potential, and while he has been injured still seemed to be improving, and is locked up for four years and will be able to grow with Wiggins, leaving them the potential to have two all stars?

And not only give him up, but give him up for an at best 11th pick in the draft, expirings, d-league stars, or guys that couldn't crack our rotation because of injuries or inconsistency??

C'MON!

Also Saunders just came out and said Rubio is too valuable to rush back, Rubio has a solid marketing team and fan base, and this kid has said all the right things about playing for Minnesota.

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

It's not about whether we have what Phoenix wants.....it's about whether we can get them what they want in a 3 team trade.

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Ha. That's so funny you wrote that. I was just about to write in a new post "UNLESS we can swing a three team trade". You're right. I thought about it and tried a few 3 team trade scenarios, though. And still, it would be extremely hard for us to execute a three team trade where Phoenix is happy to give up their best player, and us not including DMo. Only way I see it is if we toss in Dmo, or take on a bad contract from another team, which again I don't see happening knowing Morey and also knowing that we would have to give up a few key players we have as expirings like Terry or Brewer.

10. delishman

delishman Member

WOW. #PaywithPlow

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Trying different scenarios on trade machine. Still think our best bet is to include Dmo and get back a decent big man also.
    What about:

Houston gets Dragic and PPatt and Plumlee
    Phoenix gets Terrence Ross, Kostas, and Capela, + pick
    Toronto gets Dmo and Shved and Nick Johnson or Canaan! Pick

Also have a couple picks to sweeten the deal for either team. Toronto could do it cuz Ross is expendable and Dmo could be wanted to team with JV for their front court. Phoenix does it because they get a young swing man with potential and some picks. We lose Dmo but our improvement in the backcourt exceeds the drop off in the front court with the addition of Ppat and Tjones returning.

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

It's hard because we don't know what teams want and how they really view their own players. For example, everyone believes the Greek Freek is untouchable. What if he isn't?

HOU In: Dragic, Ilyasova
    HOU Out: Capela, NOP 1st, Papa, Terry, Canaan

MIL In: Capela, NOP 1st, Papa, Canaan
    MIL Out: Giannis, Ilyasova

PHX In: Giannis, Terry
    PHX Out: Dragic

13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

My goodness, this thread has become a beast. I can't tell if someone was even able to "page CyberX" haha. Maybe it was the surgery I had, but I couldn't keep up with this one. My Xmas was nice though. Washington D.C. is a fun place and Rasual had some nice memories of Cat. I still remember how Cat WRECKED teams in the 4th quarter from the left side. One of my favorite Rockets ever. Moochie owes that paycheck to Cat and Stevie lol.

Anyway...

Gotta love how James is playing. Gotta love how J Smoov came home to his AAU buddy. Gotta love Brewer coming home to Kevin McHale, though we all disagree about the right coach for this team. Gotta love JetJason resetting time and playing well for us, coming close to home, even though Dallas is ...well, I'd rather not say. (Hi, Chandler. This Ariza guy has some pretty dope intangibles and isn't branding himself) That's just my personal opinion...loved Chandler before he allowed the Cuban Cigar to intoxicate him with money and an arena.

Houston is home to the best fans, best center of all time and home to the MVP of the season.

Home is where the heart is. We're just missing one or two guys at home.

It always feels good to come home, but you immediately miss your youth.

Let's get some revenge on Golden State this week!

One love.

#22093 Codman, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
    2 people like this.
  14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I liked this reading this.

Deserves its own thread.

15. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Hakeem confirmed to sign as backup center.

16. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

I rather have Greek freak over Dragic. Much higher potential.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

One love. Home is where the heart is.

[​IMG]

Missing your youth.

[​IMG]

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Rep'd.

Good post man. Need some optimism here. It is after all just sports, no real life and death drama like people seen in everyday's lives.

20. rockets belle

rockets belle Member

Love!!!

We need more positive vibes. I have nothing against constructive criticisms but some of the negativity is getting exasperating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.