1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Curry's the best right now

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OTMax, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

Harden saved the Rockets from mediocrity. I love him. But if I wasn't a Rockets fan, I'd feel sorry for the team that had him as their #1. As much as it pains me to say that.

That being said, it's not really fair to compare him to Curry. Curry could be the best of all time if he keeps playing at this level, honestly. The eye test and the stats say so. Is it the system? Idk but I'll be interested to see how he does in the Olympics.

2. Karolik

Karolik Member

...how does a player go from 23 ppg on 48 percent to 30 ppg on 51 percent in the same amount of minutes? Ridiculous.

3. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

rockets in 6

4. BackdoorHarden

Remember who the player voted as the MVP last year, it was
    JAMES HARDEN that won the MVP last year.

Only reason Curry is getting coverage is because of the West Coast
    media basias.

That's why Harden wants to go to Los Angeles, he wants the media
    attention. If Harden was in Los Angeles or New York, he would
    easily be the #1 player in the NBA as the Creator

5. BackdoorHarden

Exactly! Freaking Bogut himself will take 2 defenders out by holding their hands and the refs never calls him for the obvious offensive foul.

There is no way Curry is always wide open. The reason is because of all the illegal screens

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

again nobody cares about that award but if that makes you feel better then thats you. JH sure as hell would rather be the NBA MVP

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hate player only fans

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

Did he? Seems like were the very definition of mediocrity. As always. With all of our sports. Mediocre city. Mediocre weather. Mediocre people. Mediocre women. Mediocre nightlife. Mediocre lifestyle. Mediocre fans at Toyota Center. Mediocre uniforms and logos. Mediocre history. Mediocre gangsters. Mediocre cowboys. Mediocre hipsters.

Houston, Texas.

Master of None.

Mediocre of All.

Do not, my friends, become addicted to overachieving, fluke seasons . It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!

[​IMG]

9. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

one is the medias award the other is a players award. I dont think harden cares he didnt win the media award specialize when you realize how some of those nitwits voted.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

actually as much as he was upset about now winning the NBA MVP thats been around for 50+ years that every player dreams about winning coming into the league, I'd say he cares a whole lot

11. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

houston is great son. maybe you need more glitz and glam. go get some then

12. Camarograna2

bro do you even math?
    NBA mvp changed to media votes in 1980-81. Prior to that the players voted for the award.

2016-1980 = 46 :):eek:

13. Camarograna2

by the way im answering you as a joke.. the answer is 36 years it has been voted for by media.. not 50. Again the importance of a players only and a media one is debatable. I personally feel more honored if my peers reward me than if a dude i never met and who has never watched me work rewards me

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Go back to elementary school, kid.

15. Camarograna2

did you read my post afterwards? clearly you did not. Im making fun of the guy that thinks media has voted for mvp award for over 50 years by giving him fake math. DOnt call me a kid thug

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

dang that must take the complete value off the award then. Harden must not have known the years

17. watashi315

watashi315 Member

I know it's controversial to say this but I'm always shocked when analysts put Lebron super high in the best-of-all-time lists or even put him in the conversation of GOAT. Lebron is a great player who can really carry a team on his shoulders. In fact, for a stretch 4-5 years (2009-2013), he was the best overall player in the league. I say overall because Kobe was probably more dominant in other aspects but didn't have the complete game that Lebron did.

Many would say Lebron went to the Finals a gazillion times. But guess what, who cares? He has, for his whole career thus far, played in a eastern conference when we all know that during the past 15 years or so that conference hasn't really mattered. If you look at NBA champs from 1999 to today, other than two super teams (Heat and Celtics) and an anomaly of a year with the Pistons, ALL NBA champs belong to the west by a margin of 12 to 5 - and predominantly Lakers and Spurs.

But unfortunately, Lebron's dominance is short lived. Eventually Durant came onto the scene and overshadowed him in terms of scoring stats. And now, Curry is putting up all-world numbers. The difference between Curry and Durant is that, so far, no team has figured out how to stop Curry. Plus, Curry is helping his team win in a major way. Like on pace to break the Bulls record.

I'm no fans of the Warriors. In fact, I kind of hate watching them play because it takes the competition out of the game. They make it look too easy. But you have to recognize when something special is unfolding in front of us. Every generation, a special player comes along that transcends the game and take it to a new level in some aspect. Show us stuff that we haven't seen before. Magic/Bird brought the game into the modern era. Jordan took what they did and refined it in every way. Before Jordan, we have never seen a player with such speed and complete set of skills.

Players in the league today (Kobe, Lebron, Durant, etc) grew up watching Jordan because we were told that he was the "perfect player" that could bring your team success. While Lebron and Durant are great individual players, they never brought the game to that next level.

However, Curry is doing that now. We have NEVER in the history of the league witnessed a man who can shoot like this. Furthermore, Curry is bringing quickness, agility, passing and sometimes, tenacious defense, which makes him as complete of a player as he can be for his position/size. You can bet that there are kids watching the game right now and are diligently practicing their 3-pointers. He is taking his team to new heights, and more importantly, he has brought the game of basketball to heights we've never seen before.

Is Curry the GOAT? Probably not. But if he continues playing this way for another 4-5 years and bringing him MVPs and trophies, he can definitely enter into the conversation for top 3 of all time ahead of Lebron and Kobe.

18. Caesar

Caesar Member

I've lived in Honolulu and San Diego, believe me i've tried, but i'm always pulled back home to Houston. I guess i like misery. I like pain. I like fat girls?

19. Camarograna2

why did you go off topic? you said he should care for an award that has been around for over 50 years. It has not.

Please stay on topic i know its hard for you.

Again IMHO i would care for if my peers reward me than a group of guys who never see me work. The media MVP comes with more glamour because obviously its sponsored by media so they hype it up. If you are saying that he cares more about that award because he is vain like that then yes i will agree with you. But to this point you haven't given much on why you feel he cares more for the media MVP vote except a lie that you said this award has been around for over 50 years.

25 years the award was given by players
    then 35 years of media before a players award was introduced again last year. Because of this change the value in each is debatable but the fact remains even though it is still the same name it has not held its value for over 50 years.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

you're attempt to make the award less important was a failure. This has already been discussed numerous times. You're trying to point out 25, 35 years whatever. It doesn't make a difference. At the end of the day its the NBA MVP award that as a competitor every player dreams about winning coming into the league. The importance can easily be seen through that player once its given. It's the highest individual player award in the league period. There's a reason why Harden has brought up the topic numerous times. The PA award is as important as the 15 seconds people choose to say thanks. Let me know when you see players break down their life story winning this. I don't expect the PA awards to be around that long so good luck.