1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cyberx News] Rockets among teams trying to trade for Bledsoe

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Aug 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. baubo

baubo Member

I'm thinking more Capella with Papa since Phoenix presumably don't want to stay on the treadmill. One interesting note if they do want Papa is that Gerald Green may be involved.

2. Raven

Raven Member

A very risky gamble considering Bledsoe's surgeries, but I can understand why Morey does it. Bledsoe/Ariza/Dwight/Harden/???

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

It's happening!!

4. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

I hear you, but while beat reporters often don't get exact numbers, he did say the feeling was that along with Kostas Hou could get to within a million or so of a max deal (which I think is around 14M....maybe 13?).

Kostas is 4.8, then throw in the non guaranteed's of Gee, Hopson and Powell and it brings you to about 10.6. I know that's enough based on the CBA, but it makes me wonder what else Phx wants. Drew said awhile back a "favorite 4" will be gone. I can't see them doing the deal without Kostas and TJ....along with a Capella or the Pels pick. Unless no one else out there can come close, I think we have to give up more than Kostas and expirings.

5. dje243

dje243 Member

I honestly think is the gamble you have to make. Give em TJones, Papa, expirings, and pels pick and they can't say no. We role with Bledsoe, Harden, Ariza, DMO, Dwight. That's a better team. You can win with that team.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Morris twins are goners next season so either TJones, D-Mo or Capela still makes sense. TJones gives Suns a top 20 PF right now vs. potential in D-Mo/Capela.

Papanikolaou/NOP 1st/PF (Jones/Motiejunas/Capela)/expiring salaries (Gee, Hopson, Powell) and maybe one of Canaan/Nick Johnson for Bledsoe.

7. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Say Papa is included in a trade for Bledsoe, do we get the MLE back?

8. baubo

baubo Member

They seem to really like Markieff. Not sure about Marcus. But if what you say is true, then Jones/DMo makes less sense than Capella, who they'll have under contract for 4 years and presumably would still be cheap once they get around to getting their own star.

I don't think it will cost nearly as much. At most two pieces of value. Perhaps Papa/DMo, or Papa/NO Pick, or Papa/Capella. I think Morey wants to split his assets between getting a PG and getting a PF.

I consider Capella to be more than a throw-in. I also think he fits better as a PF/C whereas Jones is more of a SF/PF. DMo would also work, but not really thinking Jones unless it's part of a 3-team trade.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Suns are trying to get into playoffs, so cheap (Capela) is not their goal - improving at the 4 (Jones over Morris twins) makes more sense. Suns want to win now, hence trying to get Love in 11th hour. Suns have enough young assets and picks, they want guys who can play now.

10. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Is a lineup of:

Howard
    Dmo
    Ariza
    Harden
    Bledsoe/Beverly

better than

Howard
    Bosh/Jones
    Parsons
    Harden
    Beverly

???

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Man I'd rather see Adrien or Dorsey at the starting 4 than DMO. All we need is:( strength, rebounding and defense at the 4.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not necessarily..that's exactly what Dwight brings. With Bledsoe, we could use 4 who can shoot AND finish inside. Hmmm..I wonder who could do that. ;)

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

No they're not, you're misunderstanding the thought pattern. Getting Love doesn't get them into the playoffs, it would make them seriously good, like edge of contention good.

They're not trying to make the playoffs, they're trying to become a contender, how do you get that major upgrade? Well the price for Love was the nba's reward for losing.

14. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Cyberx/KingDrew/Plowman, what are the possibilities of getting Denver involved as a 3rd team and snatching Faried for the NOP pick?

15. baubo

baubo Member

If they want to make the playoffs, they'd first have re-signed Frye, who was their most productive big last year. And they would've tried harder to re-sign Bledsoe, who would not get nearly the return on his talent in any S&T.

Phoenix going after Love is like Morey trying to get Howard or Harden. You get your star regardless of where you are in your rebuilding process.

16. Swishh

Swishh Member

Credibility lost. Why the hell would Cleveland want Bledose? They wouldn't - sounds like complete BS.

You actually want Faried? Terrence Jones puts up 12/7 vs Faried's 14/8. Faried is also due for a contract extension soon. Do not want.

17. daytripper

daytripper Member

Cavs FO is tight with Bledsoe's agent, Rich Paul, and could be doing him a solid by raising EB's value around the league. Don't see why they would have any actual interest in mini LeBron since they have the real thing, not to mention Kyrie at PG.

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Not Motiejunas... nothing regarding his game is consistent.

19. Normalus

Normalus Member

You sell us that Adrien or Dorsey are consistent? BS

20. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

DMo's certainly a consistently terrible shooter from 15-feet and beyond.

Moot point, since given how this offseason has unfolded so far, we're clearly bringing Marcus Morris back.