1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hooroo

hooroo Member

That could happen tough schedule coming up for the Suns in a couple of weeks.

2. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Don't be so sure that the Lakers or Knicks will give Dragic an offer of near max. They might not think he is worth that. The Lakers for sure want a superstar. I believe they're putting their $$ in for Durant in 2016.

3. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Ok I went back over and read bima'so article and I don't think I'm incorrect in saying if we release all players we don't have committments to plus trade jones and Capella for no salary we can create 15-16mm in space. I think bima's 7.6mm number assumed brewer kept his PO.

4. gregas

gregas Member

Yeah, I don't think he'll get hid full max either. That would be nearly 18 mil, but he'll have no problem getting 12-14. He's an asset at that price.

5. derp

derp Member

Phoenix just traded for Brandon Wright so they aren't going to trade Dragic at all this season. They are going hard for the playoffs so I guess we can stop talking about him.

He isn't going to happen.

6. newAge_Rockets

Not because I like the guy, but I think it makes too much sense that Jose Calderon becomes a Houston Rocket. He'd be cheap since the Knicks are having a fire sale, and for the most part he'd fit very well into our team philosophy.

7. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Nope. The $7.6 million figure assumes that Brewer is already gone.

Even with Jones and Capela moved for $0 in return, you're still only looking at about $10.2 million in room. Again, assuming a $66.5 million projected cap.

You might be forgetting about Beverley's higher qualifying offer/cap hold and incomplete roster charges.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

I'll reassess after this stretch.

[​IMG]

9. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Man my math must be terrible now. What am I missing? Or what is bev's cap hold? Shamsports has his cap hold at 950k.

Howard - 22.4
    Harden - 15.7
    Ariza - 8.2
    Jones - 2.5
    Dmo - 2.3
    Capella - 1.2
    Dorsey - 1
    Bev - 1
    Canaan - .9
    Johnson - .8

That's roughly $56mm or 10m and change in space. If you move jones and Capella that's an extra 3.7m. 3 roster spots assuming we actually sign a player with cap space. What's wrong with my math?

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

You want to pay him this year. And next. And the next after that? I might be ok with this year and even next, but the one when he's 47?

11. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Please re-read both my article (which mentions Beverley's inevitable increase in cap hold to $2.725 million for meeting the "starter criteria" for a bigger qualifying offer) and my post above (which mentions that you may not have accounted for incomplete roster charges).

12. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

That is rough.

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Interesting thinking here. This being more likely than getting the carcass of D-Williams for $60M. Yikes!

14. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

Would you be opposed to Deron Williams if we got to keep both the New Orleans and NY Knicks picks and even added the Nets 2015 2nd rounder (I think they still own this pick)?

I'd prefer Jarrett Jack, but might be open to it if we could complete the trade without including Corey Brewer and got to keep all of our picks.

15. alin86

alin86 Member

Do you think there is change Miami trade D Wade?

expiring contracts, T Jones, NOP's 1st for Wade may good deal for both

16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I wouldn't see Miami trading Wade ever. He's pretty much locked in there (probably play out career there), also I think his production is only going to go down from here. He took a discount to stay there pretty much. I mean he opted out and took less money...

17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Hell no, he'll retire a Heat player.

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

that was 2 days ago, a month ago he wouldnt have been saying "we're winning" lol

19. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Forget that stretch. When do they play the Pistons? :grin:

20. gregas

gregas Member

Really? Where's the interview? The last time I heard him, he said he was happy with how everything was going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.