1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tags:
  1. brooksstephens

I know this team isn't literally cursed, but it sure as hell seems like it. From Kirilenko's flop to wipe out the game-tying 3, then a little desperation flip shot from Korver, and not to mention our All-star center and starting PG are out....

Looking back at the past 3 playoff series starting with Dallas, it just seems that there's some kinda of force working against us... it rips your heart to shreds every time.

2. fayesun

fayesun Member

no, it's all about ourselves

3. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

bad teams and bad players(everybody on the Rockets) find way to lose games.

4. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

All about ourselves? I'm sure we would sweep the Jazz if they were without Boozer. That's the calibur of player we lost when Yao went down.

Injuries played a big role in this year's first round and out.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yes,
    its the curse of the FAKE ROCKET FANS.

the ones who DON'T APPRECIATE the Rockets past teams and heroes.

Those idiots who think Tmac is better than Hakeem. Dream never tires.
    he only grows stronger.

its time you newbs respect your history, after that, the mojo will be back.

6. rocketsmetalspd

This team is cursed. Need to bring a curandera next season to sweep out the bad spirits that surround the team.

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

truth is, the rockets were never the better team in the past 3 series. if they were really the better team all 3 times and couldn't win then i would think about things like being cursed. but when your worse than your opponent and they beat you, what's to wonder about?

8. brooksstephens

May I ask who this strange post was directed towards?

9. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Hmmm...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The curse of the # 1 jersey?

PLAUSIBLE.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Warren Moon apologist... and am accused of being a T-Mac apologist as well. Both are going to go down (note: possibly both) as great players with no trophies...

But the OP may be onto something.

On the other hand.... if "CLUTCH CITY" is ever to return... this is the set-up we've been waiting for...

Down 0-2, back against the wall, nothing to lose but the playoffs...

We shall see.

10. rocketsmetalspd

I like to see the Jazz play a playoff series without Boozer, Spurs without Duncan, Mavs without Dirk, Suns without Nash, Hornets without CP3, and the Lakers without Kobe. The Rockets are still playing tough without their best player.

11. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Yup, we're cursed all right.

Cursed because we have
    Scrubola, a supposed ROY candidate who can't make a layup or FT to save his life.
    Hayes, who can't even play for any other NBA team but gets significant minutes on the Rockets.
    Alston, who is our starting PG, but shoots worse and finishes worse than any other PG in the league (love that tear drop)
    Head, who finds new ways to turn the ball over

FT and layups matter. Too bad the Rockets don't get it.
    Basketball skills matter. Too bad the Rockets don't get it.
    Size and athleticism matter. Too bad the Rockets don't get it.

I'd say the Rockets have cursed themselves.

12. kejohn

kejohn Member

Good teams are able to overcome poor officiating. The Rockets of the mid 90's were able to overcome bad calls (except when playing Seattle it seemed).

Since Yao and TMac are basically untradable at this time, Morey should consider trading for a real Power Forward, a better Point Guard and more consistent outside shooters. As good as Battier is, I would look to package him to accomplish this and would consider moving anybody else except for the three rookies (Landry, Brooks and Scola). Most really good teams like the Spurs, Celtics and Jazz have at least three consistent offensive players. This team needs a consistent third option to complement Yao and Tracy to complete in the playoffs.

13. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

With 30 NBA teams, you should average a championship every 30 years. We have a couple more decades of Cubs or Red Sox-type heartbreaks before we can stake a claim to a curse. Plus, its not like we traded away the Babe to start the curse; we only traded away Cassell and Horry.

14. stevesazninvazn

I don't believe in curses and neither should you. C'mon, holy crap guys, we've just had a couple of tough breaks, things ALWAYS change. Just remember, the bitterness that we are enduring now makes victory much, much sweeter. If you don't believe, 1. Get the hell off the bandwagon. 2. Remember last year's Warriors who overcame overwhelming odds and did the impossible. WE BELIEVE!

15. 2rings

2rings Member

Stupid. I love the old glory days as much as anyone but you also have to be afn of today's club too. Do you sport a poodle skirt too?

16. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

tinman maybe you need some medication. Your posts are becoming more and more insane and you've become a caricature of urself. And I don't think 99% of the fans here thinks Tmac is better than Hakeem.

17. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

It certainly seems that way. This was supposed to be our year... :(

18. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

i dont know about the team but tmac sure seemed cursed. No matter how well he played or what record he's team started off with in a series, in the end he will lose

19. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

The Rockets' bad luck streak doesn't even remotely resemble what a curse is for some of the other sports franchises out there....

In other notes, to win the series you need to win 4 games, not 2.

We need not look further for comeback stories from 0-2 deficits than our own history book for the past 3 years...

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we need to be pure fans. never question the rockets of old or new.
    i want our team to win, but the impurity of the fans has forsaken us.

i'm not saying its a bunch of them. you can easily look at my signature to give you proof that they exist.

its evil.

pray to the rocket gods for a win!