1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Did that ****er Carlos boozer us? I thought us trading Lin was contingent on signing that 3rd player.

2. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Yep.. We got Boozerd.

3. forchette49

forchette49 Member

I hear ya, but King Drew tweeted about some "biiiiiig development" a few hours ago and "didn't want to jinx anything" so I would HOPE that it had more to do with simply being a 3rd wheel in getting Melo to CHI and landing Boozer or something...

4. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Yea, I fully believe he waffled on us.

5. roe4christ

roe4christ Member

We could come out of this looking pretty good. All I can say right now without getting myself into some trouble. Go to bed and get some rest. Tomorrow is a new day. Were not done yet.

1 person likes this.
  6. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

can you post the tweet please?

7. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I just want to know one thing. Are the Rockets putting themselves in position to get some bench depth? I'm not asking about how good the player(s) will be or are. I just want to know about bench depth.

8. forchette49

forchette49 Member

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Boozer would come with Dunleavy, Mirotic or Butler. That is a biiiig development, that would improve our roster imensly. Boozers contract and Mirotic might become really valuable by the trade deadline, maybe valuable enough for a Rondo or Love trade.

Never the less Boozer would help us win now by filling our weakest position, and come with really nice assets we could possibly flip down the road.

Beverley/Brooks/Canaan
    Harden/Daniels/Johnson
    Parsons/Dunleavy
    Boozer/Jones/Mirotic
    Howard/Boozer

Is a very good roster, fill our biggest needs, PF and backup wing. We could also still use our MLE, BAE too.

1 person likes this.
  10. forchette49

forchette49 Member

Thanks a bunch, appreciate the response :)

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

So, here's my somewhat convoluted theory as to the Melo situation. I think it is plausible because the Melo process has taken a long time so something convoluted may well be happening behind the scenes.

1) Melo prefers Chicago to NY as far as roster goes. The problem is that CHI doesn't have the cap room to pay him close to his max without a sign and trade with NYK or, alternatively, stripping down the talent level of the roster (Gibson, Dunleavy) and paying up to $16.8M extra to amnesty Boozer.

NY knows the situation and would not play ball with a sign and trade, especially not one involving them taking Boozer.

2) So, Melo must create some leverage to force NY's hand. NY will only help if Melo can credibly threaten to leave on his own-- and the threat of taking something like $14M per year from CHI is not credible.

3) This is where the Melo to Lakers rumors came from: Lakers had cap room to max out Melo. So, Melo says to NY, "trade me to CHI" or I sign in LA.

4) NY called his bluff, knowing that LA isn't in that much better a situation talent-wise than NY is. So, back to stalemate.

5) Next move from Melo's camp: come up with an unassisted option of getting Melo to CHI at near the max to create a credible threat. This involves a third team taking Taj and Dunleavy (giving no salary in return or only a small salary) with Boozer either traded or amnestied.

Melo says "I am leaving for CHI, even without Taj on the roster unless you sign and trade me because their roster is still better. A S&T can be mutually beneficial." NY capitulates, but still doesn't want Boozer, and in fact prefers young assets and picks to vets because they are now in rebuild mode (not entirely by choice).

So, we have HOU taking Boozer, Dunleavy and Taj, CHI sends future assets to NY, TJones or DMo to CHI, this allows CHI to offer a competitive salary to Pau to make up for the loss of Taj.

12. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Is roe4christ legit

13. forchette49

forchette49 Member

Thanks Nick, well thought out, the long view is so important. More so now then ever...

14. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Honestly, it's weird. He said he posted Thursday night that Lebron would announce his decision to the Cavs before 5pm Friday. How did he know that? Dan Gilbert, owner of the Cavs, didn't even know he landed Lebron until about 10 minutes before SI.com reported it. How can some random insider know where Lebron is heading? It's weird. I won't doubt him/her though. I don't want to run him or her off.

15. arjun

arjun Member

Gasol to bulls. Melo wants bulls so bulls need partner for dunleavy and Gibson

That's where we come in.

We trade for dunleavy and Gibson and give no salary in return...bulls get melo. We got our 4

16. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

guys ive been away so can anyone fill me in on who this drew guy is and if hes credible ...also whats the latest development..will rep thanks folks

17. forchette49

forchette49 Member

Seems that way, I would hate to think he would be catfishing us, that would be too sad to fathom IMO.

18. forchette49

forchette49 Member

Yes, King Drew, Doc Rocket, cyberx, and roe4christ seem to all have inside connections whether it be through agents or through the org itself.

Also, we may be in the mix now to facilitate a 3-team deal that gets Melo to Bulls. Reported interest in Deng, Ariza, Anderson, we would also LOVE to trade for Love or Rondo.

#198 forchette49, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I'd be real cool if we do with this and resign Parsons. Dunleavy isn't a starting 3 but a solid back up.

20. roe4christ

roe4christ Member

Thanks. I've been allowed to get some sleep. A lot of these guys are going to be pulling an all nighter. Will not know anything else for a few hours. Rest comfortably. I have confidence in these guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.