1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Currently, who is the best rockets player?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abc2007, Jan 15, 2011.

?

1. Brooks

66 vote(s)
    28.0%
  2. Martin

92 vote(s)
    39.0%
  3. Scola

49 vote(s)
    20.8%
  4. Other

29 vote(s)
    12.3%
  1. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Although Martin & Scola have better stats, my vote goes to AB.

2. kingjosh

kingjosh Member

Id like to see this poll conducted when the AB's results won't be heavily inflated from his atlanta heroics.

3. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

knee jerk thread?

4. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

I voted for AB.

I think it depends:

-Martin is best scorer, can score 25 much easier than Brooks and Scola
    -Brooks is better than Martin in clutch and one on one situations
    -Scola is hard working and has been more consistent than other 2 for the most part in the career. Not close to Lowry though

I think these 3 are most talented players in this team. Lowry is not as much talented but a damn hard worker. Bench players and Hayes are good but obviously their talent, CURRENTLY, is not better than these guys.

1 person likes this.
  5. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

All three guys mentioned are purely offensive weapons, Out of the 3 it was a coin toss to AB.

When they are on, they are all awesome.

This group if given a perimeter defender and a Center could go deep into the playoffs.

Morey, G Wallace is available for a TE and future pick.

6. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Well said. Repped.

7. anchel

anchel Member

In my opinion is probably Kyle Lowry.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

We have a number of pretty good players, but no one I'd call the clear-cut "best" player.

9. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Chuck Hayes.

10. Cheerio

Cheerio Member

Patrick Patterson

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Scola is the best

at letting his man dunk the basketball off a screen and roll.

12. PeppermintCandy

On this current team, there's no one player that I'd say is better than everyone else. I'd say four or even five players can share the title of "best."

But if the definition of "best" were "most valuable to a contending team", I'd pick Martin, because his unique offensive skillset makes him one of the best third or fourth options in the league, if you have a first and second option in place already.

OTOH if the definition of "best" were "hardest skillset to replace", I'd go with... Shane Battier. He may have slowed down some, but he consistently keeps himself involved in both offensive and defensive plays in a way few players know how to do. He really is Mr. Intangibles.

13. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

oh no.... Kyle Lowry has played great recently and he's slowly winning me over, but he's not our best scorer(martin, scola, brooks), hes not even for sure our best passer(ish smith in my opinion and Brooks shoots more where lowry passes, doesnt make lowry a better passer in my book)...he's proved himself to be a very good player, but the guy averaging almost 24ppg or the guy that is on his way back to being a 20ppg scorer(brooks) are undoubtedly better players. Look at Lowry's pay check compared to Martin's(and Brooks after this season)... good player, not our best..

14. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

agreed, no all around good at everything players on this team.. brooks is closest though :grin:

15. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

I chose AB because he is most clutch and can go 1 on 1. In my opinion, best players can can play in crunch time when the game is on the line. Martin is great but he sometimes dissapears in the 4th when we really need him at times.

16. Hball

Hball Member

Brooks is the best closer on the team, so in my opinion he's the best player.

I think Rockets will continue to bring him ff the bench though to lower his stock, so they can try to resign him cheap.

17. moreyball

moreyball Member

Is it good to have so many different players discussed in this thread? Or would you rather have 1 player who is unanimously the best, such as Amare in New York.

18. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

This^

19. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

I agree with most that we don't clear cut best player.. closest one is Brooks..

His problem is his inconsistency but there is no doubt guy is talented.

He is usually up for big games and plays best in those. When he is in flow, he can break any defense and find open teammates... he can be a great passer when he is fully involved. There is no doubt that he is a good shooter. He is not that bad defensively when he tries.... his biggest problem is he just does not leave everything on court every game like Lowry and Scola

20. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

I want to add something to that:

If Brooks played every game while using brain and put his best effort in... he can easily be that best player in this team. So, talent he has is unquestionable. It's his performance that is more questionable to me.