1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CUT CARMELO TOMORROW???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Oct 30, 2018.

1. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

And why did they do that? Because they had to pay CP3 40 mil and didn't want to pay Ariza another 15 on top of that.

MELO is old and not good anymore. How is that defending him.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

you're defending him bc you come into this thread trying to justify him playing poorly. That's clearly defending him.

why did they do that? bc history shows the rockets try to get "value" out of all their role player signings. The rockets were going to be over the cap regardless. They took chances on guys to "outperform their contracts" and it has obviously backfired

3. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

I am not justify him playing poorly I am saying most of the time in the NBA you get what you pay for. Blaming a Vet Min player is just over looking the bigger problems. I think MDA needs a shorter leash on Melo. If he isn't hitting shots he shouldn't be in the game. The problem is with Gordon out and CP3 playing like crap where are you going to get offense from? Just hope Melo makes shots like he didn't last couple of games before the OKC game.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

once again, you're using his vet min status as some gimmick excuse to not blame him. that in absolutely no way gives him a free pass to not get any blame. the rockets have issues and he's clearly one of them. its a shitshow atm

#264 YOLO, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I always love this guy's lowlight videos.

sushimaster and Chuck Nevitt like this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You know what. If Melo was really a vet min player, he would have been treated like GG and MCW. But he isn't because he is Carmelo Anthony. If he was treated like those guys, how do you think he would react?

7. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

edit: oops already posted above. mods pls delete!

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Lock in a sock, Tilman.

9. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

I'm on board, 2018 Melo can't help the Rockets win, especially in big moments against good teams. Cutting him makes the team better.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

people need to stop with this “Melo is a vet min player” excuse

he is getting a lot of minutes, and he’s 4th on the team in shot attempts per game

How many vet min players u know getting 30 mpg and taking the 4th most shots on the team? He has a big role on this team.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The other laughable defense often used here is "he is a Ryan Anderson replacement".

Since when did it become a necessity to replace one scrub with a slighter better scrub (which is also debatable)?

You get rid of these kind of players or keep them rooted to the bench, not rely on them, if your goal is to challenge for the title.

The Rockets needed to get BETTER players.

If the Warriors lost two of their impact players, lets say Iggy and Livingston, and replaced them with Ennis + Melo +MCW + Brandon + Knight over the summer, we would be laughing at them.

The delusion was unreal over the summer.

Chuck Nevitt likes this.
  12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Chris Paul was supposed to make these scrubs better.

Instead the scrubs won.

They turned him into one of their own.

Chuck Nevitt likes this.
  13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Exactly. How many vet min players get 30 minutes a game despite being bad?

Zboy likes this.
  14. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

I really wonder how long the Rockets are going to keep Carmelo. I hated the signing but I didn't think he would have such a negative impact on the team. They need to drop his ass like a bad habit.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t like the “Ryan Anderson replacement” excuse either...u can be better than Ryno and still be a scrub that hurts the team on both ends

Ryno’s role on the team wasn’t this big...after the All-Star break he averaged only 18 mpg, and he was excised from the rotation once the playoffs started for good reason

many on CF were thinking Melo would be a 20 ppg scorer...I even saw some people saying he’d average 4 apg...people thinking his inefficient ISO would help the team and add a new dimension to the offense

Melo should be getting 15-20 minutes off the bench, and only get more than that if he’s having a good game offensively

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At least he made ONE shot. I expected fully to watch him go 0-11.

Schröder is a much better addition for them.

I think he continues to have 27-28 point games but will have a lot of dud games, mostly against better playoff teams.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It may not be fair to blame Melo, but he is an issue. Signing an OLD CP3, and Melo together has made us worse.

CP3 should snap out of it Melo is in sharp decline.

DD

Chuck Nevitt likes this.
  18. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

DMo is putting up big numbers in China, can we sign him to be the Melo replacement?

19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

His one made FG was a goaltend that wasn't going in.

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

I think the vet min usage can be disingenuous. One on hand, yes, the ROCKETS are only paying him the veteran’s minimum, because he was bought out and he’s making a lot of money from Atlanta, but the expectation the Rockets had was not to get the average veteran’s minimum player. If he was just a free agent and they signed him, the minimum would likely have been something like an MLE contract, so yes, he’s making the veteran’s minimum, but the expected production is not that of “just another vet min contract”. The positive is that theoretically the team can cut him at any time without much problem cap wise, etc, but him being friends with Paul and recruited by Paul and Harden affects that decision too.