1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Curse of The Little Mermaid

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AntiSonic, Nov 15, 2008.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The difference in the end of the game is that Brooks was playing off the ball, not on it...and was not putting the pressure on the Spurs defense with his penetration.

Basically they inverted the offense with Tmac at the PG spot and Brooks at the SG spot.

TMac stunk last night, I think Adelman needs to be a little tougher on him, yank him when he is struggling, give him some consequences for his lazy play...

DD

2. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

If he hadn't asserted himself in trying to take the game over, I can guarantee you there would be 20 threads up b****ing about how he doesn't care.

3. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

Yao doesn't assert himself or demand the ball because he's trying to play within the offense and do what he's told... which is to be Brad Miller on the high post.

4. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The curse is that this BBS has been saddled with the most miserable twerp of all time, AntiSonic. You add *nothing* to this board. Stop posting.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Cabbage, that assumes that they still lose the game.

I have no issue with Tmac having the ball some of the time, it is when he has it ALL the time that it can hurt the team.

I guess I am of the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality, and Brooks had the team in position to win until Tmac tried to ..ehem...fix it.

DD

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Well, he should. That's kind of the point i'm trying to make.

I don't care about the "gentle giant" label or whatever. If you're Yao you need to demand the ball in situations like that.

7. dreamrockets

dreamrockets Member

The problem with T-MAC is his shot selection. I want to call him, Tracy-I want to take over the game by junk up bad shots-McGrady

8. ibm

ibm Member

antisonic, never noticed your member #9 on this board. # freaking 9!

9. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

That's misleading. I'm a holdover from the old board where dozens of posters were around before me. I just registered here early.

10. ibm

ibm Member

totally agree. but a serious question is how does he do it? especially when the system of the coach is designed to have him in the high post almost half of the time.

other than trying hard to get position on his defender, and waving his arms, what can yao do to get more touches in the low post? i think this has been discussed before many times, and we yet to see a good solution.

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

When Brooks did have the ball in those final moments, he wasn't making great decisions either. We went scoreless when the Spurs went on a 12-0 run. Brooks, like the rest, couldn't make a bucket either.

12. ibm

ibm Member

i know. i was just trying to establish more authority and credibility for you. lol.

and since we knew this board i guess 'bout the same time, do you mind exchange your member # and status with me for a consideration? j/k

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The first thing he can do is be more effective with the post catches he does get. On shots that aren't dunks or tip-ins, he's shooting close to 40% for the season. That's not good enough. Once his efficiency goes up, players will recognize he's a more potent option and they'll look for him more.

14. ibm

ibm Member

40% is bad for a center yao's caliber. yet at this moment it's still better than mcgrady's or artest's % in half of our games.

players do not "need" to see yao shooting >50% every night to recognize him as a better option. yao's track record alone is enough, or should i say "should" be enough for them.

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

As opposed to T-Mac jacking up 22-foot line drivers inside the 3-pt line or Artest forcing shots up in traffic?

I agree with you on Yao with the "gimme's". It's frustrating but i'd still like to see the guy 3-5 feet away from the basket getting the most touches.

16. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

If David Robinson is Ariel, what Disney Princess would you say Tracy is?

[​IMG]

17. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Actually, Antisonic is a very good poster IMO when he's not posting about Tracy McGrady.

18. caneks

caneks Rookie

A team depending too much on a single player will never be a great one. Lakers could still win without KB, Boston could do without any one of its stars. Hoston can't without T-Mac. I am not sure whether the reason is T-Mac dominating the ball too much or that no one in NBA could be T-Mac's supporting crew.

19. DPballer

DPballer Member

Yeah, and Tim Donaghy was a very clean ref IMO when he wasn't fixing games.

20. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Really, do we need a new thread for this? There are so many already. I know AntiSonic is on a high right now with everyone hating on McGrady (including myself) because that's all he ever talks about.