1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cyberx News] Rockets among teams trying to trade for Bledsoe

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Aug 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I swear If Morey can get one of (Dragic/Rubio/Bledsoe/Rondo) AND Faried, I would personally give Morey the Ccorn treatment. Trade the whole barn, I don't care. Jones, Beverley, Motiejunas, Papanikolaou, Capela, Johnson, Canaan, Pelicans 1st, Rockets future 1st, rights to Lull and Gentile. If we could get one of those 4 point guards and Faried, I would be about damn near as happy as I would have been if we had gotten Bosh and retained Parsons.

I'd also feel the same way if we could get Milsap and a PG.

2. Normalus

Normalus Member

Adrien have no 3pt range and inconsistent from mid-range (and our system don't use it at all), and Dorsey has no range at all, he would hinder Dwight in the post, and that's all. Sure I would take Motiejunas any given day and twice on Sunday.

3. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I would want Faried in the case we had to lose Jones.

PHX gets Jones, Papa, 2nd, etc
    DEN gets NOP pick
    HOU gets Bledsoe S&T, Faried.

Need someone to replace Jones.

4. rocketseagles07

As ? much as I love farieds game he really doesn't fit with our offense besides him running the floor. You guys want a better "stretch 4" than T Jones but want faried? Huh

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

I like it. Good job.

Since you're getting a PG and PF, I could see us including DMo and Canaan (if necessary).

If you can get a stretch 4 like Ilyasova with the Lin TPE, then you can do as BBH suggested and play Faried as more of a 3rd big.

I think it's feasible. Denver was shopping Faried last year for a 1st or young player. They don't have anyone like DMo on their roster

Bledsoe / Beverley
    Harden / Daniels
    Ariza / Harden
    Faried / Ilyasova
    Howard / Faried

6. finsraider

finsraider Member

Also, don't forget about Lamarcus Aldridge. If Portland collapses and it looks like LMA will walk next summer, Faried and his pending restricted free agency may look attractive. Faried + Beverley + Capela + whatever else we have could look somewhat attractive in a 3 team trade.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

8. baubo

baubo Member

I personally don't like Faried much either, but he does add rebounding which we sucked at last year. Gave up way too many offensive rebounds. Faried's also active, which mitigates his lack of shooting ability. Jones doesn't really move like Faried, at least from what I've seen.

I would personally trade for Faried if it doesn't cost much. Either DMo or Jones straight up, or Capella+2nd round pick. Something of that level. Not sure how much Denver wants. He does become quite expensive next year though, so they may not want to pay him.

9. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

So Bledsoe, Harden, and Howard.

Does that rival OKC'S big three?

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

By the way, whoever brought up the idea of a partially guaranteed 3rd year....I like it.

Give Bledsoe the max for two years, and then a tradable partial guarantee on the 3rd year.

Year 1: 14.7
    Year 2: 15.4
    Year 3: 16.1 ($7 guaranteed)

So his contract is either 2 years $37.1 or 3 years $46.1. He gets a max contract over 3 years or "super-max" over 2, and the Rockets get flexibility. Assuming the worst, we can unload his year 3 contract with a 1st round pick (similar to Lin) to clear space for Durant in 2016.

Obviously this won't work if Bledsoe is dead set on the absolute max. I think it's a reasonable compromise, and puts him in a similar tier as Parsons.

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

No, but it inches you closer. If you improve at PF, then you're in that conversation.

12. traveler

traveler Member

lo

Morey won't do more than 2 years.

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

Because he wants flexibility for Durant. He'd still have that with a partial guarantee for the 2016/2017 season. We'd have our 1st to trade with Bledsoe, and we'd probably have to trade the 1st anyway to keep room open for Durant.

It's a good compromise.

14. traveler

traveler Member

lol

Not if he gets injured again and his history shows he probably will. The reason Morey offered 2 years was because he was injury prone. 2 year max is even a gamble.

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

Even if he's injured, he's worth something for his partially Non guaranteed contract.

We traded a 1st to get rid of Lin's $8.3 million cap and $15 million salary.

We'd be trading a 1st to get rid of Bledsoe's $7 million guarantee, but with the added benefit of being able to leverage his $16.1 million cap figure. He would be tradable, even with a career ending injury.

16. traveler

traveler Member

lol

Or stuck with him and in cap lock and no flexibility. The only way

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Jones is still an upgrade over Morris twins, D-Mo/Capela are not. We will see which of us is correct.

18. traveler

traveler Member

The only way Morey would even consider more than 2 years is with team options. Y'all are stretching.

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

How does that make sense to you? Any trade involving Bledsoe or Dragic with us that doesn't include Harden or Howard is a downgrade for them, to younger better contracts sure, but on the court they'd be worse. If their goal was just to make the playoffs, they would have signed Frye, instead their GM just held firm on a trade friendly offer and let him go.

#319 Aleron, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  20. loveofthegame44

16 pages late. What's the latest rumor?